Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowher Flats - 11/16

Hi Everyone...A USC grad student contacted me about a documentary that she is making on and about Four Wheeling. She needs to go out and wheel, and take some footage. It sounds like she has never beed wheeling. I am available this Sunday, and plan on taking her to Rowher Flats. Anybody who is interested is more than welcome. Any takers?????????

Re: USC Grad Student needs help

Originally posted by Qubicon
    Hi Everyone...A USC grad student contacted me about a documentary that she is making on and about Four Wheeling. She needs to go out and wheel, and take some footage. It sounds like she has never beed wheeling. I am available this Sunday, and plan on taking her to Rowher Flats. Anybody who is interested is more than welcome. Any takers?????????
    I'm in! Rowher is a great trail Kirk, Jim?

Let's get this girl some great footage! Guess that means Al & Chris have to be there too

:hat:

Comment

Sounds like fun to me.You planning on going up the back or front.I haven't been out since Coyote lake. jeff
      95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

Don't know, I'll just go with the flow. I don't want to scare her, and will see what she's up for as we get closer to Sunday. I look forward to seeing you on the trail, its been a while.

Comment

Don't know, I'll just go with the flow. I don't want to scare her, and will see what she's up for as we get closer to Sunday. I look forward to seeing you on the trail, its been a while.
          If you want to keep from scaring her...take a female along. Sarah and Tam have Jeeps that are ready for that run. Besides...if she is doing a thing on Jeeps, she needs to have a representative of the JeepGirl Club.

Comment

I may be in, depending on what the Missus would like to do. She and I did Sierra Pelona Road which intersects multiple times with the Rowher trail. Sierra Pelona is pretty tame and she managed it just fine with a stocker Cherokee.

Rowher looked a bit more challenging to say the least. Yeah, I think it'll be fun, but we may have to leave her XJ behind and just take the TJ together.

How important is clearance on Rowher? I only have 30.5" and my oilpan already has a dent the size of a grapefruit from John Bull(oil pressure is still good thank goodness).

My articulation is OK, but who needs articulation when you have lockers!

Weather forecast for Santa Clarita looks good.

BTW, what's the spin on the film? Is this going to be some diatribe about how four-wheelers are spilling MTBE into the groundwater? Just curious as there is no such thing as a truly objective documentary.
            Last edited by jmbrowning; 11-11-03, 01:58 AM.
            Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
            2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

maybe.
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I'm bringing Pagona, and agree that the Jeep Girls Club should be represented. As for the trail dificulty, if we stick to Rowher Trail, a stock XJ should need nothing other than a good spot here and there. I have taken a bone stock, unlocked, all terrain tired XJ over this a few times in the past. As for our oil pans, it sounds like they are related, or at least seeing the same rock. I spoke with Alexia (the Student) last night, and gave her the info on this thread. I asked her to check it out, and post if necessary. I think that she is more interested in the culture of wheeling, but I don't see how she can do a good film without at least touching on the enviromental aspects. Its up to us to show her the difference between being an idiot, and a responsible wheeler.:confused: Brian-empty your PM mailbox.....what do you mean mabey?

Comment

Hi -- I'm the USC grad student doing the story on offroading. The piece will be shorter than the typical documentary, between 5 and 10 minutes, and yes -- I'm mostly interested in the culture of offroading but need to include some environmental aspects.

I plan to "interview" as many off-roaders as possible to learn about the culture as well as what you do to minimize environmental harm. I'll also interview someone from the other side, for balance. But MAINLY I want the piece to capture the fun, the comradery, etc. involved in offroading.

Hope you all can join us. From the pictures I've seen on the web, this could turn up some great visuals.

If any of you can't make it this weekend but would be willing to do an interview, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

Comment

Have you been up to Azusa Cyn to watch the Mud runs. Different then a lot of organized runs. If you are looking for people pulling together to help each other out. Then head up there on a sunday and watch 50-100 lifted trucks running thru the deep mud. People help each other out a lot. And besides, the guys covered in mud makes for great footage as people look on.
                    It is a different aspect compared to the Jeep Trail runs (which are pretty damn fun too).

People really pull together, literally often there are more trucks pulling out a single driver stuck.
                    Black 92 YJ
                    SOA, 2.5" Rancho Springs, 33" BFG M/T
                    8.8 w/4.56 w/detroit
                    Banks Header, Borla Exhaust, K&N

Comment

I'm bringing Pagona, and agree that the Jeep Girls Club should be represented. As for the trail dificulty, if we stick to Rowher Trail, a stock XJ should need nothing other than a good spot here and there. I have taken a bone stock, unlocked, all terrain tired XJ over this a few times in the past. As for our oil pans, it sounds like they are related, or at least seeing the same rock. I spoke with Alexia (the Student) last night, and gave her the info on this thread. I asked her to check it out, and post if necessary. I think that she is more interested in the culture of wheeling, but I don't see how she can do a good film without at least touching on the enviromental aspects. Its up to us to show her the difference between being an idiot, and a responsible wheeler.:confused: Brian-empty your PM mailbox.....what do you mean mabey?
                      I'm getting better tires this weekend for my TJ...me too? (hate to be a pest and a drag though) :confused:

Comment

Brian-empty your PM mailbox.....what do you mean mabey?
                        it's empty. maybe means I might come, or I might not. maybe.

hey, don't you think Miller would offer more places for good photography. Yellowjacket for some rocks?
                        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

how about the desert? yeah!! desert!! CALICO!
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                            how about the desert? yeah!! desert!! CALICO!
                            Both places sound ominous...

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ

hey, don't you think Miller would offer more places for good photography. Yellowjacket for some rocks?
                              [img]insert pic here of brians Jeep with Lake Elizabeth(?) in the background that Handlebars took[/img]

how can you tell me that's not good photography?

Comment

Working...
                              X