Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Crazy 8 & more

[COLOR="Blue"]The Crazy 8 trail is ready to go. It would be nice to get a group out there on it. The trail is only a mile long and is rated about the same as Bullfrog & Cakewalk.

I was out there recently and walked off another trail in the same area as C8. It's about 3 miles long and is guaranteed to win approval. I haven't run it yet but it's ready to go. No work on this one...I don't think. There are some great sections on this trail. It makes a loop and ends up back at the C8 trailhead.

Both trails combined make for a full day of wheelin.

Saturday April 10th
    9:30 a.m.
    Camp Rock Rd & Hwy 247
    33's & lockers
    CB Channel 25[/COLOR]
    Last edited by mkjeepers; 03-24-10, 09:00 PM.

We should be up for it, nothing major goin on that weekend that I can think of right now.

Matt & kids...
    "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]I think Bash should break in his new tires on this one. [/COLOR]

Comment

33's and lockers? Perefect!! Just changed my rear drum brakes so my ebrake locker is ready to go.

Saturdays off work is highly unlikely but im going ask beg plead and take myboss to sushi for this one.

I'll know by April 1st.

Can't wait!!!!!!

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
          33's and lockers? Perefect!! Just changed my rear drum brakes so my ebrake locker is ready to go.

Saturdays off work is highly unlikely but im going ask beg plead and take myboss to sushi for this one.

I'll know by April 1st.

Can't wait!!!!!!
          [COLOR="Blue"]Why don't you treat him to one of your off-roading BBQ's. Better yet invite him along.:smile:[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
            [COLOR="Blue"]Why don't you treat him to one of your off-roading BBQ's. Better yet invite him along.:smile:[/COLOR]
            He's not the type to go rock crawling with me. He sees my pictures and thinks I have loose screws somewhere in my brain...go figure.

I'm working on the date and praying I can make it. I had a great time with ya on the last run and it's been a while.

My buddy Khoren will be coming along with his cherokee. We're installing a dana 44 in the rear with limited slip. I'm confident he'll do just fine.

I will confirm on Monday.

Comment

Just a heads up. There are 15 or more JK's meeting at the same spot day and time to run Bullfrog. Does Crazy 8 cross Bullfrog at any point?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash
                Just a heads up.

21 JK's are meeting at camp rock rod and hwy 247 at the same day and time to run Bullfrog.

DAAAAMNNN that's a lot of Jeeps. Does Crazy 8 cross Bullfrog at any point?
                [COLOR="Blue"]Yea that's a lot of Jeeps. We've had that many on several runs out there. It makes for a fun day. We may have a good size group as well.

The 2 trails we're going to do don't cross any of the other CB trails. This area is on the east end of the CB's in a not as well used area. The area is just as scenic, but not as well driven and is accessed by going out Rabbit Springs Rd.

The Crazy 8 is pretty cool and the newest trail....I was thinking of maybe calling it "On the rocks"??, is siumular to the other CB trails, but there are many optional obstacles that can be added. The more advanced riggs can have fun out here. There are a couple of ledges out there that a 4 door JK might be the only thing able to climb them. (any JK guys going)The C8 & OTR can be run together as a full day run.

I'm really looking forward to running this new trail.

mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                  [COLOR="Blue"]
                  I'm really looking forward to running this new trail.

mk[/COLOR]

As so am I, can't wait. I did let Hundy know about Crazy 8 so hopefully he'll come out. Other than him I'm bringing a 92 Cherokee along with 4.5" lift, 33's and dana 44 rear with limited slip.

Comment

sounds fun... i should be up for this too..
                    [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                    PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

:thumbs_up

Originally posted by LEADFOOTjosh View Post
                      sounds fun... i should be up for this too..

Comment

There are a couple of ledges to climb on Crazy 8 that the Cherokee with a rear limited slip probably won't make. When we did the first run out there a couple of weeks ago, all of us had full lockers and some of us barely got up them. But you never know. Should be a good photo opp !! There are go arounds though if he can't get up them. Not a big deal.

Can't wait to see what else Mikes got in store for us out there.
                        Ron

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]I was thinking if you know someone from another club that might want to learn these 2 trails invite them to come out. Maybe just one or two vehicles....I wouldn't want this to get too big....the C8 might turn into a demolition derby at the intersection.

mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Well Mike this is a first, you wanting to keep it a small group. LMAO!!!!! No I'm not planning on driving it, maybe as a passenger though.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                              Well Mike this is a first, you wanting to keep it a small group. LMAO!!!!! No I'm not planning on driving it, maybe as a passenger though.

Mitch
                              [COLOR="Blue"]I'm sure you can hitch a ride with someone Mitch. We'll try to keep the count under 50 :smile::dunno:just kidding!![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X