Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by explorer1 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I would put together a run, but only on 32's and open diffs i wouldn't want to attempt to lead a run. Is it a tougher trail than heartbreak ridge and Gold mountain?
    I would suggest that you go with another Jeep, oh , excuzzzze me, 4x4 vehicle with a winch, and go give it a run. Technically it is comparable to John Bull, Gold Mountain. Heartbreak is not as tough, but you have to remember that each of these trails sports different geology and terrain. So you will have challenges on Holcomb that you won't have on the other trails. If you stack rocks please unstack for others that come after you. have fun, Holcomb has been a favorite of mine for a LONG time.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by 59Bisquik View Post
      Rat Patrol... It knows if its not a Jeep lol!!

This is great news! I have been waiting to run this trail again for a long time!!
      Shay! Wazzz appp buddy? Let us know what you think after you go. It ain't the old Holcomb, that's for sure. Not a lot of shade on the trail any more. So take lots of water. It's still really purty though.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
        I would suggest that you go with another Jeep, oh , excuzzzze me, 4x4 vehicle that is inferior to a Jeep with a winch, and go give it a run. Technically it is comparable to John Bull, Gold Mountain. Heartbreak is not as tough, but you have to remember that each of these trails sports different geology and terrain. So you will have challenges on Holcomb that you won't have on the other trails. If you stack rocks please unstack for others that come after you. have fun, Holcomb has been a favorite of mine for a LONG time.
        Fixed it for you Kurt no need to thank me.
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          Fixed it for you Kurt no need to thank me.
          Good to know I can count on you to bury me deeper Roger

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Mike, can you go Thursday? I'm committed for tomorow.
            It's back to the grind on thursday for me Roger, maybe this Sat. - I'm sure it would be crowded though.
            I think for tomorrow my daughter and I will just mill around the BB area. I've got a new camera to dial in.

Comment

No worries, after all this is My Jeep Rocks and Jeep has long been an acceptable term for any 4x4.

Comment

Come on guy,s .what about us worker bee,s .i,m off on friday though .whatca think ??????????????

Comment

I'm just here to help Kurt, that's my calling in life.... Is there anything else I can help you with?
                  MJR moderator
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

Xthread - I could do Friday if I don't hear from Red Rubicon for Thursday. I don't want to be anywhere near 3N93 on the weekend now that it has been posted on Pirate....
                    MJR moderator
                    Jeep Patrol Leader
                    Reforestation Supervisor
                    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Pikeman View Post
                      No worries, after all this is My Jeep Rocks and Jeep has long been an acceptable term for any 4x4.
                      BINGO!

Here we do not discriminate, bring out your Lexus, Ford... and forget your attitudes, poke around and have dome fun. Well put Mike.

Cheers!

Comment

I cant wait to do this trail again... My first experience with MJR and wheeling as one of the only two Fords with 21 other Jeeps was on the Holcomb back in the 06 time frame! Rat Patrol and Max remember me from back then. And of course the Jeeper that damaged a rear axle and we repaired on the trail for him so he could limp home!!

I take no offense to calling it a Jeep trail and long as a I can go "Bronco'n" on that same trail with some of you great folks!

Great to see your still here Rat!!

Even a pic or two from that day... anyone recognize the Jeep??!!

Last edited by 59Bisquik; 06-28-11, 11:22 PM.
                        Built Not Bought
                        1986 B2

Comment

Hi guys,

Great to hear the trail is open! I'm part of the SoCal FJ Cruisers who has adopted 2N06X. We've just done some work on that trail recently. IMHO, it can be open now. I'm waiting on Greg for the final word. We were shooting for these 2 trails to open together, but I had no idea Holcomb was opening NOW. Nice site btw .

Comment

Good to see you around 59Bisquik, good photos of the ol' horse on the trail!
                            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by 59Bisquik View Post
                              I cant wait to do this trail again... My first experience with MJR and wheeling as one of the only two Fords with 21 other Jeeps was on the Holcomb back in the 06 time frame! Rat Patrol and Max remember me from back then. And of course the Jeeper that damaged a rear axle and we repaired on the trail for him so he could limp home!!

I take no offense to calling it a Jeep trail and long as a I can go "Bronco'n" on that same trail with some of you great folks!

Great to see your still here Rat!!

Even a pic or two from that day... anyone recognize the Jeep??!!

Shay,
                              That Jeep that broke was the one that backing plate bolts broke and the brake line got wrapped around the axle right? THat bizzarre. Otherwise that was a really good day. The trail sure does'nt look like that anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by fjamming View Post
                                Hi guys,

Great to hear the trail is open! I'm part of the SoCal FJ Cruisers who has adopted 2N06X. We've just done some work on that trail recently. IMHO, it can be open now. I'm waiting on Greg for the final word. We were shooting for these 2 trails to open together, but I had no idea Holcomb was opening NOW. Nice site btw .
                                Jamming,
                                Any idea when you guys will be done? Last I heard there are still 100 + trees that are scheduled for cutting and the ruts were gonna get Sweco-ized. Keep us informed, like to see the X opened too.

Comment

Working...
                                X