Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I wouldn't give to be there!

...I did get around to changing my oil though!

Comment

Originally posted by ned
      What I wouldn't give to be there!

...I did get around to changing my oil though!
      I was bummed it had to be so fast. i got 3 days out of it though. i had an appt. with a city official to move a job in west covina. at least i got out to play a bit. what a great time! you would have really enjoyed it. high level of difficulty, and stress on the pritchett canyon run... you gotta love it!
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Those are some awesome pictures. Sweet videos too. Wish I could've been there... stupid job!
        [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
        [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Awesome pictures Erik, great camera work. Movies too!

Broken shock looks typical.I especially like the guy in the sandals trying to find some place to grab hold of that Liberty.

That does it we're coming to Rubicon. Indeed!

Comment

MOAB! some pics and videos.

OK, BOYS AND GIRLS! HERE THEY ARE..
            MOAB VIDEOS
            MOAB PICTURES
            ENJOY... there are more vids, and other things i have to get otn there when time permits.
            ERIK

Comment

Looks like a fun trip.
              That rocker knocker video was crazy. Thats an interesting line to take.
              94' XJ,4.0,Tera Low 4:1
              D44/9inch, Locked, 36x14.50 TSL's and way to much lift

Comment

Originally posted by brian4.2

That does it we're coming to Rubicon. Indeed!

I am quoting this so you cant say you didnt say we are going! HAHAHAHA

WE ARE GOING TO THE CON!!!!

Oh yea, nice pictures eric.

Comment

Very cool pics! Wish I could come to some of these...
                  Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Did Brian make it up?

Comment

Originally posted by ned
                      Did Brian make it up?
                      No, chris had to pull him up. ON FOOT!

JK

Comment

yes, ned. he made it up there. we all took a strap [held by people] for safety. it was VERY off camber. you can tell by the jeep laying on its side . brian was actually the first to try this obstical of our group, so there was a bit of learning to do.
                        there were 5 jeeps of our 11 jeep group that tried this, and 1 of the 5 flopped. it was a soft flop with no damage due to the people holding the strap... we eased it down the best we could.
                        it was a great time!
                        ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by MendoZJ
                          That rocker knocker video was crazy. Thats an interesting line to take.
                          A couple of guys who run Pritchett Canyon regularly passed us on the way in. They were kind enough to wait up for us at Rocker Knocker. Our spotter (who you here yelling encouragement) showed us the very unintuitive line.

Going straight up the hill with engaged lockers crabwalks the driver's rocker panel into a very large boulder on the left (hence the name Rocker Knocker). You have to get the front passenger tire up the second ledge and get quite off camber (isn't that so, Seapahn?) so that the front driver tire is moving ahead of the driver rocker panel.

Erik's video shows the textbook line!!
                          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                          2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

What a great trip!"are my back wheels turning",had a great time with all of you.Thanks again to chris & Erik for there great trail fix on my shifter cable.Ted you always have the part I need to get going agian.Next year I will try Rocker nocker( we'll see). Can't wait to see the rest of the pic's.
                            95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

A few pix from Pritchett Canyon

Got back today and unloaded the Heaps.

Not a lot of time to edit and post photos but here are a few.

Who is that masked man?

Would you trust this man under the gas tank of your Jeep with 24 volts and 170 amps of electricity?

Chris' fix with a wire-feed welder and a couple of washers!

This was a pretty amazing fix that held up with some terrible abuse on RockPile later that day and throughout the rest of the trip!

This is the obstacle that gives Rocker Knocker it's name

This rock is at the very left edge of the first ledge and will hang you up unless you get your front passenger tire over the second ledge as you crabwalk across.
                              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Panorama of winch protection on Pritchett Canyon

A winch relay was setup for a tricky off-camber staircase just prior to Rock Pile. After Seapahn's flop on Rocker Knocker, nobody felt like taking chances on a rollover 20 feet down.

Comment

Working...
                                X