Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: MiLlEr JeEp TrAiL RuN **May 25-27th

Hi All!! This is a special run because we're going to be camped at my special place. Nothing but big tall gorgeous trees surrounding us Everywhere!

Date: Friday May 25-27
    Camp location: Top of the mountain

It's Miller time!!!

[COLOR="red"]***3 options on meeting places***[/COLOR]

Option 1-
    Friday-Meet me at the Flying J off Interstate 5 at 4:30pm. From there, I'll take us to camp.

Option 2-
    Friday- meet me at the ranger station off Lockwood Valley Road. From there, I'll take you to camp. ****Depending on how many people want this option, and we get a little closer, I'll decide on a time.***

Option 3-
    Meet me at the trail head of Lockwood/Miller on Saturday morning at 10am.

I realize this isn't the easiest way to go, but it's worth it. You own a Jeep, put your Adventure hat on!! Right?

[COLOR="red"]Direction Details:[/COLOR]
    This trail is southwest of Fraizer Park, west of Hungry Valley. There's a Flying J right off the Interstate 5 North at Fraizer Park. The address is 42810 Frazier Mountain Rd, Lebec, CA 93243. Get gas there if you need it. From there, it's around 7 miles to Lake-of-the-Woods. Turn left on Lockood Valley Road. Go a few miles keeping your eyes open for the Ranger sign. You'll make a left when you see it.

I know Nothing about coords; but if you're meeting us at the trailhead, the GPS Waypoint Coordinates are:

Latitude North: 34 44 07.3
    Longitude West: 119 02 16.4

Make sense to you? (I really need to get a GPS)

[COLOR="red"]Run Details:[/COLOR]
    Friday -may or may not be a night run ..undecided; depending on what time we may or may not have to meet people at the ranger station Friday night. ** Depending on how many rigs, it takes some time to go through Lockwood and Miller. When finished with the trail, we are at the top of the mountain. We then need to come down which puts us into Hungry Valley Park. (Approx 45 minutes) From there, to get back to camp, it's another 45 minutes or so. So until I know more on who's coming and when, Friday night isn't set yet.

Saturday
    Be at the trailhead by 10am. Run Lockwood/Miller. I'm so excited!! Can ya tell ! At the end of the trail, we need to come back down the mountain. It spits us into Hungry Valley. Thought we could play around in there...hit up the practice area, jump on Pronghorn, Quails Pass, Vics cat and Sterling Trails. From there, head back to camp.

Sunday
    It's Gorgeous where we're camped. Trails 118/119 are right there. How about a run down and back up !

[COLOR="red"]Difficulty[/COLOR]
    Miller is rated Black Diamond. I've seen stock rigs go through no problem. On a scale of 1-10, I'd rate it maybe a 6. There are a few rocky areas, steep climbs and tight turns. There's also some flat trail riding.

Ok, so who wants to wheel? [COLOR="red"]PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU ARE FOR SURE COMING AND WHICH OPTION YOU PLAN ON USING TO MEET ME.[/COLOR] If you're planning on option #2 at the Ranger station Friday evening, post a time.

1. Lorie- I H8RDS *** Friday * Flying J at 4:30pm
    2. Bernie and Vanessa *** Friday * Flying J
    3. Parker- Maverick243 and passenger friend *** Saturday
    4. Quantumracer- Dan*** Friday* Flying J***Cancelled
    5. OC Jeeper *** Saturday
    6. Dak & The Boss *** -------Cancelled
    7. Saharasean*** Saturday
    8. BrandonT & Girlfriend ***Saturday
    9. Dan-Taphorn *** Saturday
    10. JP ***Friday
    11. Lorenzo-4XSMURF ***Friday
    12. Just-A-TJ***Saturday
    13. Brian***Friday

WEATHER YOU ASK??

Holy B-Jesus!! We're going to FREEZE friday night!

There's wood all around us, but we'll have to fetch it if we don't bring it...and we're going to need it!!! A lot!!! I HATE being cold. This run will be worth it though. But dang if we're not going to freeze our asses off!! God Bless!!! Can ya tell I hate being cold??

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...7&lon=-119.018

And our camping location is closer to 8,000 feet.
    Last edited by I H8RDS; 05-25-12, 12:39 PM.
    Jeep Girl

Well. My girlfriend's in town that weekend. I'm trying to convince her of a day run on Saturday, but we'll see. I don't think she's down with the wheeling thing wasn't a big fan of Cleghorn.

Comment

I'll have to take a raincheck on seeing your special place. Work. Sucks. Have a Great Run.

Comment

Originally posted by SkylarM View Post
        Well. My girlfriend's in town that weekend. I'm trying to convince her of a day run on Saturday, but we'll see. I don't think she's down with the wheeling thing wasn't a big fan of Cleghorn.
        :whip: her into shape Sky! And what's this? You have a G/F who doesn't like wheeling, when all you do is live and sleep it??

Originally posted by RadarRob2010 View Post
        I'll have to take a raincheck on seeing your special place. Work. Sucks. Have a Great Run.
        Raincheck it is then
        Jeep Girl

Comment

Do you have an address for that flying J? I have NO idea where any of this is.

HOOYAH!!!
          Dan

Comment

Here ya go LEROY :whip: LOL

42810 Frazier Mountain Rd, Lebec, CA 93243
            661-248-2600
            Jeep Girl

Comment

SWEEET! And I got the whip! Double bonus!!!

HOOYAH!!!
              Leroy

Comment

I have to post as a maybe with Option 1. I'm hitting big bear this weekend then back to calico next weekend. Funds! If I can swing it I am there!!! Will update as we get closer.

Comment

Dan you sound like you're ordering a combo at McDonalds LOL

LMK as we get closer if you'll have the cash..and BTW, option #1 is the BEST!
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

hahahahaha!!! Nice; I'll have a gold mountain combo, add a side of odessa and smother it all in wall street! hahahahahahaha

I will hit you up next week when I get it figured out. Yea, option 1 ROCKS!!!

HOOYAH!!!
                    Dan

Comment

Ooh hell yes we'll be there!

We can't miss out on Lorie's secret camping place in the woods. I just hope I can get the RV more level that we did in HV. We'll be at the Flying J before you Lorie, just chilling, laying back waiting for you. I'm sure we could find something to do while we wait, who doesn't like a good game of PokHer if not that fun hold'em game.

I'll try to be there before rush traffic starts, around 3:00.

See you there...:gun:

Comment

You are hilarious!! I don't want to know what kind of games you two were playing before I got there! :censor:

It's going to be awesome!
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Oh, that's the flying J at the bottom of the pass on the north side. That place has really built up over the past few years! There's another flying J at the top of the mountain....I've broken down there a couple of times....stupid oil pump gear! can I safely get the tow vehicle to camp?

See you next Friday at 4:30!

HOOYAH!!!
                          Dan

Comment

Yep..Bernie will be towing as well. No problem.
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

Awesome, thanks! Now I need to check out yellow jacket. What are you getting me into woman?

HOOYAH!!!
                              Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X