Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mighty Oaks from Tiny Acorns Grow! (April 7-9, 2006- Calico IDTT Run)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelman
    I just talked with a gal up at the Calico Ghost Town (ordering my ticket) and she mentioned that because of the time change, the ghost walk will NOT be at 7:00 p.m., but rather at 8:00 OR 8:30 p.m. (when it's actually dark!). We are to check in at the "photo studio" anytime on Saturday, and they will confirm if it's 8:00 or 8:30 at that time. Looking forward to it!
    Good info, will update the calendar.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• is any one staying in a hotel or a motel? if so where is the closest one. i have a buddy and his dad coming alond so theirs 1 more jeep on the roll call, thanks allot fellas

Justin
      ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
      |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
      ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
      Locked and Ready

Comment

• See if this link works for you. If not click on the map linked from the calendar event and show "hotels" under SmartView™. Can't recommend anything since we always camp.

Comment

• Allright kids, I just talked to the Ghost Walk lady and as of right now, the tour is basically full - if you haven't called yet ... please call NOW to reserve! (760) 254-3340 Operators are standing by, hehe.

Comment

• The Clint Eastwood movie is still filming in that area. Anyone checked if the trails or open? If not, I'll call the local BLM office and the production company to see if they know.
            Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
              The Clint Eastwood movie is still filming in that area. Anyone checked if the trails or open? If not, I'll call the local BLM office and the production company to see if they know.
              That would be very lovely ... thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
                The Clint Eastwood movie is still filming in that area. Anyone checked if the trails or open? If not, I'll call the local BLM office and the production company to see if they know.
                When we went up there last we talkred to the sherrif and they said they should be done filming in Calico by the 1st. HOpefully they are not running late. Good call on checking up. Hopefully it doesnt mess with our plans.

Also, they are not filming right at the gatekeeper, its just on the way there, so if there is another way to the trail head we could take that route. I am not familiar with the trails there so I am not sure if that is even a possibility.
                Supe
                97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJSUPE
                  When we went up there last we talkred to the sherrif and they said they should be done filming in Calico by the 1st. HOpefully they are not running late. Good call on checking up. Hopefully it doesnt mess with our plans.

Also, they are not filming right at the gatekeeper, its just on the way there, so if there is another way to the trail head we could take that route. I am not familiar with the trails there so I am not sure if that is even a possibility.
                  We'd have to come off of Irwin Road, possibly. But they appear to have a large area cordoned off. I'll post what I find out.

Comment

• Hey everyone if the main entrance to doran is closed myself and tonka dave know the back way in to odessa/doran so no problems here we will both be in attendance. I will try to scout out the area on friday to see if it is actually cordoned off. see you there.
                    '06 Unlimited Rubicon

Comment

• How many of you are going to be there friday nite,and what time are you getting there?
                      95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

• I am down for repairs
                        cannot make this one
                        was planning on more than last years cameo apperiance on saturday night like last year.
                        well at least I get a new tool out of the deal
                        You guys have a blast
                        Jim
                        censored for having an opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by scubatch
                          How many of you are going to be there friday nite,and what time are you getting there?
                          I would guess about 10+. Read up for anyone that may have posted times, but I think you may have been the only one that has.

Jim, sorry to hear you can't make it.

Comment

• Sarah, you know sometimes we create these problems for ourselfs
                            the bracket that broke on Cleghorn was a stop gap because of the rear suspension I have, I should have bent a new trackbar last year after me and Chris welded the braketry to hang the system on but thought a custom bracket would work, well I am back to using the Currie bracket and bending a new trackbar that will clear everything. I kinda put this one on myself
                            As a side not, I would have rather lost it close to home at Cleghorn than all the way out past Barstow. I should haveit up running for the adopt a trail workday at the end of the month. If nit I will bring up the wifes FJ Cruiser, just she wont let me bring that down any black diamond trails.
                            censored for having an opinion

Comment

• Person I talked to at BLM was uncertain when movie would wrap up filming, so I'm going to leave a message for the supervisor at the BLM to try and get a clear answer of whether or not they are still there on Sat.

Comment

• I think Kyle and I will be comming out Fri nite with 2 jeeps, maybe Kate. We are going to the campsite but we're staying at the Oak Tree Inn (Yermo) about a mile away. I'm not ready to go thru and pack up all the camping stuff yet, and we are leaving on SAT after the run. Kyle is racing his motorcycle on Sun.

Comment

Working...
                                X