Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pics! Are the trails pretty messed up from the storms?

JL
    Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
      Nice pics! Are the trails pretty messed up from the storms?

JL
      It didn't appear so unlike other areas (Big Bear, Last Chance Canyon, etc...)
      88 XJ Wagoneer/06 Frontier NISMO KC
      "Got Groceries ?"

Comment

Hi Desert

Decided to register. Will be doing the same as I did at Calico. Drive up early on Sat. wheel all day and leave for home in the evening.
        A little hard on the body but can't be gone too many days from home because of wifes medical condition.
        Will probably do Achey-Breacky.
        George

Comment

Is it possible for a unregistered person to just show up, buy a T-shirt, and wheel all weekend, ala TDS ?? I'm just not one to go on organized runs. I would rather do as I please wih folks that know the trails in the area, and just stay out of the way of the organized groups. I hate sitting with 20 rigs on a trail, and not really moving at a decent pace. I'm not knocking the organized runs in any way/shape/ form, just not my cup of tea.

Comment

I suppose it would be technically possible- but I would not recommend it. The trails are rather specific in Stoddard Valley. Its not a wide-open free-for-all area like Truckhaven. Plus, remember that this event raises money for the legal battles to help keep land open for us, so in pirating the runs you are shorting that legal fund.
            I would still recommend coming out for it though. The trail runs are well administered, with vehicle limits on the really rough runs to help keep things moving. And the games on Sunday are lots of fun.
            It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
            and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Toddh. This event as King said is a fund raiser for CAL4WDC to fight the land closures. It is Public Land and a pretty wide open area so if you don't want to support the event there are plenty of Trails out there to play on. I guess you would of had a miserable time on the Calico run with the MJR group as it took all day to do appox. 12 miles of trail.
              George

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd
                Plus, remember that this event raises money for the legal battles to help keep land open for us, so in pirating the runs you are shorting that legal fund.

I said I would buy a t-shirt, thus, I'm donating some money. Nobody in church would call me a "Pirate" if I show up to pray and give a little less than the guy next to me .....right????

Consider this....gas is $2.45 a gal, and Barstow is a 300 mile round trip. I would need gas for motorhome and Jeep=$150...+food, so let's say about $175 just for me to get up there and fed+another $65 to register. $240 is alot of money in my world for a weekend of wheelin'.

Comment

Originally posted by TDS SD
                  Toddh.
                  This event as King said is a fund raiser for CAL4WDC to fight the land closures.

I guess you would of had a miserable time on the Calico run with the MJR group as it took all day to do appox. 12 miles of trail.
                  George

Who said I haven't donated to groups like CAL4WD & Blueribbon in the past ?? Please don't question to whom/how I donate money...

At the Hammers, I was in a group of 5 rigs that took 8hrs to go a mile up Wreckingball. I'll wait if I have to.
                  Last edited by ToddH; 05-09-05, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Todd you took my post way out of context. Sorry if I offended you. Have a nice day.
                    George

Comment

Lets not get into a discussion about donating money.
                      IMHO, that is like discussing politics and religion?
                      Everyone has their own opinion and will not change.
                      Many wars are started over both issues.

So, lets get this thread back on topic of who is going to High Desert Roundup.

We will not be going, but we will be in the local area.
                      We may stop by to say hi to the group.

We are going gold mining to the north of Barstow.

So, hope that everyone has fun.
                      Looking forward to the pictures that get posted.

Navy-Jeepster
                      Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                      Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Originally posted by ToddH
                        Is it possible for a unregistered person to just show up, buy a T-shirt, and wheel all weekend, ala TDS ?? I'm just not one to go on organized runs. I would rather do as I please wih folks that know the trails in the area, and just stay out of the way of the organized groups. I hate sitting with 20 rigs on a trail, and not really moving at a decent pace. I'm not knocking the organized runs in any way/shape/ form, just not my cup of tea.
                        You'd be better off going another time.

Please see the calendar event for specifics as they are added.
                        Last edited by sarah; 05-08-05, 01:49 PM. Reason: calendar event
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Yes it is possible but just because you register doesn't mean you have to do any of the runs. You can wander around wherever you want since it is a OHV area. I can understand your concern about a large group. Cal 4 Wheel does put on a good event thanks to all the individuals and clubs that participate and help to make it possible. I am glad to be allowed the opportunity to help out in some small way. They have a series of family fun events on Saturday/Sunday for everyone.
                          88 XJ Wagoneer/06 Frontier NISMO KC
                          "Got Groceries ?"

Comment

Its funny beacuse sarah is so nice about it saying he should go on another run, when avnative the next post just owns the guy, is just perfect for the situation.

Hey toddh
                            ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                            |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
                            ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
                            Locked and Ready

Comment

Where did I whine??

The truth is, you are adding fuel to the fire by posting your 2cents. I was gonna let it go, but it seems you and the other guy CAN'T let it go(see bottom page 2). Just had to post your OPINION when it wasn't required. Send me a PM if you have a disagreement with my post.

And regarding Sarah's post and her advice....why do you feel the need to butt in and coment?? Make you feel like a big man ??
                              take it easy! you have been giving your :2: ever since you got here.
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

im sorry for that last post, about the HDR event, i read on the website that only certian vehicals that sign up by a certian date can go on certian runs, is this true? Thanks

Justin
                                ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                                |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
                                ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
                                Locked and Ready

Comment

Working...
                                X