Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    That sounds good to me too. Let me know where to meet you.
    Probably meet Fred at his house, will let you know

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Probably meet Fred at his house, will let you know
      I think that I am going to leave earlier. I expect to have to stop for a conference call in the morning, so I will try to get a head start.
      Look for me if you see any broken down Jeeps along the way! :wink:
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Who ever thought about this and didn't make it ya missed out like bandits.
        Curtis got us hooked up with a gentleman from the Parker 4x4 club that loves wheeling and for 2 days showed us a ton of extra credit stuff, was a ball. Jeeps dropped like flies and we created a Franken Jeep while we where add it. Amanzingly it did very well today in that form. All I can say Arizona wheelin rocks. Tight twisty canyons and tons of steep waterfalls for those wonderful pucker and Oh shit moments

Anyway, here are some of the makings of Franken Jeep kept us entertained for a few hours

Then we got around to fixing Fred's compressor it ended up with a hole in one of the pistons

Mike patching his Jeep back together.

We thought the Hammers was tough lol, actually the AZ stuff isn't as bad, but was plenty rough on some of our Jeeps. It sure was fun though, especially when somebody shows ya all the fun spots

Here are the pics I took

http://public.fotki.com/aw12345/parker-az/parker-az/

Since I was busy cruising my put put through the very narrow canyons and did some spotting I missed a lot of the action, Cliff has some very entertaining video clips
        Last edited by aw12345; 03-24-13, 12:09 AM.

Comment

What happen to the white YJ?

Comment

Sergio tried to get up a steep waterfall, front came up to much, he froze, didn't stick it in neutral or reverse fast enough and it went on it's lid. Other than his hurt pride he was ok and a very good sport about it. The cage held up very well, but from the force of the roll it smacked and smashed the hood and the grille shoved the fenders down. So after some winching hilifting and hammering we got the front back up hi enough to get the radiator back where it needed to be, so the pitman arm wouldn't cut the lower radiator hose anymore and he could wheel again all day Saturday.
            This is what we were doing for a good part of all 3 days

Last edited by aw12345; 03-24-13, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I'm sorry about Sergio's carnage. His Jeep still runs, and the rest will buff right out! How was the Desert Bar?
              If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
              KI6MLU

Comment

Desert bar is a pretty cool collection of stuff. Kinda hard to describe what it really is.
                Well worth the visit. Curtis thanks again for, A: posting this and B: hooking us up with New Mexico Dave, this lil trip wouldn't have been nearly as much fun without him

Comment

Had a great time with a group of great people. I can't wait to go back. I think Parker has some of the best wheeling around.
                  This is one of the rigs Dave was driving. Brett got to ride in this all day after he broke his jeep.

Only got a couple of pictures, having too much fun.

IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I got a fair amount of video of the first day will start editing that in a minute.
                    Snickerdoodle has got all the cool stuff on his laptop. Did Skeeter run home with you guys?

Comment

• I left before sunrise. But I think it was going to be Cliff, Mike And Brett Coming home together. But no phone calls, so all is good.
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by curtis View Post
                        I left before sunrise. But I think it was going to be Cliff, Mike And Brett Coming home together. But no phone calls, so all is good.
                        That's good

Comment

• Skeeter is almost home.

Comment

• Originally posted by curtis View Post
                            Skeeter is almost home.
                            So what did Skeeter break?

Comment

• His fancy transfercase setup took a dump. Starts locking up in low range

Comment

• Lots of fun wheeling with a great group. Thanks Curtis for putting this trip together and getting Dave to guide us.
                                Last edited by flatout; 03-24-13, 05:18 PM.
                                You can make it

Comment

Working...
                                X