Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mighty Oaks from Tiny Acorns Grow! (April 7-9, 2006- Calico IDTT Run)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt2001tj
    I think ill go,...besides I want to see if you all are as hardcore as implied
    Huh? Not much "hard core" about this run....or this group for that matter. Some of the people here like the more difficult runs (hammers, etc), but that has absolutely nothing to do with a group being "hardcore". Who implied we are "hard core"?
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Be cool... 1st, we're getting off topic a bit. 2nd, I'm not sure... but maybe Matt was jabbing fun and just wants to get out wheeling with us. (and by "us" I mean "you all" because I've not been to ANYTHING yet) As far as I know, the site has never boasted being "hardcore", yet some of the trails taken and damage recieved may imply it. Lets give Matt the benefit of the doubt here and keep moving.

On a more solid note... I'm requesting these days off to go, but it's doubtful as we have a new group of instructors to train... and that's pretty much my sole purpose for existing here.
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Is there any quad or dirt bike trails at Calico? If so I might be able to get Lynda into going on this one. I might be able to squeeze a quad or two on the trailer with my Jeep. Also will be a motorhome trip so hopefully not to tough of road to base camp. I saw Tam and Chris had there MH in there before, but they go places in their jeeps I do not attempt.

Hey CJdirt,
        You are bringing your MH right? It will be great to see everyone again, hope it works out for me.
        T
        456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

Originally posted by tjTerry
          Is there any quad or dirt bike trails at Calico? If so I might be able to get Lynda into going on this one. I might be able to squeeze a quad or two on the trailer with my Jeep. Also will be a motorhome trip so hopefully not to tough of road to base camp. I saw Tam and Chris had there MH in there before, but they go places in their jeeps I do not attempt.

Hey CJdirt,
          You are bringing your MH right? It will be great to see everyone again, hope it works out for me.
          T
          First off...The OHV next to Calico is ALL for Quads and dirtbikes. We drove through it last year while towing Chris' sorry ass out the long way. We had NO idea what was back there...its a HUGE area of dirt hills and trails.

Secondly, we had the motorhome back to the place we camped before. It was no problem. Nice and flat roads and places to park.

Hope to see you and Lynda there. You need to bring one of your dogs for Zoe to play with

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Gonna REALLY try to make this one...even gonna sign the attendance thingamajig (for inspiration to really make my going work!!!)!
            -Bob
            '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

would like to meet you guy/gals out there will talk to the wife.
              an 05 unlimited with 2.5" lift on 30's going to make the trail?

Comment

Originally posted by twisties
                would like to meet you guy/gals out there will talk to the wife.
                an 05 unlimited with 2.5" lift on 30's going to make the trail?
                no problemo

I think its a good trail to get you used to your Jeep in A few ledges, a few *safe* offcamber situations (no where to roll to), and alot of rocks

Youll do fine. I went through on 31s and no lift, no lockers.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Tam
                Last edited by JeepGal; 02-23-06, 12:28 AM.
                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

i was their last year stock, im going back ready to run lower duran!! so pumped for this event!
                  ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                  |¯¯¯L--D|||||D 33"
                  ()_)¯()_) ¯¯ )_) Armor
                  Locked and Ready

Comment

Brian, I was out there last year at the Toy Jam in jv with a bunch of my friends from vegas valley four wheelers and total karnage of las vegas. Had a great time and I may or my not be going this year. Oh and the "hardcore" thing,....hardcore on the trail .....MATT
                    PS> chris ...relax
                    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Matt was jabbing fun and just wants to get out wheeling with us. some of the trails taken and damage recieved may imply it. Lets give Matt the benefit of the doubt here.

There we go, Im looking forward to FUN on the trail not chaos on the net.
                      "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

I'm a maybe. Transfer case crapped out AGAIN.
                        Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Originally posted by tjTerry

Hey CJdirt,
                          T
                          Terry,
                          Yes, we are planning to come out with the whole fam. We've stayed at the county camp ground just down the hill from the ghost town, but not out the road to the camping area this group uses up there. I have some reservations (reads: concerns) about getting in there with the motorhome, it's a pretty rough road. If Tam say's it's do-able, then we're in.

There are extensive roads and trails throughout the area for greensticker bikes and quads. I rode the area before I had a jeep, it's really cool up there. Mostly it's dirt roads, Mule Canyon road, Tin Can Alley, etc. In fact, both Doran and Odessa canyon trails can be done on a bike or quad, for advance riders anyway. The first time I rode them I thought to myself, how the h*ll do these jeeps get through here????

Anyway, it's a great place to explore, very scenic, and a lot of history. We've got some guide books on the area, sites to see, mines, artifacts, etc. And there's good areas for target shooting if you're into that kind of thing. Sunday would be a good day for some target shooting.

So come down for the weekend. We'll be going out Friday night if we can get away. Wifey is starting a new job, we'll see how it goes. Hope to see you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
                            I'm a maybe. Transfer case crapped out AGAIN.
                            Oh no!! Hope you can come! I hope to be there also with my own Jeep!! I should be getting one in about 5 weeks or less.
                            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

I'm penciling this in. Pen will come later.

On a side note for all those who are interested in the Ghost walk

BRING WARM CLOTHES!!! It can get VERY nipply with the wind and the general desert night weather combination............... for those that will be drinking to whatever "that" ends up being..... J.D. works wonders! :cocktail:
                              Bryan
                              2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
                              front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
                              Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

Originally posted by Kaffa
                                for those that will be drinking to whatever "that" ends up being..... J.D. works wonders!

I am kind of fond of Marker's Mark now, thanks blkTJ
                                Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
                                X