Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you on the moderate thing. I ran the trail in stock form as well a few years back. The last leg of the trail is the only semi-challenging spot but cool trail none the less. We are going to take a side shoot down Yellowjacket though, have to see what that is like.
    That thing has more knocks & ping's than Forest Gump playing ping pong:tongue:

Comment

Originally posted by jeepadict View Post
      I agree with you on the moderate thing. I ran the trail in stock form as well a few years back. The last leg of the trail is the only semi-challenging spot but cool trail none the less. We are going to take a side shoot down Yellowjacket though, have to see what that is like.
      Yellowjacket? I heard thats is pretty nasty in spots. Not sure if I wanna tackle that with a stock 35c.
      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Willard View Post
        Yellowjacket? I heard thats is pretty nasty in spots. Not sure if I wanna tackle that with a stock 35c.
        I have the same setup, you should be ok. I ran John Bull last month and cruised right thru it. Give it a try & if you dont feel comfortable we'll turn around and finish Miller. we'll stick as a group. The Bull on open 30/35 & 33's man that was fun. Yellowjacket's got nothing on that trail.

Comment

Hey, I've been wanting to do Miller for awhile now. Might be able to join the group but don't know for sure if I'll be able to make it yet.

Comment

Looks like it may rain a little. It should keep the dust down. I'm planning to join you guys.

Bring a jacket, forecast for Frazier Park on Sunday is only a high of 60 degrees!
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
              Looks like it may rain a little. It should keep the dust down. I'm planning to join you guys.

Bring a jacket, forecast for Frazier Park on Sunday is only a high of 60 degrees!
              Let's hope it doesnt rain to much. The dirt up there turns into the most slippery slime I have ever seen. Even walking on the mud up there is a challenge. You end up with about 6" on the bottom of your shoe.

Comment

I was up there a lot this year, a few months ago it was really easy! They cleaned up the trail too much. 2 Weeks ago I was hunting up there, got a nice lil buck. And it was back to normal. Pritty tore up near the top. Nothing to worry about tho.
                Yellowjacket is where I found the deer at. If you got a nice paint job you might not want to go all the way. It is really overgrown and at some sopts near the end you are pritty much driving through the trees! If you can make it up the first rock at yellowjacket the rest is easy. And you can also go pritty far in before the overgrown part, some cool rock spots in there.

Comment

Originally posted by justin_502 View Post
                  If you got a nice paint job you might not want to go all the way. It is really overgrown and at some sopts near the end you are pritty much driving through the trees! If you can make it up the first rock at yellowjacket the rest is easy. And you can also go pritty far in before the overgrown part, some cool rock spots in there.
                  Why don't you bring out the ole suburban and clear the way for all us little guys???
                  That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

That burb is so damn long, Im pritty sure it would get hung up on that first rock for sure at yellowjacket! I go now in my XJ got it lifted and locked front and rear on 33 Mtr tires. Lot better on gas as well!
                    I was thinking about bringing a chainsaw up there, or something and trim down some of those trees a lil. I dont mind the cutting but the clean up the mess afterwards sucks! Think would have to haul all the stuff out or just toss it off the trail to the side? I wouldent mind doing a clean up ride out there eather, its a cool lil trail. Lots of water crossings and good spots to hang out and bbq

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                      Why don't you bring out the ole suburban and clear the way for all us little guys???
                      Don't tell me you are scared of some bushes???
                      My paints gone,it got washed today in the rain (when did it rain last???)more,dings,than i can count...If you want a path, i'll make a hole!
                      The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by justin_502 View Post
                        That burb is so damn long, Im pritty sure it would get hung up on that first rock for sure at yellowjacket! I go now in my XJ got it lifted and locked front and rear on 33 Mtr tires. Lot better on gas as well!
                        I was thinking about bringing a chainsaw up there, or something and trim down some of those trees a lil. I dont mind the cutting but the clean up the mess afterwards sucks! Think would have to haul all the stuff out or just toss it off the trail to the side? I wouldent mind doing a clean up ride out there eather, its a cool lil trail. Lots of water crossings and good spots to hang out and bbq
                        I'm sure that you can toss the trimmings off to the side. This is standard pactice on organized trail maintenance trips in the San Bernardino Forest....

OR we could just let Danny lead the way
                        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

I might be joining you guys on Sunday . . . installed my new LCAs and engine skid this week and want to get out and see how it all does. That and one of my buddies has been wanting come out and might be able to ride along on Sunday. Been a while since I've been out on a run with some of you . . . will be cool to wheel with you guys agian!

Comment

For all that are able to make it , we'll see ya at the flying j at 8:00am...channel 4 or 949-795-1030 Mike / Sharky. Look forward to wheelin with you.

Comment

is the time change going to effect the meet time?

Comment

HUH??? Am I living under a rock or something . . . do we reset the clocks tonight? Which way?

EDIT...I didn't catch the mid section of the thread . . . so I guess we'll push the clocks back by an hour so we get an extra hour of sleep right???
                                Last edited by Schmo; 11-01-08, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X