Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bash. You may have missed my point. To be honest, it's just common sense to not leave anyone behind and I was in no way implying that any of us would. Never done that and never will. My point was that individuals should show restraint on their own if they know their rigs are not equiped for a particular run.

Case in point. After doing the Rubicon 5 or 6 times, the only people I've ever see broken are people with over sized tires and no axles upgrades. 35" tires with stock axles are a break ready to happen on a trail like that. Then when they break down they hold up the whole show. I've waited as long as an hour in a line of over 100 rigs because of one guy. Just not fair. He did not know his limitations.

Yes it's true anyone can break or get stuck at any time, but sometimes you just have to do what's right. You wouldn't do Jack Hammer with open diffs would you? If you did, I assure you it would be a long day for everyone. And that's not fair to your friends unless they enjoy seeing you suffer. That's the point I was making. Nothing more.
    Ron

Comment

at least bash knows his limits......sometimes! , after running clawhammer with open diffs and getting yanked off a couple rocks he had the smarts to cut out before we hit slegdehammer and not turn it into a all day event .

Comment

I really want to make it out there. I have never wheeled there.

Comment

Yep !! My point exactly. He did the right thing there. I thought that he would. I'm pretty sure for this weekend anyone that is open will make it through with a tug here and there. I just hope no one shows with a total stocker. It's happened before.
          Ron

Comment

Originally posted by bigbearwheeler View Post
            Yep !! My point exactly. He did the right thing there. I thought that he would. I'm pretty sure for this weekend anyone that is open will make it through with a tug here and there. I just hope no one shows with a total stocker. It's happened before.
            Ron
            To add excitement, I was considering bringing out the 97 saturn, and driving it like I stole it and see how many obstacles I could make.
            "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

I'll bring a camera. This should be good. I hope you weren't just kidding. Better also bring a shovel for all the broken parts your gonna leave on the trail. The BLM might be watching.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]I think we should move on here, I don't expect any stock vehicles to show up, if there are any we'll deal with that at the drivers meeting.

These new trails are simular in difficulty to the other CB trails. So I think we know what to expect. Lot'sa fun!!

...and Matt if you bring the Saturn make sure you have a full size spare and enough rations for you and the buzzards.[/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks Mike. Good call !! See you out there.
                  Ron

Comment

I don't know, you guys might be just to crazy for me. I like the the easy stuff.
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Says the ole wildman that had his Jeep standing straight up in the air lol

Comment

Thats just Mike and his trick camera stuff.
                        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                          Thats just Mike and his trick camera stuff.
                          [COLOR="Blue"]Yep, cut and paste.[/COLOR]

Comment

this sounds like a killer day in the plans! ill be grinding and pounding some 35"ers into my wheel wells while you guys are out playing
                            KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Mike I still have some stakes and red paint. Do you want me to bring them?

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                                Mike I still have some stakes and red paint. Do you want me to bring them?
                                [COLOR="Blue"]Yes, that would be good. Both trails arn't marked, so with a couple of us hammering them along the way would be good. Ron has a few he's going to bring also.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X