Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
    Looks like I'll probably be joining in on this run . . . Crashed the dirtbike and took out the radiator so the bike will be out of commission so I won't be swayed to hit the trail on the dirtbike instead! Hope to see some familiar faces out there and have a chance to meet some new folks as well. Was in that area on Sat, and the ground was great due to the rain, the dust wasn't horrible like usual . . . hopefully it'll be the same on Sat up on Miller!!!
    Hope you are ok! I hung up my Dirt Bike riding days a few year ago had a DRZ400E tricked out I tried living the ole glory days it just beat me up! to old for that Shiat!
    Great to see you make it.
    2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post
      Hope you are ok! I hung up my Dirt Bike riding days a few year ago had a DRZ400E tricked out I tried living the ole glory days it just beat me up! to old for that Shiat!
      Great to see you make it.
      Thanks Rick,

I'm fine, really wasn't a bad spill just happened to hit in a weird spot which lead to the damage. Luckily I wear all the gear which really seems to help when you take a dirt nap. I hear you about getting beat up, but it is also great excercise, something I desperately need, and one hell of a rush, I still dig the slow thrill ride that Jeeping offers, but damn something about hanging on to the handlebars for dear life gets the blood flowing. Taste Death . . . Live Life!!! Looking forward to wheelin' with you again, been too long.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

some previous years pics as reference...

I did it with a Lexus, so I called Miller Lexus Trail

http://www.yopo4x4.com/index.php?mod...&id=23&eid=321

http://www.yopo4x4.com/index.php?mod...&id=23&eid=187

http://www.yopo4x4.com/index.php?mod=gally&id=23&eid=93

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Miranda View Post
          some previous years pics as reference...

I did it with a Lexus, so I called Miller Lexus Trail

http://www.yopo4x4.com/index.php?mod...&id=23&eid=321

http://www.yopo4x4.com/index.php?mod...&id=23&eid=187

http://www.yopo4x4.com/index.php?mod=gally&id=23&eid=93

Yeah but what have you done lately

Bring the Lexus and wheel in airconditioned comfort!

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

I'm working on a Class 11 bug for Baja 1000 in November, that is taking all my time and money!!! even that the car is not mine!!! a helmet is between $500 - $1000 range, plus racing suit, etc, etc...

A group of Land Cruisers, Lexus included, will be there on 10/16... I'll keep an eye on this post to check "current" conditions...

Comment

What exit/freeway is the meeting spot? I'm running a stock YJ but am itching to go (had to drive an egg last two days while Jeep was in shop).
              USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
                What exit/freeway is the meeting spot? I'm running a stock YJ but am itching to go (had to drive an egg last two days while Jeep was in shop).
                u would take 5 north through the grapevine past gormen then exit frazier road, make left off exit and the flying j is right there

Comment

Sounds good to me; I'll be up there for breakfast I suppose, maybe they'll have a peaked and tuned radio I can pick up as well.

IF anyone is heading up from OC I'd happily follow you up there freeway...

Finally, do we think a stock YJ can handle this? I've made it through John Bull with the lil lady spotting but I must admit it was a bit rough in some spots.
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

Sounds good to me; I'll be up there for breakfast I suppose, maybe they'll have a peaked and tuned radio I can pick up as well.

Finally, do we think a stock YJ can handle this? I've made it through John Bull with the lil lady spotting but I must admit it was a bit rough in some spots.
                    as long its in good running condition you should be fine.
                    do you have recovery points front and rear?
                    and the basics ie CB radio, first aid and such.
                    We can put you inbetween more capable jeeps to ease your mind.
                    No worries

Comment

I ran Miller with my stock Jeep back when the first hill climb was a real adventure but that was years ago. Last few times I've been through Miller, the first hill is now just a steep climb. I haven't seen the trail in a couple of years now so I do not the condition of it but as long as you have reovery points, you'll be fine.

I will be towing my jeep up from Lakewood. I'll be leaving about 6ish or so. Gives me plenty of time to get there and get some breakfast. Look for a F-150 towing a green YJ up the 5.

Comment

The rains supposed to b stopping and we'll b getting some sun with an increase in temps so hopefully it'll make for nice trail terrain and not jus mudd everywhee

Comment

Sounds good. I have a yank strap, first aid, etc. Should be in good shape! I'll keep an eye out for an F-150 with a Jeep in tow.
                          USMC F&AM

Comment

I might join in, but I hope i'm not alone in saying it'll be a long day dragging stockers along, it's not a good idea. And I charge double to pull out Toyota products! haha I'm a Miller veteran and it's alot of fun when all goes well, it's a long hot day when things break.
                            [COLOR=DarkGreen]Chris :beer:
                            Poison Spyder Custom, it's a beast!![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
                              I might join in, but I hope i'm not alone in saying it'll be a long day dragging stockers along, it's not a good idea. And I charge double to pull out Toyota products! haha I'm a Miller veteran and it's alot of fun when all goes well, it's a long hot day when things break.
                              We all started as [COLOR="Black"]stockers[/COLOR] at one point Right?
                              and we all learned from those people who helped us grow in this sport we all love.
                              So pitch in and teach
                              Its all good.

Plus also think " We will not Break" say it 50 times
                              dont bring negitive karma to the party

Comment

Last time I was up there a big Ford F350 4x4 was on my ass from the lunch spot all the way to the top of Miller. From what I could tell it was a stock truck too, All Terrain tires, no lift . . . if a big ole beast like that can make it, a stock Jeep should not be too much of an issue especially with a little help from a spotter or maybe even a tug. The big thing is that the Jeeps are in good running order. Things break . . . shit happens . . . but more often than not, from what I've seen on Miller, it's the guy that shouldn't have been on the trail to begin with holding up the bunch. A 20 mile trail is not the place to be if your Jeep has problems.
                                That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                                X