Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger, do you still plan to meet folks in Lucerne Vly. for the Friday run?
    IF Barbara doesn't have to work, we plan to be there for Fri.
    Cheers,
    LG
    Last edited by Lumpy Grits; 10-26-11, 04:25 PM.
    Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Count me in. My rigs been out of commission for several months; just got it back. This will be a good chance to break in the new tires.

Not sure if I'll come out Sat AM for the day, or Fri night in the RV for the weekend. If I come out Fri night, where will the group be camped? I've been up Camp Rock Road a few times, have seen many camping spots.

Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
        Roger, do you still plan to meet folks in Lucerne Vly. for the Friday run?
        IF Barbara doesn't have to work, we plan to be there for Fri.
        Cheers,
        LG
        Hey Gary, It would be great if you can come out Saturday. Its been years since we've been on a trail together.
        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

If the weather holds, and Barbara doesn't have to work we'll be there for Friday's run.
          A GREAT place to eat in Lucerne Vly is Letty's, BTW.....Some of the best Mex. food made!
          HEY ROGER.........What's the word??
          Cheers,
          LG

Comment

We will still be meeting at the Valero Station. I will be driving in from Coughar Buttes instead of home. As of now, my wife is coming also. I doubt we will meet you for breakfast at Lettey's. I will let you know when we decided about that.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone! It should be a great day and we have a nice group signed up.
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Valero at 9 a.m.
              HOPE to see you then.
              LG

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                11/12/11 at Camp rock rd. and Hwy 247 at 9:00am saturday morning.
                Are folks just going to pull off the road and meet up right there, or is there a gas startion or something near there where folks will meet?
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

It's a cleared off corner lot where everyone will be meeting. Some will meet other places and then meet there.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I have a friend that wants to go too. He has a blazer with 31" tires. Would this be a good trail for him? Pretty sure this will be his first run that would have some difficulty to it. Any thoughts?
                    I Jeep, therefore I am

Comment

Originally posted by IBclimbin View Post
                      I have a friend that wants to go too. He has a blazer with 31" tires. Would this be a good trail for him? Pretty sure this will be his first run that would have some difficulty to it. Any thoughts?
                      Does he have "hooks" on both ends?
                      Basic rescue tools etc?

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...nts-amp-Ethics

Cheers,
                      LG

Comment

Originally posted by IBclimbin View Post
                        You have to keep in mind these trails are rated "Most Difficult" 4+. I'm certain the Blazer will sustain body damage. Those with lesser built rigs are welcome, but should consider using the bypasses on the difficult sections.

The bare minimum build for these trails would be a Wrangler w/ 3" lift & 31" tires.....w/o a locker this vehicle would end up being strapped in several places.

Tow hooks & recovery strap would be required.
                        Last edited by mkjeepers; 10-30-11, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CVD View Post
                          Count me in. My rigs been out of commission for several months; just got it back. This will be a good chance to break in the new tires.

Cliff
                          Really want to see how your jeep turnout in person.
                          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Actually I have not seen it yet so not sure what all he has. I told him 33" tires were recommended since that was posted early in this thread. I'm sure body damage to the blazer will be a given. He asked me to ask the board so I did. I will have him read this thread so he has an idea what he needs and what he can expect. Thanks for the responses. See you soon.
                            I Jeep, therefore I am

Comment

Mike,

They are being nice about your buddy in the Blazer. It will be very tough. But if he goes, I'll figure out a way to get over there with my camera!

Comment

Mitch you can ride with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X