Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Hi Desert Round-Up - May 25-28, 2012

Thoughts?

We have attended this event the last 4 years and have really enjoyed it. It would be a great shame for this event to go away...
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

The attendance has been dwindling for years now. I remember my first time at HDR back in '02 cresting the last hill before the main camp and was in awe at all the campers. Not so many now. I thought with the change last year to JV would help bring back the numbers. New trails to run and a different area. I hope cancelling the event is not quite set in stone. But with money tight for everyone.

Comment

CA4WD website has a flyer for it?

http://cal4wheel.com/events/hi-desert-round-up
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

HDR is back on. They originally did not have a chairman but some people have stepped up to make it happen.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Updated date and thread title. We'll try to come out!
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I had a great time last year. Iwould like to go again this year. Sure is a long drive for me though...
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
              updated date and thread title. We'll try to come out!
              "like"
              Regards,
              Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Originally posted by mybrokenjeep View Post
                "like"
                Thanks I know we have been totally lame lately but I'm dying to get out camping.
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

We are *thinking* about coming out and tent camping
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Please come out and play with us!!!!

Tamara, we camped in a tent last year. It was a wild ride, but we survived.

Roger, Please, please, please come out and lead a run again, please, please, please

Sarah, ya gotta come, we'll have some fun

Everyone else, y'all come too! We *hope* the area will draw more folks this year.

The 41st Annual Hi Desert Round Up Presented by the South District

The 41st. Hi Desert Round Up will be held on Memorial Day Weekend, May 25-27, 2012, at Anderson Dry Lake in the Johnson Valley OHV area.

HDR 2012 will be a recognition of it's humble beginnings with a good times and fun and games. There will be the usual trail rides, adult and kids games and the raffle. And perhaps there will be some of the old games coming back.

As it was 40 plus years ago, the Hi Desert Round Up was a gathering of groups of 4 wheel drive enthusiasts that just wanted to get out to the desert and enjoy themselves. Some just wanted to sit around and enjoy the camaraderie of their friends and fellow 4 wheelers, some wanted to explore the surrounding land either in a group or by themselves and some even challenged each other to test their vehicle and their driving skill in what became the games at the modern day round up. There was no pressure to do anything but to show up and have a good time.

Those interested in the terrain and the history of the Johnson Valley OHV Area and specifically the west side trails around Anderson Dry Lake, can go out and enjoy the area. They can sit around the campfire and tell stories, or have potlucks, or go off to inspect the various mines, drive the trails in the hills and canyons, Bull Frog, Bob Cat, U Joint Canyon, Cake Walk, Fry Mountain or the Hammer trails play games, Wet Lap, Teeter Totter or just camp and have a casual weekend of family 4 wheeling. They can have fun! Hi Desert Round Up has something for everyone.

Your South District officers, urge you to get out and enjoy your public lands and they hope that you will do it with them and their friends on May 25, 26 & 27, 2012, Memorial Day weekend in Johnson Valley at Anderson Dry Lake. Anderson Dry Lake is located on Camp Rock Road, about 10 miles north of Highway 247. Camp Rock Road is 5 miles east of the town of Lucerne Valley. Look for the CA4WDC signs.

There won't be a chuck wagon this year, so bring your own grub. The nearest stores and restaurants are in Lucerne Valley, 15 miles away.

And so, that is what this years Hi Desert Round Up is all about. Come out, enjoy the desert, mix and mingle with old friends and fellow four wheelers, meet some new folks, but most of all enjoy our public lands.

Y'all come and bring the kids!

For information contact:
                    Terry Work at tpwork@yahoo.com
                    Helen Baker at helenwheels422@aol.com
                    Linda Wucherpfennig at v11guzzigal@hotmail.com
                    Jesse May at jemay.xj@gamil.com

Registration for Hi Desert Round Up will be available on line at www.cal4wheel.com/events/

###
                    Last edited by JeepGal; 03-16-12, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Okay guys- if you want to discuss the goings on with CA4W - I moved all of your posts (and undeleted them) here Hopefully something good will come of it.

Lets keep this thread about High Desert Round Up itself I dont want to bring the event down by the background chatter that is happening.

And word of fair warning, If this thread gets derailed, I will delete it entirely.

Thanks for the consideration.

Tam

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                        Okay guys- if you want to discuss the goings on with CA4W - I moved all of your posts (and undeleted them) here Hopefully something good will come of it.

Lets keep this thread about High Desert Round Up itself I dont want to bring the event down by the background chatter that is happening.

And word of fair warning, If this thread gets derailed, I will delete it entirely.

Thanks for the consideration.

Tam
                        Thank you
                        Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                          Thank you
                          Youre Welcome

Comment

I have pre-registered for this event and would love to camp with some MJR wheelers. As the date nears, please post where you'll be camping. Thanks!
                            I spend most of my money on four-wheeling, the rest I just waste.

Comment

Bringing this back up as it is less than 2 weeks away. I'm still going. I will probably arrive sometime early Friday afternoon. I have no idea where I'll camp this year. My HDR camp buddies for the last few years are not making it this year . Enjoy the family visit. I think I'll park my truck closer to the base camp on the south side of the main road. Anyone else going?

Comment

Working...
                              X