Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is list of those going, If I missed you, sorry about that just copy and past your name in a new reply. If you want to PM me I can put together a list of names and cell phone numbers so we can contact each other on Friday for those camping. I will not post the numbers I will PM the list back after I get them.

DirtBall89
    Taphorn
    Suicdeking [COLOR="red"]"Rick"[/COLOR]
    Tom (super CJ) [COLOR="red"]"Tom"
    [/COLOR]Randog [COLOR="red"](Randy)[/COLOR]
    Wicked XJ
    DanPartsman
    Last edited by Randog; 05-30-12, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Ok, cool. I'll PM you my number. I'm doing a day run on Saturday.

Maybe also set a CB channel. Though there will probably be a lot of CB traffic with 250+ wheelers. I can't wait, I've never been to a huge wheeling event like this!

Comment

Are we supose to get somthing in mail about the run?

Comment

Originally posted by suicideking View Post
          Ok, cool. I'll PM you my number. I'm doing a day run on Saturday.

Maybe also set a CB channel. Though there will probably be a lot of CB traffic with 250+ wheelers. I can't wait, I've never been to a huge wheeling event like this!
          I went to the site, http://ie4w.com/ and got this list for the Devil Hole run on Saterday which I think most of us are signed up for. It looks like we are on channel 26 for the run.

Trail Leader: Ken Ehlers
          Mid Gunner: Ron LaBusch
          Tail Gunner: Ben Hoskins
          CB Channel: 26
          Departs: 8:00 AM

01. Charlie Rowlett
          02. Rob Rutledge
          03. Steve Brebes
          04. Michael Baskette
          05. John Fox
          06. Frank Gasper
          07. Nick Gasper
          08. Lance Waldrop
          09. Tom Armstrong
          10. Bruce Allison
          11. Bob Dodge
          12. Bob Keller
          13. Jeff Innes
          14. Rick Kossoris
          15. Randy Cooper
          16. Gregory Pasqua
          17. Joe Kiser
          18. Philip Arciero
          19. Jay Roberts
          20. Brandon Stellar
          21. Lou Szakai
          22. Don Stellar - Redlands Auto

Alt 1 - Rod Olney Sr

Comment

Originally posted by Randog View Post
            I know right? Who's bringing a motor home? We should try to camp together.
            I emailed about saving camping spots and Mike (the organizer) said that since it's just a big parking lot they can accomidate people camping together, so my guess is it will not be overly full. I will try to find and save 3 or 4 spots along the edge somewhere. Do we have a firm count on who is going with motorhomes? And I should be there around 4:00 - 5:00 Friday - is anyone else planning to get there before me?

Comment

Ill be there around noon friday tent camping
              Forest service engine crew Arborist Adopt a trail member rock climbing

Comment

I'll be up there Friday, I can't remember what trails I'm running but can't decide if I want to camp or not. The draw of a shower in the morning is pretty enticing. Either way I'm sure I'll be enjoying some drinks and laughs with everyone

Edit:
                Fri-John bull
                Sat-white mountain
                Sun-dishpan springs
                Last edited by Taphorn; 06-02-12, 08:00 PM. Reason: Looked up trail assignments
                "A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools" -Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by toycrawler5481
                  What time is ie4w hitting the trails? I really want to run gold mtn and John bull, can anyone show me a great place to park my trailer super close to the head of gold mtn or where would be a great place to be in the middle of it all possibly a campground my tow rig and trailer can easily make it to , ive checked out the gps cordinates on this site and they are great but for some reason(user error) i just get all confused with all the trails interweaving and what not, so I would appreciate a veteran of these trails to give me best spot to start and end haha! It's truly appreciated, my buggy is off highway registered only so the less street driving the better, I hope to see ya out there, I'll be there Saturday, I may just camp out the night before, thanks ahead of time for the info
                  Hey there - Forest Fest is a big event - 250 Jeeps - and it requires registration in advance. As of this morning John Bull had a couple of spots open Saturday and Gold mountain a few spots for Sunday . . . just about everything else is full. It's about $60 to register and for $24 you get camping at Snow Valley ski resport. I'm not sure how off highway vehicles get to the trails because I think they all require road driving, and the same vehicle requirements for Cal4wd events are in force here . . . and I believe they require liability insurance too. So I'm unsure about non-street legal vehicles - but if you wrote to the coordinatoors (email is on their site) they are really nice and write back quickly. I hope that helps a little. Here is their site http://www.forestfest.comze.com/

Comment

I appreciate the reply, it is helpful, my thought is that it's public land so they cant stop me from being up there,(I've done this with other events)so I plan is to run behind any groups going, I don't care to pay(can't afford) so as long as I don't get in there way I'm sure I will be fine, with my rig I'm sureI won't be slowing anyone down, but anyways Its possible to park my tow rig on a camp ground and take all ohv roads I'm sure, I just did it like 2 weekends go with another group, the only thing is there was a trail leader who knew the trials well, I just need someone to break down an easy A to Z on which roads I need to take so I don't run in circles and end up on the back side of BB haha! So if anyone doesn't mind helping that would be great, I'll also ask my friend who lead last time, thanks again

Comment

Talk to a buddy of mine and he said the ranger stations have really detailed maps on on the trails, so I'll just buy one the morning of and cross my fingers haha! See y'all up there

Comment

Originally posted by toycrawler5481 View Post
                        I appreciate the reply, it is helpful, my thought is that it's public land so they cant stop me from being up there,(I've done this with other events)so I plan is to run behind any groups going, I don't care to pay(can't afford) so as long as I don't get in there way I'm sure I will be fine, with my rig I'm sureI won't be slowing anyone down, but anyways Its possible to park my tow rig on a camp ground and take all ohv roads I'm sure, I just did it like 2 weekends go with another group, the only thing is there was a trail leader who knew the trials well, I just need someone to break down an easy A to Z on which roads I need to take so I don't run in circles and end up on the back side of BB haha! So if anyone doesn't mind helping that would be great, I'll also ask my friend who lead last time, thanks again
                        Do you have a GPS in your rig? I don't really know the area all that well, but there's a site you can download all of the GPS coordinates for most of the trails in Big Bear.

Comment

Anybody can run any trail during the forest fest without registering, it is public land and they cannot deny you access.
                          Now if you would want to sit in traffic worse than the 405 fwy near LAX that is up to you. You want to enjoy the wheeling during forest fest go do some night runs that's when most of the traffic on the trails is gone. Personally I have no desire to be caught behind 30 or so people that have never ran one of those trails, makes for a very long day. Unless you feel like watching the activities bring a chair something for shade and cold beverages and I am sure the entrance to JB or some other places will be plenty entertaining. I know I have had a good time watching people break their stuff at JB watched them for an hour running into rocks and breaking their crap, Some people just don't get it

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                            Unless you feel like watching the activities bring a chair something for shade and cold beverages and I am sure the entrance to JB or some other places will be plenty entertaining. I know I have had a good time watching people break their stuff at JB watched them for an hour running into rocks and breaking their crap, Some people just don't get it
                            That might be a good hang out when I'm done with the trail I'm doing and have time to kill before dinner! I know a lot of people skip all the other trails in Big Bear and go straight for JB because it's the most difficult. I haven't been wheeling for long, but have learned that even though their rig might be able to handle it, the driver has to be able to handle it too.

In Big Bear, I've only done Holcomb and am doing Gold mtn next week and Devil's Hole for forest fest. I've had people tell me I should do JB with them. I figure if I struggled on Holcomb (though didn't have a front locker at the time) then JB can wait until I can breeze through Holcomb and some of the other medium difficulty trails. I'm in no hurry to break stuff.

Comment

The reality of running some of these trails with 25 jeeps in tow just hit me. It's gonna be a long fri/sat/sun
                              "A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools" -Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by Taphorn View Post
                                The reality of running some of these trails with 25 jeeps in tow just hit me. It's gonna be a long fri/sat/sun
                                Ahhhh - it's not all that bad - just bring a chair, get to know your neighbors in the Jeeps in front and behind and enjoy the beautiful Big Bear scenery. Hey it could be worse - the 91 at 6:30 in the morning or the 405 at 5:00 after work!

Comment

Working...
                                X