Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
    Last time I was up there a big Ford F350 4x4 was on my ass from the lunch spot all the way to the top of Miller. From what I could tell it was a stock truck too, All Terrain tires, no lift . . . if a big ole beast like that can make it, a stock Jeep should not be too much of an issue especially with a little help from a spotter or maybe even a tug. The big thing is that the Jeeps are in good running order. Things break . . . shit happens . . . but more often than not, from what I've seen on Miller, it's the guy that shouldn't have been on the trail to begin with holding up the bunch. A 20 mile trail is not the place to be if your Jeep has problems.

^^^^^^x2^^^^^^^^^
    2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
      Last time I was up there a big Ford F350 4x4 was on my ass from the lunch spot all the way to the top of Miller. From what I could tell it was a stock truck too, All Terrain tires, no lift . . . if a big ole beast like that can make it, a stock Jeep should not be too much of an issue especially with a little help from a spotter or maybe even a tug. The big thing is that the Jeeps are in good running order. Things break . . . shit happens . . . but more often than not, from what I've seen on Miller, it's the guy that shouldn't have been on the trail to begin with holding up the bunch. A 20 mile trail is not the place to be if your Jeep has problems.
      Last time we went that's exactly what happened but it was stock liberty and something else that was stock. We didn't even get to the fun part.

Comment

So are you saying that because my Jeep overheats and stalls I shouldn't come?

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheelinmike View Post
          Last time we went that's exactly what happened but it was stock liberty and something else that was stock. We didn't even get to the fun part.
          Yes stock to the Bone

Stock street tires
          Not aired down
          Bad spotters
          Confusion in the ranks (it was a group of Them)

Now if your jeep is NOT in good running order and has issues grab a ride with someone.
          WE are not telling you not to come but make sure its taken care of and have parts (Hoses) and fluids to repair it and the tools.
          Cause the parts store is a few miles away

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

I appreciate all the concerns, and it shows the type of group that will be up bright and early tomorrow. The issues my Jeep had were dirt in the fuel tank and lines, so I had the entire fuel system cleaned and replaced, all new hoses, clamps, filters, etc. It's in great running order now.

I'm looking forward to it and think it's going to be a blast learning as much as I can from everyone. I've got 10 months to be built and experienced enough to run Rubicon with my dad; thus tomorrow and next weekend in Big Bear is on.
            USMC F&AM

Comment

Did someone say RUBICON!

You will love it!

Comment

So what time to meet in the morning and where at again?

Is it the flying J after leaving the grapevine or the one at castaic?

Comment

I'm sure I will! I've been studying You Tube videos as if they were game film; I guess they sort of are. See everyone in the morning.
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by smashcoast View Post
                    So what time to meet in the morning and where at again?

Is it the flying J after leaving the grapevine or the one at castaic?
                    It's the one a few miles past Gorman. I believe the departure time from the gas station is 8:15ish, hit the trail head 8:45.

Comment

cant wait! ill c u guys in the morning, ill b with my jeep and a H3 with a lil lift and 35's

Comment

dang... can't make this. change of plans. have fun

Comment

Any problems in the am call me
                          Rick

Comment

And why is it we wake up at 4-5a on a Saturday? Oh ya... We're crazy cult followers who want to enjoy some of the hard earned money we've dumped into our Jeeps.
                            USMC F&AM

Comment

Home and showered. Great day. Finally met a few MJR people I've been meaning to put a face to the name and met a few others. 5 Jeeps total and no problems. That has to be the only time I've ever run Miller and have been back home before 5.

Comment

Super stoked today was it given "That Little Red Jeep"

Good times today, thanks to everyone who dealt with my many poor lines. Hope to see you all in Big Bear next week for the clean up.

Too bad I'm barely home and still not showered. Ha
                                USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                                X