Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by assyrianplyr127
    im sorry for that last post, about the HDR event, i read on the website that only certian vehicals that sign up by a certian date can go on certian runs, is this true? Thanks

Justin
    To some degree, more so for the double black diamond trails like Pumpkin Eater. But I'm sure the MJR folks will have their own runs, although as you know they might be a tad large.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Ok, I think everyone is "even" here now. I will clean up this thread if someone doesn't beat me to it.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Well, seeing how the previous "issue" has been settled; is there anybody other than myself that is planning on paying and attending this event?
        I was going to head out early Saturday morning and try to sign up for the Pumkin Eater trail run.
        Anybody want to meet up and wheel?

For the record:I am a Cal4Wheel member and think that these are good events and support the efforts that they make.
        4:1 ratio racing

Comment

Please keep this thread about HDR. People should be able to read this thread and find information about HDR, who is going, when, where they are camping, etc.

There is no need for a pissing contest in the middle of a informative thread. Please take the pissing contest somewhere else, it makes this thread annoying for everyone else to read while they are looking for legit. information about HDR. Thank you.
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Hope to see you all on the trail . I Plan on being there , as far as waiting on the trails in large groups , well , lets just say I have met some of the coolest people that way .

JIM :{>

Comment

Seems like I am going to be there also. Probably drive up Sat and leave Sun.

Should we have a MJR gathering Sat maybe do a night run?
              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                Seems like I am going to be there also. Probably drive up Sat and leave Sun.

Should we have a MJR gathering Sat maybe do a night run?
                A night run might nt be a bad idea! I think that my son & I are planning on staying at the Motel 6 in town. (I hate sleeping on the ground!)

Comment

Originally posted by PaulW
                  son & I are planning on staying at the Motel 6 in town. (I hate sleeping on the ground!)

That's what air mattresses are for! j/k We drove back and forth from Hesperia our first year there and getting up early to make lunch and drinks wasn't fun and then driving up. Exhausting, plus I was pregnant with Sean at the time. So the next year we camped and did much better and I wasn't pregnant!

King4wd, myself and Sean will be there.
                  1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                  Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                    That's what air mattresses are for! j/k We drove back and forth from Hesperia our first year there and getting up early to make lunch and drinks wasn't fun and then driving up. Exhausting, plus I was pregnant with Sean at the time. So the next year we camped and did much better and I wasn't pregnant!

King4wd, myself and Sean will be there.
                    You are amazing! My now ex-wife wouldn't even look at a Jeep much less go wheeling while she was pregnant!

P.S. It's the ability to escape from the dirt, dust and wind. Also the pool plays a big part in my decision-I can throw my son in at the end of the day!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulW
                      I was going to head out early Saturday morning and try to sign up for the Pumkin Eater trail run.
                      Anybody want to meet up and wheel?.
                      We'll be heading up Friday. At this point it looks like we'll be doing Devil's loop with a couple friends. Probably the early run. However, we'd love to see you around the camp. And don't forget to try some of the games. The Wet Lap can be a real hoot!
                      As far as night runs go- I'm leary of wheeling at night since we only have OEM lighting. And my eyesight sucks at night (nearsighted with astigmatism).
                      It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                      and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

It'd be good to meet up with folks from MJR. Where is a good place to meet? I'd imagine that they are having the usual Saturday night dinner? I'll be buying a few raffle tickets and actually hanging around long enough to attend the drawing.

Comment

I have never been to <insert location of HDR>, so I cant suggest anything about meeting places. I'll wear a MJR t-shirt so you can spot me that way
                          Last edited by nagal; 05-11-05, 04:24 PM. Reason: HDR is not calico, thanks sarah :D
                          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                            I have never been to calico, so I cant suggest anything about meeting places. I'll wear a MJR t-shirt so you can spot me that way
                            Calico? The HDR doesn't really go over in that direction. HDR is off HWY. 247 or Barstow Road in the opposite direction. Same neighborhood, differant direction. It's easy to find.HDR map

Some Added info:
                            High Desert Roundup (HDR) 2005 is 1 month away. Taking place in Stoddard Valley - 10 miles south of Barstow, California - this event will take place over four fun-filled days. Combining day and night trail runs from mild to body damage, fun activities for the children (as well as adults), a great steak dinner served by Chef Andy, and also the chance to get away with your 4WD club, HDR will provide something for
                            everyone.
                            This year there will be eight trail runs offered; Shaner's Surprise, Achy Breaky, Blue Moon, Devil's Loop, Pumpkin Eater, The Empire Strikes Back, Jesse's Southern Lights, and Doran/Odessa - Mule Canyon Run. Shaner's Surprise will take place on Friday night
                            (5/27) hosted by Chuck Shaner and the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers. No details about this run will be leaked except that all vehicle types are allowed, and that you will travel through a moonlit desert canyon to a scenic lookout. This run leaves Friday night at 8:15
                            p.m.
                            On Saturday morning (5/28), Achy Breaky will do exactly what it is called. This trail contains terrain worthy of its name. Required gear includes a suspension lift, and at least one locking differential. Most of the obstacles contain bypasses, so you'll get a chance to opt-out if the obstacles are too much for your rig or driving experience. There will be several steep hill climbs and a nice series of rock gardens where broken drivetrain and body panels will be a possibility. Trail Bosses Jay Behr and Joe Torres will leave for Achy Breaky at 8:30 a.m. sharp.

Comment

Yeah sarah already pointed out my mistake but you were quicker to post than I could to edit
                              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Wow, after reading thru most of this thread..... :doh

Anyway, I was going to sign up for the event, guess I shoud do that today???

I would really rather camp with some folks from here than be out there and not know anyone. Yeah, we'd probably meet some new folks, but you all know how that is. Are there any from the group that are planning to meet up? I couldn't get that from the thread.

Are the runs by lottery or are they already all filled up? Or is there a mad dash every morning at the event?

Is there an organized run or runs with this group?

Gee, we could go over and run Doran and Odessa again???? Got my 35's and lockers now!!

Since we can't make the Moab trip I guess we'll find a local jeeping substitute. If anyone is organizing let me know.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X