This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Cakewalk!? Trail - Johnson Valley OHV

[COLOR="Blue"]I would like to do an introduction to the new trail Cakewalk. It's an even rival to the Bullfrog, if not better. Difficulty is proportionate to the Bullfrog - for the most part, but totally fun. The trail intertwines with the Bullfrog in places, then works it's way back to more of the granite formations. This trail may be a short-cut to Moab.

Meet Camprock Rd & 247 Lucerne Valley, Ca.
    9:30a.m.
    Sat March 21st
    CB Channel 25[/COLOR]
    Last edited by mkjeepers; 02-26-09, 01:39 PM.

I'd like to run this trail, but I'm preppin' for the IDTT. Can we push this out a weekend or two?
    Money pit!

Comment

I'll be there; looking forward to it!

Tony.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Does this date work for everyone, if not we can set another. Let me know.[/COLOR]

Comment

3-21

It works for me and possibly two others (a stock Tomber & modded XJ).
          All slow and no show

Comment

I'am in for 3/21
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Where is Bullfrog/Cakewalk? Googlemap link?
              I might be up for this. Had my Calico plans canceled this weekend, now I'm hoping she might owe me one :-)
              Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
              Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
              HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Right on Curtis.

The Bullfrog/Cakewalk trails are located in the Cougar Buttes area a few miles east of the city of Lucerne. Cross roads are Camp Rock & Hwy 247 on the west end of Johnson Valley OHV area. From Camp Rock take Cambria east to the Buttes.[/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]This coming Friday the 6th we're doing a run out at Cougar Buttes on a new trail (Hammer Down) - from there we'll run portions of the Cakewalk trail. This is in addition to the run on the 21st.

I think we'll call this one the "recession victims week day run".

Meet Camp Rock Rd & 247 at 9:30 a.m.
                  MK[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                    [COLOR="Blue"]This coming Friday the 6th we're doing a run out at Cougar Buttes on a new trail (Hammer Down) - from there we'll run portions of the Cakewalk trail. This is in addition to the run on the 21st.

MK[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="Sienna"]Requirements?

I'm on 33's locked at both ends...but my damn "Tuff Country" springs have sagged in the rear so I got's me a little gangster lean.[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Sounds good, see you friday, Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                        [COLOR="Sienna"]Requirements?

I'm on 33's locked at both ends...but my damn "Tuff Country" springs have sagged in the rear so I got's me a little gangster lean.[/COLOR]
                        [COLOR="Blue"]Your fine equipment wise. Maybe that lean will come in handy on any off camber areas. [/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Your fine equipment wise. Maybe that lean will come in handy on any off camber areas. [/COLOR]
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]LOL...I just envisioned going through off camber areas backwards to use the lean to my advantage!:geek:[/COLOR]
                          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

As if Mike would lay out a trail that was off-camber?

Comment

MK[/COLOR]

Would like to join you this Friday, but I'll be taking some friends for their first time out there Sun. the 8th. This " recession victim" only has enough gas for one round trip this weekend.

Just make sure you take some awesome Pics guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X