Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be there for sure. Still trying to get one of my buds with a 4x4 pick up to come along. I'll camp out there at mule canyon. Sounds like it's really turned into an event.
    Rat
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I went to Calico in March of this year (06),
      http://www.alljeep.com/coppermine/th...s.php?album=29
      and it was in serious need!!!! I could not believe how bad people trash this awesome area!!!! I was there while they were filming a movie...

Down in the canyon, Clint Eastwood is out there with Steven Spielberg filming two movies - Red Sun, Black sand and Flags of our Fathers. Red Sun is a Japanese movie that will have US subtitles and vice versa for Flags. They are both the same movie, but are positioned from both stand points (WWII Iwo Jima). Later we found out there was 'two white Jeeps on top of the hill and we had to quit filming - looked just like yours!' Wooops! We thought we were high enough to not be a bother.

Is my direct qoute from after the event. While speaking with the officials there, they said it took them 2 days to clean out just the one canyon and filled 3? roll offs with garbage. They also had to remove lots of graffiti.... In the beginning, it was an open set. But trespassers would come in and mess with things, even during their filming! So they had to shut it down and have the Sherriff keeping people away. Why can't people get some kind of clue????????? I mean, seriously...

Anyway, it's great someone is going to clean up this area. If you haven't been, I definately recommend it!!
      '04 Rubicon with all the goodies...
      Jeeperman.com
      DiffsOnly.com

Comment

I just came across a post about a civil War weekend that same weekend and looks like it will be packed. may want to go another weekend. All campsites with hookups are taken. just dry camping only.
        moon buggy
        5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

You can count me in!! I'll be there. Sent an email to my club, Victor Valley 4 Wheelers to try to recruit some more :-)

Comment

FAMILY 1st-WHEELING 2nd

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
            You can count me in!! I'll be there. Sent an email to my club, Victor Valley 4 Wheelers to try to recruit some more :-)
            Julie, I have my daughter that weekend (so its out) but if anything changes then ill go.... ya never know....M

"ITS A JEEP THING"
            ______
            [_____]
            (ollllllllo)
            []---o-[]

"WE UNDERSTAND"
            "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

im there, sounds like a good time, and would love to help out.//Kevin

Comment

I am not into camping. Are there motels that are a reasonable distance from there?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stever View Post
                  I am not into camping. Are there motels that are a reasonable distance from there?

Steve
                  Did you really just type that?! lol
                  j/k
                  -Bob
                  '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Not into camping?

You are trying to be funny, arn't you?
                    Dan

Comment

Steve
                      Yes, by the outlet mall. Do you know where that is?
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I'll find it.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                          I'll be there for sure. Still trying to get one of my buds with a 4x4 pick up to come along. I'll camp out there at mule canyon. Sounds like it's really turned into an event.
                          Rat
                          Hey me and my truck may be avalible for use on sunday the 17th
                          The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Please see the roll call for this event at the top of each page. We'd like to see EVERYONE from MJR out there helping support the event and cleaning up to help keep our lands open!

This is going to be a great event with great coverage and an incredible raffle. We'll have a MEET 'N' GREET camp set up most likely Friday - look for our yellow banners! Hope to see you all there!

Comment

uhhh...If you would rather just cruise into staging Saturday morning, your participation would be greatly appreciated.

...and an MJR jeeper that wants a hotel?

Steve
                              "run forest, run!"

Comment

The flyer is in Post #2 so it doesn't get in the way of the thread and/or roll call. http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...51&postcount=2

Comment

Working...
                                X