Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fjamming View Post
    ...We'll probably be using a lot of winching and chains to pull the smaller ones down. Will need help with the bigger trees.
    That is not a good idea. It's very dangerous. I recommend that the be felled by experienced people.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
      That is not a good idea. It's very dangerous. I recommend that the be felled by experienced people.
      Ditto-
      It is hard to tell how tall those trees really are until they are on the ground. They weigh a hell of a lot more than you might think as well, and may try to pull your jeep through the snatch block. A jeep being pulled through a snatch block makes for a big mess.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

My extended family has lost people to widow-makers falling while attaching cables and also from heavy equipment roll-overs. Felling trees is very dangerous even for the experienced.
        God forgives, rocks don't
        -sons of thunder

Comment

[COLOR="sienna"] I'm seeing that FJ noted only pulling down "smaller" trees. I guess it's the definition of "smaller" that's yet to be defined. Seriously though... if there aren't any complaints of having to clear them from the trail...this could be done quickly.

Had Greg made any mention of getting someone out there to mark the trees that need to come down? I would recommend getting that done first. If we hadn't had someone say what had to go or what could stay...we'd still be [COLOR="red"] transporting the Hot Shots[/COLOR] for cutting trees on Holcomb I fear.
          [/COLOR]

corrected for fear of someone getting the wrong idea
          Last edited by USMC 0369; 07-06-11, 03:38 PM.
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Doug, what is the final tally on the number of man-hours contributed by MJR to get the trail reopened after it was closed?
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Got out to run this trail for the first time this last weekend. Thank you all for all the hard work! The trail is wonderful!
              KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy162 View Post
                Got out to run this trail for the first time this last weekend. Thank you all for all the hard work! The trail is wonderful!
                You're welcome Troy. I kinda like it myself
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Which day did you go? We were working on Saturday. Must have missed you.
                  Check out .

Comment

Working...
                  X