Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: We did a bit of Hammering today, have been dying for the Hammer season to start

Had another great day at the Hammers today!

Ran with Fred and Mark today- Also met guys from Colorado, Nevada, Oregon and washington!

Ran Resolution, Choco Thunder, Wrecking Ball to Bender Alley, down Jack North, up Sledgehammer, Upper Sledge and Upper upper Sledge and back to camp!!!

Got some good video going up Chocolate thunder, will upload later tonight

Upper upper Sledgehammer was a bit rough on my pretty little Jeep broke a control arm bolt. Still putted it back to camp though, will get er all fixed up again tomorrow.
    Love my Sticky Foourties, it does pretty darn well with them.

Last edited by aw12345; 10-18-12, 08:25 PM.

Some nice pictures. Looks like you guys had a fun day.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Had a good time yesterday banging on the rocks and all the changes worked well. Upper upper Sledge was like walking on pile of ball bearings rocks moving everywhere.
      You can make it

Comment

Upper upper sledge is about the toughest thing I have taken my toy through to date, but man is this stuff fun.

Climbing Chocy thunder http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR2UC...ature=youtu.be

Freddy looking at the sky

Last edited by aw12345; 10-17-12, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Carnage from yesterday

This ouchie probably had something to do with it. Ought to stop bulldozing trails. Lil 4 banger sometimes thinks it's a Cat D4

This is also a good example why it pays to protect your steering ram
          Last edited by aw12345; 10-29-12, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Nice video!

Comment

Thanks.It was way more fun in person though

Comment

Dam! U guys hauled some a$$...
                That's a lot of runs for one day...!
                I was on Sledge last month with VV4W putting back up the memorial plaque and it's a tuff one..
                But SO much fun..
                WOKNROX!
                WOKNROX!
                Let's go wheelin!

Comment

Sledge isn't bad depending on what you use to run it. On 35" tires it's a pretty good challenge.
                  For the 3 of us it didn't take much more than 20 minutes and that included some goofing around.
                  It still is one of my favorite fun trails though

Comment

Yea it's probably a good thing I didn't make it yesterday. I would probably still be there.
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Yeah....I second the 40s....I need some bigger tires man!
                      WOKNROX!
                      Let's go wheelin!

Comment

Nah would have made for a different choice of trails.
                        We might get around to doing a run for a few of the brave individuals on 35's that are willing to brave body damage, busted axle shafts and what not, Claw Sledge, jack and sunbonnet would be fun for a group of 4-6 other Jeepers

Comment

Well up to now I did everything on 37.5" tires without to many problems, like the fourties better though. These things are like sticky krawlers they do just that for the most part, just stick to rocks and crawl. Still have a soft spot for Pitbulls those things take a ton of abuse without being much worse for wear

Comment

Yeah...I hearz u ...my big plan is to run the 35s till after Moab ...then I'll look for something bigger like 37-39 & switch the box out for something beeper from Atlas and maybe an auto trans...I'm still on the fence about that one...
                            WOKNROX!
                            Let's go wheelin!

Comment

Auto is nice, still my little 4 banger with an Atlas behind it gets most of this stuff done. I stall it more cranking the steering hard then crawling lol

Comment

Working...
                              X