Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corral Canyon- Bronco Peak and Sidewinder

Well its getting pretty hot to do the desert runs, so I thought I'd try to get a Corral Canyon run together. It is located just outside of San Diego County off of the 8 east. Take the Buckman Springs exit ect ect...It shouldn't be too hot since its up in the mountains. Here is a couple pictures for the people that have never been there before.

33" Tires and rear locker required.

[roll]290[/roll]

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...rral%20Canyon/
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...22-06144-1.jpg
    Last edited by sarah; 06-12-06, 10:10 AM.
    And NEVER call her by her friends name, unless you know how to fake a seizure

i know its a drive for some of you guys. if you wanted to drive down here the night before/stay down here the night after or something im sure we could work out some way to house u guys. bbq the night before or after?

Comment

Like I said before Brice, if i fix this ignition issue and nothing comes up for that weekend, I'm in. if you want I can run tailgunner for you or I can lead, doesnt matter to me either way
      YJ Master
      Writer for Petersen's 4Wheel and Offroad Magazine

Comment

Wish this trip was the 20th of this month, might still join you guys in June though
        :homer:
        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

i would love to set something up earlier, but we will be prerunning that weekend for the Baja 500 (June2-4)

Comment

Too Soon!

Originally posted by Brice
            i would love to set something up earlier, but we will be prerunning that weekend for the Baja 500 (June2-4)
            Brice,
            Try setting something up around mid July. I'm out modifing the bucket o bolts. Your idea of a BBQ is right on. Great place to have on and theres camping also for the long haulers. Theres also the rubi planning now and some other stuff going on.

I'll be doing Baja also not the 500 which reminds me wheres the run for this at?? May poke up pull a seat and watch toss a corona bot at you.

Got a couple of tasty rock trails down in Baja. I'll post a run later...

Post it off a bit lets get a crowd, many of the northern havent done this and it could be fun!
            97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
            WEB site

Comment

here's the 500 course map. http://dirtnewz.com/events-06/baja50...re_map_569.pdf

After leaving the city of Ensenada the race course heads to Ojos Negros where everything changes this year and the race course heads north for a 75-mile loop through the pine forests around Laguna Hansen and a ways beyond. THen through El Rayo for on the east side of hwy 3 50+ miles before hitting the pavement of Hwy 3 and running south to the Mike’s Sky Ranch turnoff. From there, it’s pretty much business as usual (old 500 course), the El Coyote loop and then back to Valle Trinidad and across the peninsula to Hwy 1 and out to Erendira on the cliffs then entering the beach run before heading back into Santo Tomas. Finally, going thru the bumps of Tres Hermanos and back up to Ensenada. Look for us from your lawn chair!

Comment

here's the 500 course map. http://dirtnewz.com/events-06/baja50...re_map_569.pdf

After leaving the city of Ensenada the race course heads to Ojos Negros where everything changes this year and the race course heads north for a 75-mile loop through the pine forests around Laguna Hansen and a ways beyond. THen through El Rayo for on the east side of hwy 3 50+ miles before hitting the pavement of Hwy 3 and running south to the Mike’s Sky Ranch turnoff. From there, it’s pretty much business as usual (old 500 course), the El Coyote loop and then back to Valle Trinidad and across the peninsula to Hwy 1 and out to Erendira on the cliffs then entering the beach run before heading back into Santo Tomas. Finally, going thru the bumps of Tres Hermanos and back up to Ensenada. Look for us from your lawn chair!

ummm need to look into a couple of things. Laguna Hansen would be nice.
                97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                WEB site

Comment

IM IN.....FOR NOW...anything could happen between now and then. is there any good camping around there?
                  87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
                  ~ Dave Howell

Comment

Would love to do Corral and Bronco peak!! What time to you plan on hitting trail?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinofcamelot
                      Would love to do Corral and Bronco peak!! What time to you plan on hitting trail?
                      last time we started at around 10 and with 4 vehicles we were done by 3. As soon as I get a better head count i'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
                        IM IN.....FOR NOW...anything could happen between now and then. is there any good camping around there?
                        nate you might not be able to fit through some sections of the new connector. We had an unlimited run with us last time and he had prolems.

Comment

The diff is i dont care about body damage . Im locked in the rear too....
                          87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
                          ~ Dave Howell

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
                            The diff is i dont care about body damage . Im locked in the rear too....
                            o well in that case...lets go!

Comment

last time we started at around 10 and with 4 vehicles we were done by 3. As soon as I get a better head count i'll let you know.
                              of course you gotta remember, last time we didn't have any breakage.
                              YJ Master
                              Writer for Petersen's 4Wheel and Offroad Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X