Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will be there saturday only. Oh yea brian4.2 is coming too.
    Last edited by Sully; 04-26-05, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• I can be there between 6pm and 7pm Friday night.
      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

• In case anyones still wondering...

The potluck is out of the question. We got too big to make this work. So its bring your own. I know that there will be several stoves and/or grills if you dont have something to cook on.

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepGal
          People are arriving all day till late at night...and YES we will get in a night run

Tam
          How late? I'm up for a night run; I get home (Barstow) from school anywhere from 8:30 to 10:30 on Fridays, 'cause traffic SUCKS.

I'll keep on eye out for jeeps as I come up the 15 on Friday. Wave if you see a red TJ with the windows out. :shout:
          Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

• Looks like Saturday Morning for me-
            Kirk
            1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

• Itll be good to see you again Kirk!

Comment

• Friday night for me................... hopefully I'll be able to find the camp without a CB> :-(
                Bryan
                2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
                front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
                Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

• I wish I could make it out there for this. I can't, so you guys get plenty of pics for us trail deprived jeepers and be safe Hopefully by this time next year, I'll be able to make it cause I'll be livin out there some where

Oh yeah, have lots of FUN!!
                  04 Rubicon
                  4.5" RE Super Flex
                  1" BL
                  CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
                  Currie Anti-rock swaybar
                  35" el cheapos
                  Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

• Trailhead camp spot and "peggy sues"

Okay, we're coming up either Friday night or Saturday mornng.
                    I have read thru the thread and see that the group is camping out at the "trailhead". Not sure where that is. Is that out where Doran branches off the main dirt road out east of the Calico ghost town? Or are you actually somewhere near the town itself?

Saturday morning 8am meeting at "Peggy Sue's", don't know what that is or where it is. Is that one of the attractions in the ghost town?

If the "trailhead" campsite is where I think it is, I don't think I want to try to drive a luxury motorcoach in there. I've been thru there with jeep and on bikes. The road is pretty rough for a hiway machine, no? Is anyone camping in the Calico campground, the county run formal campground with bathrooms and all that? We stayed there early this year in the RV. Nice park but limited in spaces. I don't imagine the group could squeeze in there.

Thanks for the clarification.

Oh, and I have everthing on the safety list except the CB isn't installed yet. I have to wait for my trail rack which is due next week. Can we tag along and watch the group at the trail head and then head up to the top via the road and watch everyone come out? Where does the run go from there? Going back down Odessa? Or do I have them backwards?

Looking forward to meeting some new jeepers.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
                      Okay, we're coming up either Friday night or Saturday mornng.
                      I have read thru the thread and see that the group is camping out at the "trailhead". Not sure where that is. Is that out where Doran branches off the main dirt road out east of the Calico ghost town? Or are you actually somewhere near the town itself?

Saturday morning 8am meeting at "Peggy Sue's", don't know what that is or where it is. Is that one of the attractions in the ghost town?
                      Peggy Sues is at the offramp to Calico, you really cant miss it.

If the "trailhead" campsite is where I think it is, I don't think I want to try to drive a luxury motorcoach in there. I've been thru there with jeep and on bikes. The road is pretty rough for a hiway machine, no? Is anyone camping in the Calico campground, the county run formal campground with bathrooms and all that? We stayed there early this year in the RV. Nice park but limited in spaces. I don't imagine the group could squeeze in there.
                      Ive seen nice motorhomes out there...but I dont know how they felt about it. Ask TJTerry...I think he took his out there once. Youre welcome to stay at Calico Campground too

Oh, and I have everthing on the safety list except the CB isn't installed yet. I have to wait for my trail rack which is due next week. Can we tag along and watch the group at the trail head and then head up to the top via the road and watch everyone come out? Where does the run go from there? Going back down Odessa? Or do I have them backwards?

Looking forward to meeting some new jeepers.
                      yes and kinda yes. Doran loops around and comes out Odessa, but youd be hard pressed to "watch" us com out there. Maybe if youre not driving it, you can ride along with someone

Tam

Tam

Comment

• Gas

Never been out to Calico or even near that area. Is there any place close by to fill up?
                        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

• right where you get off of the freeway to calico ghost town, there is a gas station. you'll also see peggy sues 50's diner, which is the usual meeting place.
                          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• I have never been there either. What is the name of that exit?

Shayna :star:
                            My Jeep made me do it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorty1
                              I have never been there either. What is the name of that exit?

Shayna :star:

It is Ghost town Road.
                              1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                              Glad to be back in California!

Comment

• right where you get off of the freeway to calico ghost town, there is a gas station. you'll also see peggy sues 50's diner, which is the usual meeting place
                                Thanks, erik
                                Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
                                X