Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Skeeter what fancy stuff ya buy for bottom less Jeep. Would be cool to take you through some of the Hammer stuff.
    Curtis did you notice Freddy's fancy removable door bars?

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
      That sounds good, start with the easier trails and get more difficult as the trip progresses? Count me in
      Hammer easy isn't the same as Big bear or Cougar Buttes hard just to keep that in mind.
      Other than that lets have a blast, going to have to a fairly small group though, or break it up in 2 groups.

Comment

If the date works, I'd like to join you guys for some fun.
        "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          Hammer easy isn't the same as Big bear or Cougar Buttes hard just to keep that in mind.
          Other than that lets have a blast, going to have to a fairly small group though, or break it up in 2 groups.
          I'm pretty comfortable at Big Bear and Cougar Buttes, I know the Hammers are alot more difficult, but I'm willing to give it a go
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

This was more or less addressed to other willing participants. It's a good thing to kinda know what you are getting yourself into.
            Are thinking about a winch on the front of your Jeep yet Daniel? Those things come in handy there.
            Just looked you are all set there. 35's a good set of chromemolly axles, front and rear, 2 lockers and a working winch would probably be a good idea for anybody that wants to have at it.
            Anybody wants to chime in and add to that, have at it. After yesterday's fun I want to add an engine skid to the list. A hole in the oil pan really ruins a good day in a hurry.
            Last edited by aw12345; 10-21-12, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I've got a Warn M8000 on the front with synthetic line, and d-rings front and rear. That was one of the first things I did to the jeep, was plop a winch on it. I've only needed to use it a few times to get myself unstuck, but I'm glad I have it, it's come in handy a few times for sure!
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Yesterday Fred and I decided to finally give Full of Hate a go, wasn't as bad as we thought it would be.
                Some parts have a somewhat easier choice or a full on buggy break stuff choice. We opted for the easier stuff and bypassed the squeeze thing. Fred had a bit of trouble at the start, bend the engine skid which pushed the sheetmetal between the engine and trans into his ring gear. After some judicious work with a prybar we were good to go.
                Other than a load of fun the run wasn't terribly eventfull, just some nice big rocks and some cool waterfalls.

From there we headed to Outerlimits which was a barrel of fun for the most part.
                Now the end of that trail has turned into a royal pain in the butt.
                Fred had a heck of a time getting through the last part but after some serious jockeying around we got him through the bypass.
                Took me a whole lot longer, finally made it after the hood ended up worse for wear, got as close to flopping as I will ever care to get.
                Had all four wheels of the ground stuck as can be, with both axles wedged. We finally got er back on all fours and through it but took some serious work. So all in all a fun filled and eventful day.
                Will start uploading some squeaky video a bit later

Comment

If stuff like this makes you cry or gives ya a heart attack then it would be better if you stayed home just saying, shit happens

Last edited by aw12345; 10-21-12, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Dunno if anybody cares to watch these, but I plan to upload all of them so it pretty much documents typical day at the Hammers.
                    Probably take all day to upload all of em.
                    Here is the first start of Clawhammer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOl1s...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIQdB...ature=youtu.be

Then on to Full of Hate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lm5b...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G-om...ature=youtu.be

Putting through the desert from the exit of Wrecking ball to the Start of Outerlimits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06vMi...ature=youtu.be

First part of Outerlimits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bcD...ature=youtu.be

Next one is a long one
                    With me stuck twice and the last one was a doosey has my near flop on there also, doesn't look all that bad on video because all the funny angles of the rocks. But it was right at it's limit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-77m...ature=youtu.be

This one is very long and the latter part after the dent in the hood is boring as heck
                    Last edited by aw12345; 10-22-12, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the videos. About 8 minutes into the first one (GOPR0092) the terrain starts to look interesting.

Funny, you can hear every creak and squeak, but barely hear the motor. Both Fred's rig and yours seem to be working very well.
                      holes = cowbell

Comment

The thing is that Gopro picks up funny sounds and doesn't others. Seems like it picks up sounds with a higher pitch.
                        To our ears the suspensions don't make anywhere near that noise. For most of the crawling we are just above idle.
                        More vids coming up, just slow going got about 6 or 7 more to go. Both Jeeps work very well, other than that mine lacks grunt

Comment

I knew it had to be the camera audio. That much squeaking all day would have to drive you nuts. In contrast, the audio on my old camera seems to emphasis the sound of the motor. I actually like the effect.

Someone who didn't know better might think you preferred 4-bangers.

I saw an underwater GoPro video. I'm gonna have to git me one of those.
                          holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                            I knew it had to be the camera audio. That much squeaking all day would have to drive you nuts. In contrast, the audio on my old camera seems to emphasis the sound of the motor. I actually like the effect.

Someone who didn't know better might think you preferred 4-bangers.

I saw an underwater GoPro video. I'm gonna have to git me one of those.
                            It's pretty darn cool to watch your exploits on the big screen TV fer sure.

Comment

The GoPro picks up sounds transmitted through the frame. Pretty loud. But cool vids to watch.
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                                If stuff like this makes you cry or gives ya a heart attack then it would be better if you stayed home just saying, shit happens

I had to look really hard Art. I'm so used to seeing dented sheet metal on your rig that it didn't jump right out at me So the exit of Outer Limits is worse than ever huh? No surprise there. Love OL.
                                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X