Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trail Report Update:

Rick and Sarah went out today to run Prichett...luckily meeting up with another group that was familiar with the trail. Except for Rocker Knowcker, which they bypassed, they ran the rest of the trail without the use of a strap or winch. WOW.

I was thinking that since we didnt really have someone showing us the lines, that it was way more difficult. Wed have never figured out Rocker Knocker on our own, that was one elusive line!

Congrats Rick and Sarah!

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Awesome

A BIG thank you to MJR for organizing a superb event.

I had a great time, and enjoyed meeting everyone, well mostly

Sorry I did not join you on Saturday, but will all the rain I headed out.

I hope Sepahn (sp?) can organize an FTP site for all the pics.

Thanks to Brian for leading all the runs and getting us thoroughly lost. BPS strikes again.

Cheers for now

Chris L.
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Hey all,

Just pulled in about 2 hours ago. Thanks to Brian for the orginization (even if you wouldn't stop yellin at me ):yay:

Had a great trip, after Pritchett though... everything seemed a bit tame, that was an intense trail. :yawn:

Erik, Chris, Tam, Ted, Deb, Jeff, John, Seapawn, Rick and Sarah you rock! I will post pics from Steel Bender, Pritchett, Golden Spike, Top of the World and Cliffhanger soon as I get them resized.

Be Well!

Steve
        35" MTRs, Ox Lockers, bellyup, cage, stuff + things... blah, blah, blah . <><

Comment

ride home

OK...here's my ride home saga:

About 45 mins S of Flagstaff the trailer starts shakin' :confused:

I have a flat, not a big deal, one can of fix-a-flat and a squirt of OBA and I'll be on my way right?

I get about 20lbs into the tire and kaboom - the whole sidewall is blown wide open. :mad:

It's about 4:45pm Saturday on a holiday weekend - nothing open Sun and Mon, I'm screwed.

So I think, "What would Brian do?"

I pull the Jeep off the trailer, remove the rim and head for the nearest exit. I find a gas station, borrow a yellow pages and call every tire outfit listed - nothing, nada. Then I call 411 and ask for all the big tire shops in Flag.

Finally I get an answer from Discount. The guy says, "We're closing in 4 minutes."

After some whining on my part he finds the tire and suggests he mounts it on a cheapo rim and hides it behind their dumpster. Then I can swing by and pick it up, woo hoo

Looking good Huston. So off to Flag, tire store, dumpster, wheel, wrong PCD!!! Shite!

I manage to find an all-night truck stop, slip the guys 10 bucks and they mount the new tire on the old rim.

Back to the trailer and on my way home, yeah.

Chris L.
          "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

i know how the ride home can sometimes go.. i had a trip from hell coming back from the rubicon last year.
            brian had some crap go on when he got back from moab as well
            see: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...&threadid=2055
            bummer for him.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Re: ride home

Originally posted by aston
              Chris L. [/B]
              Ok, hate to break it to you, but "I AM THE RESIDENT CHRIS_L AROUND HERE"
              ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
              00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
              97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Re: Re: ride home

Originally posted by Chris_L
                Ok, hate to break it to you, but "I AM THE RESIDENT CHRIS_L AROUND HERE"
                I was laughing my butt off BEFORE you even said anything

You may be the "resident" Chris L...But hes definitely the our resident Chappy Gotta love the Aston thing!

WELCOME Chris!

We had a great time wheeling with you, sorry you had such a difficult time on the way home. Chris and I made it home without ANY problems Long ass drive that it was!

Im currently working on getting the blasted pics off the laptop. I had to resort to buying a "Jump Drive"...its working, but slowly. Hopefully Ill get all the pics sized and uploaded soon

Tam
                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

http://fookes.com/ezthumbs/index.php
                  this is a great FREE utility for resizing the pics. works very well, and the price is RIGHT
                  ERIK

Comment

why are there two threads for this?!
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

ok guys, we just pulled in --
                      lotsa pics to come real soon, we're sad you all bailed on us for the weekend so we ran pritchett without ya'lls!!

aston, drewtj, robyn and tito it was great to meet you and it did stop raining on saturday about 1030am!

anyway, off to bed, glad everyone made it back ok, WHAT A ROCKIN TRIP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                        why are there two threads for this?!
                        Because Erik is a retard, and I fixed it!

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

bite me
                          ERIK

Comment

Hi All,

I just got back to LA after a pretty amazing 10 days! I set up a server where we can all upload our pictures. After I have them all, I can organize them into one package that we can all download (if you want to have all the full pics/vids).

I would suggest zipping your files into one big file and then upload. Or if the file is too big, split them into bunch of smaller zip files. You can make directories and dump your files in there ... anyway you feel like it. Hope the speed will be fast enough as I suspect the files are BIG

Protocol: FTP
                            Server: blazer.ece.wisc.edu
                            Port: 6666
                            username: mjr
                            password: mjr

Let me know if you have any problems connecting or need to know how to FTP stuff (you need an FTP client program).
                            03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                            "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                              what a tease yuo are, seaphan! LOL
                              [/B]
                              Hahahah!!! Trying to keep people guessing ... did it go over or not ...

By the way, we all had a very good laugh a couple of times watching you fall on your rear end when trying to desparately hang on to the strap in my flop video

Thanks for the valient effort to all that tried so hard with the strap ... it sure made a world of difference and was probably why there was no damage.
                              03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                              "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

rock on seaphan!

Comment

Working...
                                X