Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mighty Oaks from Tiny Acorns Grow! (April 7-9, 2006- Calico IDTT Run)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was pretty stock on 30" tires last year, the jeep was brand new to me. Only had to be strapped a couple of times. Man what fun that was!

Now, how the H*ll do we get the motorhome in there?????

Firewood? If we're lucky it won't be so cold so we wont' need it in the morning
    We'll bring a bundle just for Brian to throw in there The li'l firebug.

Comment

I'll have to say maybe. We're actually in the market for a second jeep for me. It all depends if I have it before then and if not, it depends if Marvin is ready.
      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

most difficult?...

count me in. trail book, photos I've seen, and Jeepgal's post inform me that I can bypass the big obstacle with no worries.

I see there's someone that did this with a stocker last year...?
        Last edited by maddmike; 02-17-06, 12:27 AM. Reason: trail research
        03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

There is a bypass to the entrance to Doran. I anticipate a few people will do it, but most will take the bypass.

Also, Chris and I took the motorhome in there at New Years, no problem

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike
            count me in. trail book, photos I've seen, and Jeepgal's post inform me that I can bypass the big obstacle with no worries.

I see there's someone that did this with a stocker last year...?
            ok, yah, you're right, it should probably be moderate. the conditions there can change depending on rain and erosion, so it's hard to say. my jeep has gone through on 31's with some good spotting.
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
              We're in. BRING FIRE WOOD, we like big campfires.

B&T TJ
              Think I spoke too soon here. It's Spring Break week for us and plans had already been made. F#@**#####Kkkk. Better half said we could go to Calico instead (w/o her of course) while glaring at me out the side of her eye, "no we"ll stick to OUR plans", bitting my lip. Bliss.

But we are going to that the Jeep w/us and there will be some wheeling done so all's not lost. Have a great time and we'll see you soon.

Tom

Comment

Sorry you cant make it Tom
                Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                  ok, yah, you're right, it should probably be moderate. the conditions there can change depending on rain and erosion, so it's hard to say. my jeep has gone through on 31's with some good spotting.
                  I could always try the gatekeeper if you'all want to see some carnage and twisted metal...hah! j/k...
                  03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

I am so in for Gatekeeper, I need to give the Jeep a good shake down after all these mods I will be doing
                    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I will see when this gets a little closer if I can make this. I have not been to the desert with my jeep for a while now- lots of snow and mud. Pencil me in.
                      T
                      456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

Hey Terry, nice to hear from you, it's been a while. Hope you can make it.
                        How's life in God's country??

Originally posted by nagal
                        I am so in for Gatekeeper, I need to give the Jeep a good shake down after all these mods I will be doing
                        I'll be spectating
                        Last edited by cjdirtbiker; 02-18-06, 11:22 PM. Reason: add'l

Comment

I think ill go,...besides I want to see if you all are as hardcore as implied
                          "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by matt2001tj
                            wtf? :confused:
                            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I'm not sure who exactly you are referring to as "hardcore"... but if you'd like to see some fun wheeling in big rocks, come on out to JV for the Tinbender Jamboree. Some of the members here will be leading and/or attending runs.

If you'd like to meet some of the members here and have a fun, laid back time out in the desert, come to Calico.
                              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

The only part that is hardcore is the entrance. The rest can be done stock.
                                1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Working...
                                X