Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alright, I disconnected the rear swaybar and shocks, put the body on jack stands, popped out the passenger spring (quite easy!) and raised the axle up until it hit the bumpstop. Well, it was just barely touching the fender, ever after a few more pumps on the jack to try and compress the bumpstops a bit. I'm not sure how I was rubbing so much, maybe on the trail the vehicles momentum compresses the bumpstops alot?

In either case, I'm going to cut down the bumpstops that were used to hold the spare tire on the tail gate, and cut them down to about 3/4", and screw them into the bottom bumpstops, one on each side of the axle. That should probably take care of it for this trip.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• When one wheel is at full bump and the other is all the way down (full droop) the tire would go a bit higher and further back. Seems like your idea will take care of it for the time being

Comment

• Your theory is good. But with the full weight on the axles. Things may change a bit. I'd leave them at 1" to be sure. You can always cut them shorter. You can't cut them longer. My $.02.
        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• I've got them at 1" right now, just finished. And I did cut/hammer abit on the the metal rectangular shape that sticks out, it just looks like it's asking for trouble! But I left the outside fender sheetmetal fenderwell alone, see how it goes with the 1" stops. And if the 1" stops take care of everything, then I'll eventually put something a bit more permanent in there, and maybe trim the fender well sheet metal if needed.
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

• Weather.com is forcasting partly cloudy 20 percent chance of showers for Sat. Might bring an umbrella anyways.

Comment

• ugh, sorry for the side tangent on this forum thread. Can't wait to see yall this saturday for some good wheeling!

Here's some photos of my jeeps clearance checking. now that I have the 1" bumpstop and a bit of grinding and pounding done, we'll see how it goes this weekend!

Comment

• Looks like you are ready for fun

Comment

• Family emergency, I cannot make it Saturday. Two of us will come up Sunday am; will swing by the camping area approx 9:00 am to see if any of you are still in the area.
                  Cliff

Comment

• the meeting point and time has not changed, correct? Still Camp rock rd. and Hwy 247 at 9:00am?

Comment

• Hi guys and gals, my name is Alan and I will be flat towing my rig up there Sat. am...

Where would I leave my pickup for the day while we are out, at Chicken Rock camping area?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyIron View Post
                        Where would I leave my pickup for the day while we are out, at Chicken Rock camping area?
                        That's usually were everyone leaves their tow vehicles.
                        Check out .

Comment

• We will be meeting at the corner of Camp Rock & 247. Leaving real close to 9:00am.
                          From there we'll be airing down @ Chicken rock.
                          The weather is showing possible sower in the A.M. 20 percent.

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                            the meeting point and time has not changed, correct? Still Camp rock rd. and Hwy 247 at 9:00am?
                            I hope it hasn't changed. Thats where I'll be by 9am tomorrow. Although they said they want to leave there at 9. So get there a bit sooner. If they're, not there, I know where the trails are.

BTW Daniel, bring a tape measure. My TJ has a 4" lift on 35's, with no rubbing. Feel free to measure anything you like.

I'm jones'n so bad to get on the trail. I prob wont sleep tonight. Brett (vwtipeII), myself, and a friend, will see everyone in the morn.
                            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• Well I'll meet at least you there, haha! :-D I'll try to be there 15-20 earlier, I never know how long it really takes to get out of LA.

Comment

• Swapped tires and stuck the Jeep on the trailer, if it doesn't pour when I get up around 6 AM I'll head out for some put put trail fun

Comment

Working...
                                X