This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear Aug 6-10

I will be going to Big Bear with my 2 sons from Friday August 6th - Tuesday Morning August 10th Crab Flats Camp Ground Site #1

Anyone is welcome. It will be a mellow time no rush to do anything. One or 2 trails a day, swimming, hiking, goofing around all the other time that we're not eating or drinking.
    Sean M Higgins

"We all got it coming kid"

Is it possible noone wants to go to Big Bear that weekend?

I promise I will shower before I go, and use personal hygiene products while there.

Chuck, Matthew wants to know if your mom still gives you wood?
    Sean M Higgins

Comment

I could very well end up being there the weekend of the 6th. The group i usually wheel with is planning a trip that weekend and last i heard they are tossing around going to either Big Bear or Los Coyotes.

Our group ranges from 5-12 vehicles, and i'm out of their loop right now because i'm attending a school in Coronado while the rest of them are at work planning all of this. Basically i'll get a call saying this is where they are going and this is when they are meeting.

If we end up at Big Bear i'll let you know these guys probably already have a campsite reserved so i'll let you know where we'll all be at.

Our trips are pretty kickback. Most bring their families, i know my wife and 2 boys will be going with me.
      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
      AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
      15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
      33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
      FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
      Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
      RE Hand Throttle
      Optima Red Top
      K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Originally posted by HIGLET

Chuck, Matthew wants to know if your mom still gives you wood?
        only if i ask

sicko

i'll try to make it up for a day run... can't camp unfortunately i've been "volunteered" to go pick up a dog on the morning of the 8th.

if i can get some wood from my mom, i'd be glad to give it to you

ATTN those of you with your minds in the gutter: we're referring to firewood. well, i am anyway... i hope Sean is too...

Comment

wHAT DO YOU GUYS PLAN ON RUNNING ON sAT?? sorry about the caps!
          Supe
          97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
          Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

I think I can make it. I would stay away from bringing fire wood you will only have to take it home again.

Scott

PS Sean make sure Crab flats is open that is the cut off line every thing twards arrow head from there is closed.
            A little TJ with a few mods
            real-jeeps.com

Comment

I will be able to make it up on Sunday for a day run. Can we do JB and Holcomb creek?

Jason
              The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Hill

PS Sean make sure Crab flats is open that is the cut off line every thing twards arrow head from there is closed.

I camped there 2 weeks ago and not only was it open we could have a fire.
                Sean M Higgins

Comment

Originally posted by loop choke
                  I will be able to make it up on Sunday for a day run. Can we do JB and Holcomb creek?

Jason

We can try. A lot depends on how fast the trails are, and how quick we get going in the morning.
                  Sean M Higgins

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
                    wHAT DO YOU GUYS PLAN ON RUNNING ON sAT?? sorry about the caps!
                    Beats me. How about Lower Larga and Holcomb? They are a loop pretty near camp. :thumbs_up
                    Sean M Higgins

Comment

If i can find a the right computer for my rig this week I will try and head up for one of the day runs. Consider running Pontiac sluice.
                      ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
                      00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                      97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

I am glad to hear about the camp site. I can bring some fire wood to let me know what you need brought to the camp sience I am close.

Scott
                        A little TJ with a few mods
                        real-jeeps.com

Comment

Originally posted by HIGLET
                          Beats me. How about Lower Larga and Holcomb? They are a loop pretty near camp. :thumbs_up

Whats Lower Larga? What is its rating. I am thinking of going up just for the day.
                          Supe
                          97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                          Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Lower Larga Flats is rated "most difficult" by SBNF, but really only has one, maybe two (been awile) spots....both are easier than what you will find on Holcomb Creek.
                            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I may stop up this weekend. one question, anybody gonna have spare hubs and shafts for the D30 w/warn(5x4.5) conversion? I haven't gotten around to getting any yet. :confused:
                              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                              X