Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seapahn
    Hahahah!!! Trying to keep people guessing ... did it go over or not ...

By the way, we all had a very good laugh a couple of times watching you fall on your rear end when trying to desparately hang on to the strap in my flop video

Thanks for the valient effort to all that tried so hard with the strap ... it sure made a world of difference and was probably why there was no damage.
    HA! i have to see that video! i have a picture of me on my ass, but the vid must be great! post a link for crying out loud!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Good old File Transfer Protocol...how I miss the days. Course they were different files back then.

I personally like WS_FTP LE (download at http://www.ipswitch.com/Products/WS_...h-the-pro.html) as I have used it since school. It also gives me the fuzzies as it reminds me of ncftp and command-line ftp.

If you are interested in other FTP clients, try http://www.tucows.com/ftp95_license.html to find a free drag-and-drop interface.

BTW, Windows has built-in ftp clients.

If you'd like to try command-line ftp and know the basic unix commands, try Start-Run-ftp-open blazer.ece.wisc.edu 6666
      This method wins maximum geek points.

Also, IExplorer should support ftp://mjr:mjr@blazer.ece.wisc.edu:6666 but this method didn't seem to work at all.
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

I don't think the built in windows FTP client supports the unix-style port option ... or at least I haven't found a way to do it.

Here's the best part of the flop clip:

better version (somewhat larger but better version of the gif)

Here are the DIVX 5.0 compressed clips of the flop. You'll need the divx codec to play this but it should play fine with windows media player.

Full clip (~10MB)
        Just the flop (~800KB)
        Last edited by seapahn; 06-01-04, 06:51 PM.
        03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
        "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

LOL! you are sopposed to post YOUR flop... not my fat ass!
          you NUT!
          ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by seapahn
            I don't think the built in windows FTP client supports the unix-style port option ... or at least I haven't found a way to do it.

Here's the best part of the flop clip:

better version (somewhat larger but better version of the gif)

Here are the DIVX 5.0 compressed clips of the flop. You'll need the divx codec to play this but it should play fine with windows media player.

Full clip (~10MB)
            Just the flop (~800KB)
            for some reason these vids are NOT working. i get audio only from the larger files.
            ERIK

Comment

You need to have DIVX installed. Notice there are 3 different versions. Just get the free one. If you don't have it, it's good to have as it can be used to produce very good videos that are very small in size (You'll have to pick Divx as the compression codec in your video editing software).

By the way, VirtualDub is an excellent and free video editing software.
              "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

By the way, Eric, I'm sure your son will appreciate having DivX as well

Comment

That was was the easiest flop I have ever seen. It couldn't have been put down any easier.
                  1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Deb (the cinematographer) really enjoyed the clip! Now, post the one of the rig getting winched back up!
                    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
                      Deb (the cinematographer) really enjoyed the clip! Now, post the one of the rig getting winched back up!
                      yea! lets see it getting winched back up! great idea.
                      that is a nice, and very complete video of your, and my "flop" lol
                      do you have one of the winching back up?
                      ERIK

Comment

Hey all, sorry it's taken so long to post but I've been kinda buisy.

anyway, thank you to all who made it out. Every day was a pleasure, trails were great and all worked together when the going got tough.

It was great to meet the new folks(to me at least)... Tito and son, Steve and Robin, the "new" Chris L, Aaron and Destri... hope to see you on the trails again soon.

It was also nice to be a part of the first trip to moab for many the regulars. Let's do it again!!! Next time, someone else can lead and get us lost.

Brian.(BPS founder)
                        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Anyone up for a late fall trip? (october~ish)
                          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

sorry Brian, that's a once a year drive for me. 12 hrs in the Jeep is kinda rough.

on a side note, I just remembered my favorite quote from the trip...

(the scene) last obsticle on pritchett, a 6+ft rounded dome with a 30ft 60% drop off on the driver side. Dukes69 spotting and me hooking up a strap to steve's Jeep...

(the quote)
                            Chris... "you're a praying man right?"

Brian... "now might be a good time for a real short one."

goodtimes.
                            myJeeprocks.com

Comment

ROTF!

I wish I would have been right there to hear that one!

Tam
                              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

here's a pic for ya tam... anyone care to estimate how much air that driver rear tire's got???
                                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Working...
                                X