X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great points, everyone!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

This is a good thread and I too agree with yall! The thing that does tick me off some is that people like me and you all have to justify our behavoir for the less than a handful of Numb-Crackers who do thier own thing..I for one will keep a open eye...not only for the trail rebels but the spy,s as well...
      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
        there is a time and place for that. Greg made some good points tonight and got people thinking.

Mitch
        Agreed! Any drinking I do will be done around the campfire or at home, after the ride is over!
        Last edited by avjeepfreek; 04-16-09, 05:06 PM.
        "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
          This is a good thread and I too agree with yall! The thing that does tick me off some is that people like me and you all have to justify our behavoir for the less than a handful of Numb-Crackers who do thier own thing..I for one will keep a open eye...not only for the trail rebels but the spy,s as well...
          lol. this thread is ridiculous about drinking and driving.

it is a known fact to not drink and drive. anyone who does so is their problem.
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
            it is a known fact to not drink and drive. [COLOR="Red"]anyone who does so is their problem.[/COLOR]
            [COLOR="Sienna"]I don't agree. It's my problem too.[/COLOR]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

:cocktail::thumbs_up:shout::thumbs_do
              John & Kristi

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Twister View Post
                :cocktail::thumbs_up:shout::thumbs_do
                [COLOR="Sienna"]I stand corrected; I now read this as: Need drink, can't talk.[/COLOR]
                Last edited by USMC 0369; 04-16-09, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I think I understand what you mean Josh . . . get some sleep bro . . . too much wrenchin!!!

I have no desire to wheel with a bunch of reckless idiots . . . drunk or sober, it doesn't matter much to me. The whole point of wheelin' for someone like me is to get out, away from the masses, and away from the stresses of daily life. I have to mention though that this includes getting away from some of the attitudes shown here. Leaving someone alone in the middle of a 130* desert or snapping a photo to use to ostracize them in case the individual doesn't respond in a manner that you find acceptable . . . so what exactly will this accomplish?
                  Last edited by Schmo; 04-16-09, 08:06 PM.
                  That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                    I think I understand what you mean Josh . . . get some sleep bro . . . too much wrenchin!!!

I have no desire to wheel with a bunch of reckless idiots . . . drunk or sober, it doesn't matter much to me. The whole point of wheelin' for someone like me is to get out, away from the masses, and away from the stresses of daily life. I have to mention though that this includes getting away from some of the attitudes shown here. Leaving someone alone in the middle of a 130* desert or snapping a photo to use ostracize them in case the individual doesn't respond in a manner that you find acceptable . . . so what exactly will this accomplish?
                    [COLOR="Sienna"]Bottom line... I've had it with the ones that think there is an excuse to do this kinda crap. I don't want them around me, I don't want to be associated with them what so ever. If that makes me an a$$hole, then I guess that's what I am. I'm not gonna accept this crap anymore. What I hope to accomplish is to set a few examples so these people stay the hell away from me.

I don't think for a moment that our little group is going to change the face of OHV by ourselves. But it's rediculous to not do anything about it within our circle of influence. And it's not just booze like you pointed out. Tearing through campsites at 40mph, just being an idiot in general.

Pushing yourself and your rig on a trail and flopping sometimes is the nature of the game, trying to launch your rig off the side of the mountain is something I don't wanna be around. And I shouldn't have to be.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                      [COLOR="Sienna"] What I hope to accomplish is to set a few examples so these people stay the hell away from me.
                      [/COLOR]

Well if you follow thru on your "promise to everyone", I'm sure you'll accomplish your goal . . . and then some. And other groups that don't give a damn about things like treading lightly will be happy to welcome these folks into their fold and the problem will continue to grow. Good plan.

Look, I’m just sayin’ . . . there are definitely times where being an "a$$hole" is called for, but in most situations it works against what you are trying to accomplish.
                      Last edited by Schmo; 04-16-09, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Well if you follow thru on your "promise to everyone", I'm sure you'll accomplish your goal. And other groups that don't give a damn about things like treading lightly will be happy to welcome these folks into their fold and the problem will continue to grow. Good plan.

Look, I’m just sayin’ . . . there are definitely times where being an asshole is called for, but in most situations it works against what you are trying to accomplish.
                        [COLOR="Sienna"]And what I'm saying is that being tolerant is what got us here in the first place.
                        I do understand what you're trying to say, but it's just my opinion that "kinder & gentler" is getting us no-where fast. Will I get into a fight over this crap? No, I make it a point not to fight with idiots. I'll most likely voice myself and drive away if everyone agrees I'm out of line. I'm not normally a prick about things...but damn, there is nothing else.

I think I missed your suggestion as to how to deal with this problem. Or should we just let it continue?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]And what I'm saying is that being tolerant is what got us here in the first place.
                          I do understand what you're trying to say, but it's just my opinion that "kinder & gentler" is getting us no-where fast. Will I get into a fight over this crap? No, I make it a point not to fight with idiots. I'll most likely voice myself and drive away if everyone agrees I'm out of line. I'm not normally a prick about things...but damn, there is nothing else.

I think I missed your suggestion as to how to deal with this problem. Or should we just let it continue?[/COLOR]

I’m more of the take responsibility for my own actions, mind my own business, and expect those that I associate with to do the same. But to answer your question, I suggest, if you see someone behaving in a way that you don’t care to be associated with and it’s a worthwhile individual, . . . confront them, during or after, depending on the situation and in a rational manner explain your point in hopes to keep them as part of the group and hopefully create an ally that will share the message in the same way with others. If it’s not a worthwhile individual, remove yourself from the situation . . . like you said, no point fighting with idiots.

7 more posts and I hit 1000 . . . how long can we keep this going?!!!

Comment

Well if you follow thru on your "promise to everyone", I'm sure you'll accomplish your goal . . . and then some. And other groups that don't give a damn about things like treading lightly will be happy to welcome these folks into their fold and the problem will continue to grow. Good plan.

Look, I’m just sayin’ . . . there are definitely times where being an "a$$hole" is called for, but in most situations it works against what you are trying to accomplish.
                            Hey Joe,
                            Everyone here has valid points. The bottom line is this:
                            Drinking on the trail is the same as drinking on the highway, and carries the same penalties. Our main concern here is the view the general public has of off roading when articles show our sport in a negative light. Drinking and driving on the trail does that, and we have WAY too many advocates of trail closure watching what we do to be allowing this kind of behavior. It's illegal for the regular Joe (sorry, no pun intended) driving on the highway, and is magnified a thousand times when offroaders are caught doing it and it makes into print. It's become a hot button issue with the FS and the environmentalists, so whether you agree with a hard line stance or not, that is what is coming our way. It's that or we start losing our freedom to wheel in the places we love even faster than we are already. I think we need to all get on the same page and stop trying to argue old points of view that no longer have much validity in todays enviromental arena. We have enough enemies, we need to rally together and fight this.
                            My two cents worth.
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                              Hey Joe,
                              Everyone here has valid points. The bottom line is this:
                              Drinking on the trail is the same as drinking on the highway, and carries the same penalties. Our main concern here is the view the general public has of off roading when articles show our sport in a negative light. Drinking and driving on the trail does that, and we have WAY too many advocates of trail closure watching what we do to be allowing this kind of behavior. It's illegal for the regular Joe (sorry, no pun intended) driving on the highway, and is magnified a thousand times when offroaders are caught doing it and it makes into print. It's become a hot button issue with the FS and the environmentalists, so whether you agree with a hard line stance or not, that is what is coming our way. It's that or we start losing our freedom to wheel in the places we love even faster than we are already. I think we need to all get on the same page and stop trying to argue old points of view that no longer have much validity in todays enviromental arena. We have enough enemies, we need to rally together and fight this.
                              My two cents worth.
                              I totally understand what you are saying Kurt. All I was pointing out is how the reaction to the issue is also important. I've yet to see an instance where intolerance provided better results than influence.

6 more!!!

Comment

I’m more of the take responsibility for my own actions, mind my own business, and expect those that I associate with to do the same. But to answer your question, I suggest, if you see someone behaving in a way that you don’t care to be associated with and it’s a worthwhile individual, . . . confront them, during or after, depending on the situation and in a rational manner explain your point in hopes to keep them as part of the group and hopefully create an ally that will share the message in the same way with others. If it’s not a worthwhile individual, remove yourself from the situation . . . like you said, no point fighting with idiots.

7 more posts and I hit 1000 . . . how long can we keep this going?!!!
                                [COLOR="Sienna"]I hope you realize I'm not trying to fight with you about this. Your suggestions have merit, I may have not made myself clear earlier. When I say "confront" someone about something...I simply mean to 'engage' them. In my line of work, I often start a sentence with, "Hey dumbass, c'mere." But in my personal life, I rarely do. I have the ability to start nice, and escalate force proportional to the force presented to me.

I'm not sure if you were at the AAT meeting last night? I have difficulty putting screen names with people's faces. The kind of people I'm talking about, are ones that would get in Greg's face while drinking on the trail after he said something to them about it. WTF is that about?

I only wheel with MJR people. So I don't feel I'm ever going to have to make good on my promise. (Sneaky huh?) But I'll keep an eye on you...

5 more.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X