Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall back so we get an hour more hope everyone meeting is aware

Comment

I was planning on going, but got back in from calico. Joe and dave I will not be there. everyone have fun
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

40% chance of rain. No doors, top or heater, and I hate mud. Looks like I'm out.

Have fun and be safe.

Curt
        71' Jeepster - Stock Jeep
        70' Jeepster - Trail Jeep
        73' Commando - Wrecked Heap

Comment

Miller Jeep Trail

Weather was awesome, no dust, good wheelin and had a great time (as always). Ken, driving his CJ 5 with open diff’s, did a great job on the trail for his first time in the new rig….We ended up at the obstacle course in Hungry Valley with Schmo, played around for a bit then headed for home!! See ya on the next one.
          INTO4XN

Comment

Couldn't have asked for a nicer day to wheel . . . all the rain cleared out in time for us, but kept the dust down and made the start of Lockwood a bit more interesting than usual. Good seeing everybody again!!!
            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

where's the pics?
              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Wheeling today was just perfect! No Rain, not cold and there was no dust and the ground was just wet enough to get perfect traction and of course no breakage! I Had a blast ........and looking forward to wheeling with all of you again.

Brett
                offroadwerkz.com
                (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

So Mr Joe Smo how do you like your currie control arms? Does it wheel any better?

Comment

Some Pics For Josh!

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                    where's the pics?
                    This was an excellent run. For my first time on Miller, the weather couldn't have been better. As Brett has already said, no dust, great traction for most of the trail.

20 vehicles met at the Flying J to run the trail. Sharon and I were number 13 in line when we got to the trail head:

We all climbed up and over to Zig-Zag hill and there seven of us split off to run Yellowjacket:

The first water crossing:

It was tough to get good lines with muddy tires:

The brush at the end is very thick in places:

We had lunch near the creek at the end of the trail:

On the way back, three jeeps went on ahead, while four us continued to play on the rocks:

Back on the Lockwood/Miller trail, I found that it is quite steep in places and it is tough to get good pics on the steep lines, but we were able to catch this one on the long, fun climb up to Alamo Mtn:

At the top, Jeff had difficulty finding a good parking place:

But he eventually found a spot next to me:

We took the Alamo Mtn Loop around so that we could get some good views of the sunset:

We even caught the moon in action as we were airing up:

It was an great day and a great fun first run for Sharon and I . It was good to meet some new Jeepers and I am looking forward to more runs like this.

All my pics can be seen at this link:
                    http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...-2-08/?start=0
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Mike,

Great pictures! Looks like a fun run. Wow, 20 rigs showed up, sounds like a fun time.

Mitch

Comment

Question: In photo #5, is there a bi-pass around the rocks?

It's tough to tell and I'd like to take my CJ with the Po' boy lift, but I know I couldn't get over that rock!
                        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                        MJR moderator
                        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

Hey Everybody,
                          Just wanted to say Thanks for coming out & playing on Miller with us. Man what a great turn out I really didnt expect that many people to show up. This was one of the best trips I have been on, wish I could have done Yellowjacket with you but thought better of it with the number of rigs we had along. It was great meeting all of you & I look forward to wheelin with you again in the near future.

Sharky.
                          That thing has more knocks & ping's than Forest Gump playing ping pong:tongue:

Comment

cool thanks for sharing
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Had a blast, even having to wait for the bananna a few times! Look forward to doing another one. Ill get a few pics up tonight, after work.
                              "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                                Question: In photo #5, is there a bi-pass around the rocks?

It's tough to tell and I'd like to take my CJ with the Po' boy lift, but I know I couldn't get over that rock!
                                Yes it has a by-pass. Yellow jacket is a series of extra credit adventures. You don't have to take any of them. It still has it's moments that can't be by-passed, like the first water crossing and the deep mud holes.
                                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                                [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X