Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rat, you are correct about the broken Jeep, thats the one I was talking about. We ran into him on a group run on the John Bull about a year later. And who's Jeeps do you spot in the pics??

Max... glad to be back. I am here from time to time but mostly a lurker lol. I posted up in the noob section pics of my rig since last time we wheeled. Its been some crazy places since then!
    Last edited by 59Bisquik; 06-29-11, 11:21 AM.
    Built Not Bought
    1986 B2

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
      Jamming,
      Any idea when you guys will be done? Last I heard there are still 100 + trees that are scheduled for cutting and the ruts were gonna get Sweco-ized. Keep us informed, like to see the X opened too.
      Greg said there are still 70 trees that need to be removed. I would like to line the notch/chute with some rocks at some point too to prevent future erosion.
      Last edited by fjamming; 06-29-11, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Only 70 trees?? Ryan could remove 'em in 2 days! If he had good help...
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

I've been out for a while too, as well as a lurker. lol Hope our paths cross soon!
          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            lol, that'd be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              More like 15 and then you'll spend a month cleaning them off the trail.
              Check out .

Comment

Trees, where, I am there. Shoot me a PM

Comment

lol, you guys are funny. We'll probably head back up sometime mid July.

Comment

Originally posted by fjamming View Post
                    lol, you guys are funny. We'll probably head back up sometime mid July.
                    If you guys need any help let us know. It would be great to get that one open soon as well.
                    Check out .

Comment

I agree. Especially as (too much) of the recreating public will see the barrier built from Holcolm to Lower Larga as a "cool obstacle"
                      Jeff
                      OHV76V
                      KG6TY
                      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                        I agree. Especially as (too much) of the recreating public will see the barrier built from Holcolm to Lower Larga as a "cool obstacle"
                        No worries, it's laced with Claymores and pressure sensative mines...
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I know :thumbs_up
                          Jeff
                          OHV76V
                          KG6TY
                          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

A great Big THANK YOU to all you guys and gals who worked so hard on getting Holcomb reopened. Truly you are my heros! The best trail in Big Bear is open again!
                            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                            (Charles Wells)

Comment

Thanks. I'll post here next time we're heading back up. Brief talk with Greg earlier today and it seems there are no specifically marked trees that needs to come down. We'll probably be using a lot of winching and chains to pull the smaller ones down. Will need help with the bigger trees.

Comment

Originally posted by fjamming View Post
                                Thanks. I'll post here next time we're heading back up. Brief talk with Greg earlier today and it seems there are no specifically marked trees that needs to come down. We'll probably be using a lot of winching and chains to pull the smaller ones down. Will need help with the bigger trees.
                                Most of the bigger trees on 3N93 fell over in the last big wind storm
                                Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Working...
                                X