Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Chance Canyon is not in Jawbone. As Igofshn stated it is about six miles up the road from Jawbone. I don't know the name of the road that vears east off the 14 just north of Cantil that leads to the trail head. Meet us at Primo's in Mojave 8:30.

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
      Meet at Primo Burger 0830 for breakfast or Jawbone ranger station 0930 (20 miles ne of Mojave on Hwy 14, left hand side) can't miss it.
      According to Yahoo maps 1 hour 47 minutes and 88.something miles. I'm a ditz and I drive slow...2 hours or better. No sleep for the wicked. :yawn:

Comment

It's on the Ransburg road.
        Kirk
        1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

I cant wait.We are going to take tons of pics.

Comment

There is a cool bar\burger joint in the old mining town of Ransburg which is about 15 or so minutes past the end of the Last Chance trail.
            Anyone up for an early dinner or a late lunch - or a snack at the old original Saloon in Ransburg after the run???

Cool old mining town with lots of history.
            Kirk
            1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Great burger place. Peanut shells on the floor. Have to also check out the restored old west barber shop too.
              ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
              00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
              97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Originally posted by Cetrov
                There is a cool bar\burger joint in the old mining town of Ransburg which is about 15 or so minutes past the end of the Last Chance trail.
                Anyone up for an early dinner or a late lunch - or a snack at the old original Saloon in Ransburg after the run???

I up for it. I will be hungry and thirsty by that time.

Comment

They have the BEST onionrings!

Originally posted by Cetrov

456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

Well I think my wife and I are going to try and join you guys. She is not up for a 5:30 am ride for three hours so we will be staying in Mojave on Friday night, don't know were yet. I see that Last chance rd, is on the map. This would indicate that it is doable with a 2wd. Does the trail have chalenges other than the "notch" ? Last weekend I did Lockwood and Miller and thought they were great trails with many minor chalenges. How does LC compare to these?
                    Rubi,5sp, Gold, OME lift, Viair 450H SwayLoc, JKS 1.25" BL & 1" MM , GY 285/75-16 MTR's. Warn 9500Ti, dual Yellow Optima's, Nth' 1.25"drop TT /UCA's, T W DS, JKS F&R LCA's, M.O.R.E H C Front Bumper.

Comment

easier if you stick to all the bypasses.
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

So how many by passes are there? It sounds like you can make it as hard or easy as you would like. Since I am new at this it is great to watch the more experienced drivers tackle the tough stuff. Then build the courage to try it myself. The group looks to be made of everything from stock to highly modified. This trail must have something for everyone, or you would not be drawing such a crowd, it looks like you are up to about 13.
                        Rubi,5sp, Gold, OME lift, Viair 450H SwayLoc, JKS 1.25" BL & 1" MM , GY 285/75-16 MTR's. Warn 9500Ti, dual Yellow Optima's, Nth' 1.25"drop TT /UCA's, T W DS, JKS F&R LCA's, M.O.R.E H C Front Bumper.

Comment

many, and yes.
                          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by BigRick
                            So how many by passes are there? It sounds like you can make it as hard or easy as you would like. Since I am new at this it is great to watch the more experienced drivers tackle the tough stuff. Then build the courage to try it myself. The group looks to be made of everything from stock to highly modified. This trail must have something for everyone, or you would not be drawing such a crowd, it looks like you are up to about 13.
                            You have a better rig than I do and I'm going. I'm doing it with the funny little 215 donuts and no lift or lockers.

Comment

last chance is cake... stockers need not worry it's more like a 2wd trail with obstacles off to the sides... not so much "bypasses" as we usually think of them. btw, i'm in it's official hopefully my t-case doesn't puke it's guts out like it did on the way home from calico last month damage: one output bearing and a few hours laying under the Jeep. upside: I got a kickass set of snapring pliers now

see y'all on Saturday for breakfast!

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
                                last chance is cake... stockers need not worry it's more like a 2wd trail with obstacles off to the sides... not so much "bypasses" as we usually think of them.
                                In otherwords, those of us not doing the technical stuff can stop and take pictures of those who do.

btw, i'm in it's official hopefully my t-case doesn't puke it's guts out like it did on the way home from calico last month damage: one output bearing and a few hours laying under the Jeep. upside: I got a kickass set of snapring pliers now

see y'all on Saturday for breakfast!
                                See, even when the Jeep is puking parts, a little ray of sunshine happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X