Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPORT: 2nd Annual "Ill drink to that" Reunion and Run Calico

Had a blast! Thanks for all who helped get me unstuck! Email me with your address if you'd like a CD of the photos I took.
    Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Hey all.
    Teresa and I had a good time.
    Thanks for allowing us to run with you, even though we had a stock TJ.
    We went further then we figured, with some help in spoting.
    Here is a link to some of the pictures that we took. If you can not download them, pm me, and we will send a disk.
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v305/N...epster/Calico/

We are going to be in Barstow for Memorial day to do some gold mining with my parents. I think that is the same weekend as the high desert roundup? We may take a little run down that way to say hi to everyone.

Hope to see you all again sometime.

Thanks

Navy-Jeepster
    :smile:
    Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
    Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Originally posted by Navy-Jeepster
      We are going to be in Barstow for Memorial day to do some gold mining with my parents. I think that is the same weekend as the high desert roundup? We may take a little run down that way to say hi to everyone.

Hope to see you all again sometime.

Thanks

Navy-Jeepster
      :smile:

Yes, that's when the Hi Desert Roundup is. In fact, I will be there with my husband and probably just Sean. I got home today at 2:48pm and got stuck in traffic after 5 mins on the freeway. A Toyota got on fire!!! I was sitting there for about 25 mins! Had fun meeting some of you and wheeling again with the others!!!
      And thanks again to Todd and Erik for helping unload the cooler; Chris, Rick, Dave and others for great spotting; Blktj for (most of) his tire placement that I watched from when I was behind you; Todd for your help with the swaybar; and others who helped in other ways. And it was the best Reunion "Evah" (to quote Sarah)!!
      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Ya thanks you to everone for this great run. The people that helped me with my tire and all the spotting. You were the most experienced group of people i have ran with before. i took my jeep to limitations i whould never expect i could go before. Thanks allot

Myjeeprocks ROCKS!!!

Justin
        ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
        |¯¯¯L--D|||||D 33"
        ()_)¯()_) ¯¯ )_) Armor
        Locked and Ready

Comment

thank you everyone who came out. what a fun time.

It was great meeting the new (to me) folks as well as wheeling with all you other a-holes again.

goodtimes. :yay:
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

"Best run evah" is a total understatement. We had a wonderful time! I think the final count was 24 Jeeps and a Tracker that rocked!, and the final Ghost Walk count was about 35.

For everyone that didn't make it, you missed about 3 hours of Doran entrance and body damage, *minus blktj* haha, and many more of Chris tossing rocks into the trail so I could get some technique practice. We stopped for lunch at the mines and it was h-o-t. Sunday morning Dukes & nailer tackled the entrance and we have some great photos of that too. There were of course so many good times to share, and me being completly beat, I will have to let the others fill in the thread with their favorite moments ...

On a sidenote: I would like to point out that whenever stopping/parking, please find a place to pull completely off of the trail. It's easy to overlook the little things when we have such a big group, but practice makes perfect (and keeps the trail moving)

We all need to thank Tammy (JeepGal) for the Ghost Walk idea and making that happen! It was an interesting tour and definitely worth the price. We will have to add that in to our regularly scheduled program

I set up a Calico photo gallery - MJR subscribers can upload their photos there and it should organize them by forum username. I'll get to our photos up tomorrow.

Again, thank you to everyone for coming out, for your great attitudes, for being patient, for trusting your spotters, etc, etc, etc, *insert all good stuff here* and of course for supporting MJR. We couldn't do it wihthout you guys! Looking forward to the next run ...

:gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I so much wanted to make this run but I could'nt get out of the house due to the kids and us trying to get situated in our new house. Once again I miss a big trip and meeting you guys but I'll come around to it. Sounds like you guys had an ultimate blast, I'm jelous. See ya on the trail.
              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Here are a few......

Last edited by Sully; 05-02-05, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Doran Canyon

Met a lot of nice folks on Sat. Great run. This site does rock.
                  George

Comment

Here is a small vid of George on doran.

http://planetminis.com/modules/galle...1/MVC_436W.mpg

Comment

Tds

George you rock! Great to see you again! Glad you made the run on such short notice. I have some great video of you on the entrance to Doran. Sweet run!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by TDS SD
                        Met a lot of nice folks on Sat. Great run. This site does rock.
                        George
                        welcome to MJR george. it was great to have you as well as all of the others join us on a nice run.
                        my pics are uploading. i'll post a few and link the rest.
                        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

So does anyone have some good pics or videos of Kirk's ZJ crunching its front fender?

He stopped by the house Sunday on his way home, said he had a good time.
                          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

http://pierviews.com/photogallery/ca...o%205%2005.htm
                            ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                              So does anyone have some good pics or videos of Kirk's ZJ crunching its front fender?

He stopped by the house Sunday on his way home, said he had a good time.

ERIK

Comment

Working...
                              X