Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: 3N93 Holcomb Creek is Open! June 26, 2011

It's official! Holcomb creek trail is open. I repeat. Holcomb creek trail is open. Enjoy, be safe and tread lightly. It can be closed again in the blink of an eye, so take care of it.
    EDIT:
    One thing I forgot to put out here; Lower Larga, 2N06X is still closed. The FS has not determined when or if they will open it. There is another club that adopted that trail.
    The connector (3N93/2N06X) is clearly marked as closed and is blocked by many large logs and signs. Please don't try to get over, around or through the blockage. If Lower Larga is opened later on we will definitely remove the logs and reopen the connector.
    Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by RAT; 06-27-11, 09:16 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Cool, Thanks to all the AAT folks for all the hard work and time they put into this. It's pretty rare for a trail to be reopened after being closed this long.

Comment

thats fantastic,been waiting a long time.thanks for everyones hard work

Comment

Fantastic news! I wasn't sure it would ever be reopened. Great job from all involved.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

This is great news. When is someone putting a run together and how modified of a vehicle does it take to get through? Is 2N06x closed for good?
          Last edited by explorer1; 06-27-11, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by explorer1 View Post
            This is great news. When is someone putting a run together and how modified of a vehicle does it take to get through? Is 2N06x closed for good?
            The Forest Service required us to build the trail back to it's original difficulty; Black diamond. A jeep with 33 inch tires and one locker is a requirement. Driving skills count for a lot though. Stockers are not recommended. Body damage is possible.
            It's up to the FS and the AAT group that adopted 2N06X as to when that trail will open. No word from them and I suspect it will be some time. As for when is someone going to put a run together, what are you waiting for?

Comment

Thanks for the info. I would put together a run, but only on 32's and open diffs i wouldn't want to attempt to lead a run. Is it a tougher trail than heartbreak ridge and Gold mountain?

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                The Forest Service required us to build the trail back to it's original difficulty; Black diamond. A jeep 4wd vehicle with 33 inch tires and one locker is a requirement. Driving skills count for a lot though. Stockers are not recommended. Body damage is possible.
                It's up to the FS and the AAT group that adopted 2N06X as to when that trail will open. No word from them and I suspect it will be some time. As for when is someone going to put a run together, what are you waiting for?
                Fixed it as I dont think the trail knows if it is a Jeep or some other brand vehicle driving on it. It will however know if you have 33+ tires or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikeman View Post
                  I dont think the trail knows if it is a Jeep or some other brand vehicle driving on it.
                  The Hell it don't!

Comment

That is great news. I ran John Bull Saturday and drove over to 3n93 but was a day early. If anyone is heading up to Holcomb at all this week I would love to join you. I can go any day this week as I am off work. Great job by MJR on getting the trail opened again. The hard work is greatly appreciated by all of us.

Comment

Red rubicon - I could make the run on Thurdsay. If you can make it then, shall we meet at the Fawnskin fire station at 9:00 AM?
                      Last edited by Roger; 06-28-11, 08:38 AM.
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

I've got tomorrow off and the Red Jeep sitting in the driveway.

Comment

Rat Patrol... It knows if its not a Jeep lol!!

This is great news! I have been waiting to run this trail again for a long time!!
                          Built Not Bought
                          1986 B2

Comment

Nice work everyone. Thank you! Looking forward to getting up there real soon.
                            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                              I've got tomorrow off and the Red Jeep sitting in the driveway.
                              Mike, can you go Thursday? I'm committed for tomorow.
                              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                              MJR moderator
                              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                              Jeep Patrol Leader
                              Reforestation Supervisor
                              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                              Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                              X