Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will be there

We will be at the South end of the Rowher trail by 1000 on Sunday.

There are a few side loops on Sierra Pelona that are a bit more challenging, even moreso if it's muddy out. Still probably passable with a stock open diff vehicle with AT tires.

In any case, Sunday's forecast looks like showers with 62 degree highs in Santa Clarita.

Called 661-296-9710 and 626-574-1613. Angeles National Forest is open and no closures.

HTH. I will post GPS coordinates of the staging area.
    Last edited by jmbrowning; 11-12-03, 07:21 PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

OK- So Rowher it is. Lets meet at the first staging area parking lot. You can take the 5 north to the 14 east, get off on Sand Canyon. Make a left off the freeway, and continue straight through the canyon. It ends at Sierra Highway. Make a right, and follow Sierra Highway to the sign for Rowher Recreation area. Make a left, and follow the dirt road to the staging area. I will be at the AM/PM on Sand Canyon at about 9:30 stocking up for the day. Sorry, we will be taking the easy way up, and not entering from Bouquet Canyon

Comment

Direction of travel

So are we going South to North for this trip? If so, it should be a lot easier prob easy enough for stocker vehicles even in rain. Going downhill at the very north end of the trail may be hair raising with slick mud. Easy to bypass using the Sierra Pelona trail.

Start from Staging Area 1 means a trip south to north

STAGING AREA 1
        N 34,31.600
        W 118,22.962
        Elevation 2546 feet

Citizens Band Channel 4
        Last edited by jmbrowning; 11-12-03, 07:29 PM.
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia
          If any of you can't make it this weekend but would be willing to do an interview, that would be helpful as well.
          Do you need the interview on video?
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

looks like we might have rain.weather
            could make things interesting.
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

How about stoping at Big Oaks lodge or someware else for food and BEER . or is that BEER and food,wait maybee just BEER:confused:.It will be nice to see everyone again.
              95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

Originally posted by scubatch
                How about stoping at Big Oaks lodge or someware else for food and BEER . or is that BEER and food,wait maybee just BEER:confused:.It will be nice to see everyone again.
                good to see your coming out. where's big oaks?
                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Rowher Flats - 1st staging area - 10:00

I will be there as long as the Rig is not torn down.

Bringing Lynda and Jamie also.

Kool.

Kirk
                  Kirk
                  1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

We will run from South to North, exiting on Bouquet Canyon. The Oaks lodge is in the canyon on the way out. I've been looking for a reason to stop there for some time now. I'm up for lunch etc. MMMMM Rain now it gets fun, Glad I didn't wash the Jeep last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                      Do you need the interview on video?
                      Yes, I'll need to get the interviews on camera. But don't be shy! It's actually pretty fun, and you get used to it after a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia
                        Yes, I'll need to get the interviews on camera. But don't be shy! It's actually pretty fun, and you get used to it after a few minutes.
                        i was just wondering, because i'm not going to be able to make it this sunday, but still wanted to help out.
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                          i was just wondering, because i'm not going to be able to make it this sunday, but still wanted to help out.
                          Let me know if you're interested in setting up an interview then. I'll have a camera this Saturday and next weekend (Thursday evening through Sunday) as well.

Comment

Rohrers Flats 11.16.03

Count me in for this Sunday. 11-16-03

94 GC 5.2 V-8
                            6” Orgs Lift with Accos Spacers
                            Orgs Rock Sliders
                            Borla Headers & Borla Muffler
                            Twin City Dual Air Filters with Map Guide
                            Rancho 9000rsx Shocks with On-Board Air
                            JKS Disco’s
                            33” MTR’s on AR 15x7 ˝ Rims
                            Red Top Optima Battery

Comment

CJ is still down but we will show with the TJ. Brian & Sully

Comment

Count me in for a couple of hours. I have so much t do to get ready for T-giving "Turkey in the Dirt". But this event is 10 minutes from home, I can't miss this chance to put my jeep into low range. I will run tail-gunner if no one else wants to. I know the area and my CB is working well.
                                T
                                456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

Working...
                                X