Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocked-N-Locked View Post
    Once again to all involved Thank You. Anyone with sense understands that events like this don't just happen, so thanks for all the hard work. I do have a suggestion for next year. It would be very cool if each jeep would have had the owners name and MJR name. I say this for several reasons, 1. So we could attach a jeep to a face, and secondly and most importantly, when we see something trick that has been done or bought we could ask where and how it was done. Several times yesterday I would have really liked to talk to some of the owners, but they were doing what I was doing, walking around away from their jeep. This is not a suggestion so much for MJR but for each of us. Just a thought.
    x2. Agree. Good idea.

Comment

Thanks to all who helped put on this great event!

It was cool to have The Limo honored with the Most Rocking Jeep on 31's or Smaller award. Maybe now my Jeep will follow in the footsteps of Roger's Jeep and grow up a bit before next year's event.

Thanks go out to Provelogear (Gerald) from Savvyoffroad.com for the TJ Aluminum Gas Tank Skid that I won. Does this mean that I'll have to go out and buy a TJ to expand my collection?

I greatly enjoyed seeing people that I already knew and meeting many for the first time.

Christian
      "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

I'm sure some barebottomed tj like myself would take it off your hands.....
        An ugly Jeep with some stuff.....

Comment

Big thanks to everyone for hangin' out with us at the meet-n-greet yesterday! Rick and I had a wonderful time and enjoyed seeing everyone again that we know, and meeting so many new people that I hope I can remember everyone's faces. We'll have to do it again before next year! Since the group more than doubled since last year we will definitely need to come up with a few organizational ideas. We'll work on that.

An extra-big thanks goes out to Doug for the trophies, Russ for help with organization and name badges, and as always, Tammy for the late night "holy crap, look at the RSVP list, what are we gonna do?" conversations - the MJR moderators for keeping this place in tip-top shape, the subscribers for helping us keep the bills paid, Bass Pro for the sweet parking spots, and to everyone in general for hangin' out with us. You ROCK!
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I am so bummed I missed it all, but my car was fixed, which is really nice cuz it barely made it to my Mom's house. Turns out it needed a new ignition coil. Hopefully, the Desert Jewel will be able to make it next year!!

Comment

Jerry,

That was Mitch (great88)! Hope you enjoy it.

Sarah, who is the management contact at BPS? I figured some thank you calls would go a long way.

Thanks again

Mitch

Comment

Sarah, a Big Bear summer type meet and great with a night run afterwards might be sweet. Unlike IDTT we should put a couple of organized runs together to make all the peeps happy. Just throwing something out there.
                However you look at it this get together was awesome and a big success in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  Sarah, a Big Bear summer type meet and great with a night run afterwards might be sweet. Unlike IDTT we should put a couple of organized runs together to make all the peeps happy. Just throwing something out there.
                  However you look at it this get together was awesome and a big success in my book.
                  x2 Art! I think that's a great idea!!!

Scott
                  "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Another Great MJR Event! It was good seeing everyone again and making some new friends. Was very surprised to win the Sarah's choice trophy. Here is the email from the Bass Pro site for the store Manager. I believe the special event manager's name was David but I don't have an email for him.

Manager_Rancho_CA@basspro.com
                    Dennis
                    04 TJ
                    4.0/Auto
                    RE 4.5 Long Arm
                    Rock-It Man Rockers
                    33x12.50 BFG A/T
                    desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Originally posted by Deamer View Post
                      Just sent over a Thanks You note.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        That's a good idea. We would need to find a huge parking lot - as I'm sure any of the group camping spots will not handle as many vehicles as we'd need.

IDTT had Roger's trail run, and someone had an Odessa run too. The problem with such a big group is that it's much harder to get everyone in the same spot at the same time. A big part of our success is being not-organized (but not dis-organized LOL) so everyone can have a good time as they see fit. Maybe next time we'll have to bring the mega-phone to round everyone up and point out the trail leaders for the day. Or maybe someone can stitch us some big colored flags for the trail leaders.
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I guess some of the runs and trail leaders can be announced on the board beforehand. I very much like the fairly loose organization of this board. Isn't there one very large group campground for horse riders or something a ways east of the exit of the dishpan trail.
                          That or you can stage a whole lot of people on Van Dusen road in Fawnskin is a very wide straight dirt road

Comment

Locations: The Ski Area parking lots are pretty empty, and occassianally used as a staging area for various groups. Snow Valley has been used several times for the Jeep Jamboree for example.

A good way to stage runs is to have them all start at the same time (more or less), by having trip leaders line up with the name of the trail on their windshield, then everyone gets in line behind them. You then have the trip meeting just before all the groups head out.

Example (sign on post instead of windsheild)

Example (trip meeting)
                            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

this is starting to sound like a rockin good time! i hope not on the 2nd weekend in june though.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalinIt View Post
                                NEW2IMAGE..... great guy!
                                Thanks for the props, Its always nice to donate items for a good cause and great people.
                                Need to get out more and wheel with you guys.
                                2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Working...
                                X