Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May need a strap up the step on Yellow Jacket....but I don't plan on going through Yellow Jacket (all the way). I'll be posting up for a clean up crew before I run it. Too much overgrowth right now. Need to get out there with some peeps and hack down some branches and leaves. Also, the trail changes every year..that video was done 4 years ago..I'm sure it's not too different, but things change a little.

Like I said though, hop in one of our Jeeps and see the trail first before you drive it. Make your decision from there. You're good to go for Trails 118/119
    Jeep Girl

Comment

The Boss and I must beg off on this one.

Reason for the change of plans is that I went to Goler Gulch without her then showed her the pics. Since she has been there, done Miller, I I was informed that I NEED to chauffer her through the Gulch located in Red Rock Canyon. So again, it is my fault. Still trying to figure that out but in the end, like a good whipped husband, will just accept it and move on.

Was really looking forward to putting some faces to board names too.

Comment

Roger that! Maybe next time!
        Jeep Girl

Comment

Drive shaft & front yoke comes in friday, might be executing in 2 wd if I can't get the front yoke replaced on the new case. The only thing I can see holding me up at this point in the Vehicle speed sensor, didn't realize with a remanufactored t case it wouldn't be there. That is the only thing that will keep the jeep in the garage this memorial day weekend!

oh, and I have that pesky corner/side armor sitting in the garage I need to install... details
          Last edited by Taphorn; 05-22-12, 10:40 AM. Reason: forgot about armor
          "A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools" -Thucydides

Comment

Yikes! Well, there's always open seats if you can't wheel yours..
            Jeep Girl

Comment

New diff cover is installed. Giving it some cure time before I fill it. Currently watching idol, so the skids will wait till tomorrow! LOL!!!

HOOYAH!!!
              Dan

Comment

Wanna go so bad gotta work and train though. . Dan get alot of pictures of you getting gnarly. . Lorie did you have to replace your ring and pinion?

Comment

Too bad you can't make this one Sent you a PM..
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                    Miller isn't too tough, but I understand...you could always ride with one of us and check it out..we're going to run 118/119 too. Beautiful trails and you'll be fine on your rig..

So come!! Or suffer the :whip: LOL
                    I appreciate the invite but I doubt I can go; I will not know if I’m working on Saturday until tomorrow and I’m pretty sure I have a BBQ to attend in Santa Barbara at 4pm on Saturday. I’m such the social butterfly…

Comment

Lorie,

Where is you "Special Place"? I like the Dutchman Campground at the top of Alamo Mountain. http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5300274.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Randog View Post
                        Lorie,

Where is you "Special Place"? I like the Dutchman Campground at the top of Alamo Mountain. http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5300274.jpg

Tisk Tisk..excuses excuses... I don't really care for "civilized' camping. Dutchman's and anywhere else many other people camp and/or come through after trail riding, is civilized. The place I like isn't on the map.. and it isn't civilized...but it's there...waiting...calling me ...
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Sorry lorie its too far for my heap but I know you'll tear it up out there for me
                          Forest service engine crew Arborist Adopt a trail member rock climbing

Comment

Originally posted by wicked xj View Post
                            Sorry lorie its too far for my heap but I know you'll tear it up out there for me
                            Umm, welll...Yea !! :whip:

Next time buddy!
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

WEATHER YOU ASK??

Holy B-Jesus!! We're going to FREEZE friday night!

There's wood all around us, but we'll have to fetch it if we don't bring it...and we're going to need it!!! A lot!!! I HATE being cold. This run will be worth it though. But dang if we're not going to freeze our asses off!! God Bless!!! Can ya tell I hate being cold??

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...7&lon=-119.018

And our camping location is closer to 8,000 feet.
                              Jeep Girl

Comment

News flash alert...weather prediction for Friday and Saturday night 65 degrees...

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                                WEATHER YOU ASK??

Holy B-Jesus!! [COLOR="red"]We're going to FREEZE friday night[/COLOR]!

There's wood all around us, but we'll have to fetch it if we don't bring it...and we're going to need it!!! A lot!!! I HATE being cold. This run will be worth it though. But dang if we're not going to freeze our asses off!! God Bless!!! Can ya tell I hate being cold??

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...7&lon=-119.018

And our camping location is closer to 8,000 feet.
                                Lorie--"we're" may be two too many...but I'll bring some big wood :fire::fire::fire: to burn, that should help us keep warmer.

Comment

Working...
                                X