Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bullysteve View Post
    ha bash i might be camping over night that weekend out there , if so i'll bring a big grill and we can do some grilling afterwards if you want .....
    I gotta be at work Sunday my friend. That would have been great

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
      From the count of it a dozen vehicles is too many. We'll end up grillin more than wheelin and I know there are two trails to cover.

I'll leave the grillin for a time when we have less people. It can take over two hours to grill for 12 Jeeps.
      [COLOR="Blue"]I think this would be the best choice....unless some of your friends set up a drive through, where we can pull up, order and keep on driving.

I think we'll have the day pretty full just running the trails. [/COLOR]
      Last edited by mkjeepers; 04-01-10, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I hear ya on the locker deal Shant, kinda pricey if I do it right and get the best locker for what I use the jeep for, so I,m limited slip in the rear still for the time being.. but in some cases it sure would be nice to push a button heh?
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

I will try and join you guys if that's cool

Comment

Originally posted by JonRubi View Post
            I will try and join you guys if that's cool
            [COLOR="Blue"]Should be cool. I assume a truggy is a truck buggy.[/COLOR]

Comment

.................................................. .........

Comment

Ouick Question before I say I,m in 100% are there any narrow shevlf roads with steep ledges?..if there is I can,t go!! My damn leg loses control and I can,t even move..Let me know please,, Thanks Geeb

Comment

there are no shelf roads in any of cougar buttes area that i am aware of. There are a couple short steep inclines on the trails. i think there is one stretch on frog/walk that is 100ft downhill incline with ledge on d-side.

as stated by Mike though, there are bypasses around anything and everything. If there is anything you are uncomfortable with drive around and meet up with the group in minutes or seconds.
                  "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Originally posted by lakev2 View Post
                    there are no shelf roads in any of cougar buttes area that i am aware of. There are a couple short steep inclines on the trails. i think there is one stretch on frog/walk that is 100ft downhill incline with ledge on d-side.

as stated by Mike though, there are bypasses around anything and everything. If there is anything you are uncomfortable with drive around and meet up with the group in minutes or seconds.
                    [COLOR="Blue"]You're correct Matt, there are no shelf roads in the Buttes or these trails, and there are bypasses around all the obstacles. The trails are designed to be safe, you may get stuck, but I try not to make them a hazzard. But to be on the prepaired side you may want to bring a bottle of Rolaids along.[/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks guys, it,s not my jeep that can,t do it..It,s those tight roads with a 200 ft. drop and 4 inches of road that scare me!! I don,t like heights at all so when I,m in a situation like that it,s eyes straight ahead..lol

Comment

i'm with you on that Geebo ! even that 6' drop going up the enf of odessa puts the fear in me! but i'll do it if you do...

Comment

Don't worry Geebs. Just close your eyes and follow the sound of my voice (flooooooor it!!!)

Looks like there may be one more joining me.

I might be a total of four showing up.

Comment

Billy amd Bash, Thanks for the words of hope..LOL I,ll do it Billy so yer gonna have to follow me. The one that really scared me was in Death Valley I went with Steve (SAR JEEPER) and Roger. I think it was called Chicken Corner or some thing like that but I don,t think there are alot of roads as spooky as the way that made me feel..lol..I even got out of the jeep and Steve drove that section for me..(SISSY)..but I,m alive..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                              Billy amd Bash, Thanks for the words of hope..LOL I,ll do it Billy so yer gonna have to follow me. The one that really scared me was in Death Valley I went with Steve (SAR JEEPER) and Roger. I think it was called Chicken Corner or some thing like that but I don,t think there are alot of roads as spooky as the way that made me feel..lol..I even got out of the jeep and Steve drove that section for me..(SISSY)..but I,m alive..lol
                              It's OK. it's up to your comfort level and you should never exceed that. I personally don;t like whitemountain in big bear because of the loose shelf road especially when I wheeled it with no doors...creepy

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                                Those kinds of roads are best run at nighttime, then you dont know that the edge is there :thumbs_up
                                "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Working...
                                X