Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's going

Here is a list I was able to put together from the thread of who all is going:

jim79cj7
    PaulW
    king4wd2
    cjdirtbiker
    nagal

maybes:

igofshn
    skates04
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Hdr

I will be getting there about 7AM on Sat morning. Just enough time to go through the safety check and get my T-shirt. Plan on doing Achey-Breaky. I'm not sure if I will be camping. Other then bumping into those going on the same run is there a particular spot the MJR group camps?

Comment

Originally posted by nagal

jim79cj7
        PaulW
        king4wd2
        cjdirtbiker
        nagal
        nailer341
        maybes:

igofshn
        skates04
        you can put me on that list
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by TDS SD
          I will be getting there about 7AM on Sat morning. Just enough time to go through the safety check and get my T-shirt. Plan on doing Achey-Breaky. I'm not sure if I will be camping. Other then bumping into those going on the same run is there a particular spot the MJR group camps?
          no spot in particular...
          you should be able to see the MJR signs from the dirt road pointing to the camp.
          i presume it will be just a bit off of the beaten path.
          ERIK

Comment

for anyone not going to HDR, I will be organizing a funfilled event moving furnishings and vehicles from Studio City to Stevenson Ranch. You could get to drive my Jeep, a brand new Mazda3 or just have a lot of fun stacking things in and removing said things from a UHaul truck.
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
              I'm dropping out.
              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Sorry Erik did not mean to leave you out.
                Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                  for anyone not going to HDR, I will be organizing a funfilled event moving furnishings and vehicles from Studio City to Stevenson Ranch. You could get to drive my Jeep, a brand new Mazda3 or just have a lot of fun stacking things in and removing said things from a UHaul truck.
                  HHMMMMMMM......the opportunity to go wheeling in the So. Cal. desert or moving your furniture! I wish that I could say that I'm even remotely leaning towards helping you, but I'm not!
                  I don't envy your task, especially over a holiday weekend!
                  4:1 ratio racing

Comment

Chris and I will be there Brian. Dont forget the lemonade!

No HDR for us this year.

Tam
                    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                      Chris and I will be there Brian. Dont forget the lemonade!

No HDR for us this year.

Tam
                      thanks guys.

sorry for the mini :hijack:
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                        thanks guys.

sorry for the mini :hijack:
                        in the unlikely event i dont do HDR, i'll help out as well. dont count on me though.
                        ERIK

Comment

in the unlikely event i dont do HDR, i'll help out as well. dont count on me though.
                          Poor Brian, has to move on a holiday weekend. Sorry Brian!

Erik, I just signed up today so I hope you can make it. We won't be able to come 'till Saturday morning as wifey gets home from Atlanta Friday night. Bring Jasmine!! She and Nick can chum around. I hear there's lots to do for the kids.

I'll have to drag them all out bed to get going early. We'll be ready for some trails. We're anticipating a group camp with MJR folks, so we'll watch for signs.

I see Ray is a big part of organizing HDR again. I met him when he frequented WAYWEGOS. He was on the maintenance run I did with that group and Greg Hoffman up on John Bull last year.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing some of you again.

Laters....

Comment

Originally posted by PaulW
                            You are amazing! My now ex-wife wouldn't even look at a Jeep much less go wheeling while she was pregnant!

P.S. It's the ability to escape from the dirt, dust and wind. Also the pool plays a big part in my decision-I can throw my son in at the end of the day!
                            The doc said as long as I took precautions go!! So everywhere I turned I had a cushion!!

Oh pool!!! Nearby us is a cafe called the Slash X, some of you might use that as a meeting place. The camp is nearby the Cafe.

Originally posted by nagal

jim79cj7
                            PaulW
                            king4wd2
                            cjdirtbiker
                            nagal
                            nailer341
                            maybees:

igofshn
                            skates04

Don't forget to count the hubby in King4wd
                            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

You all have fun. I quit going to HDR after the last two times in a row that I went it stayed above 100 degrees the whole weekend, including the nights. Bring lots (and I mean LOTS) of water.

That said, me and a buddy did Stoddard in early April, and it was good. Pumkin Eater is a REAL BIATCH this year. It disintegrated my front Detroit, and none of the well built, locked front and rear, 35" Krawler minimum tire running rigs made it without a winch on any of the waterfalls. It could be very different by now, but plan on a long, hot day.

Also, BFG MT's do not cut it at HDR. The rocks out there are sharper than anything you've ever seen. They eat BFG MT's for breakfast. Bring at least 2 spares if you have them, and lots of plugs. It's so bad that one of the trails that IE4W hosts is called "TA Tearer", although everyone assumes it's "terror". That said, have fun! Go prepared. My two worst breaks ever were at Stoddard.

The HDR registration area and campsite is pretty good. There's lots of flat ground for tents and campers. The road coming in from 247 is kind of rough, but an RV can make it if you're not too particular about the beating the suspension will take. The last time I flat towed in with the Bronco, I had to put it in 4WD to get up the last hill. There is a way to come in from Hodge Road, but the last time I tried it I got lost, so I can't give really good info on that.

Weather Channels says you may luck out this weekend, and daytime highs will only be in the mid 90's. I wouldn't count on it, though.

Have fun all!
                              '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Last Call for HDR

I just talked to Erik and he's just 50-50 on whether he'll make it or not. He was bringing the signs.

also, of those that said they were going I know there are at least a couple that have canceled.

I don't plan to get there 'till early Sat. I'll watch for paper plates, or a sign
                                or whatever. If I don't see any signs I'll put a few paper plates out with MJR. From what I can tell there are only a handfull that are going.

Maybe we can all monitor CB Ch 7, okay?

For any of you that want to camp together feel free to call my cell:
                                714-403-4929. We can arrange a meetup or caravan up if you want.

Weather forecast is for a little cooler temps, low to mid 90's in the day, 60's at night, WINDY tomorrow afternoon.

See ya'll!

Comment

Working...
                                X