Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished installing more rock lights. I'm ready for some HighBeam-on-the-floor Wheeling...

Unidentified Offroading Object

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

and I thought I had too many lights!
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Does anyone know of the narrow technical area before Bismark Mine where folks are rolling over on Odessa near the top? Any pics? It came up at the adopt a trail meeting last night. I believe this is the same area Sarah mentioned months ago but not sure.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OXfuPK0v9rs&feature=related

Is this it?

Does anyone going have an open seat? Bill Cook from BLM/Discovery Trails is interested in riding along.
        Last edited by FJ Crawlin'; 07-17-08, 08:55 AM.
        "run forest, run!"

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Crawlin' View Post
          Does anyone know of the narrow technical area before Bismark Mine where folks are rolling over on Odessa near the top? Any pics? It came up at the adopt a trail meeting last night. I believe this is the same area Sarah mentioned months ago but not sure.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OXfuPK0v9rs&feature=related

Is this it?

Does anyone going have an open seat? Bill Cook from BLM/Discovery Trails is interested in riding along.
          The video you show of the hummer on that ledge is the narrow part you speak of. That area has been piled with rocks. We crossed that ledge on Mother's day. Go to my first post and watch the video of Odessa Canyon. Towards the end of the video you will see us contributing to the rock pile. Personally, I wouldn't mind turning back at that point and going the way we came if anyone is uncomfortable going up the ledge.

Comment

Here is a short clip of a heavyliy modified JK with Dana 60's and an extremely wide stance crossing the ledge

The Ledge at Odessa

BTW, what did the BLM have to say about the ledge? Has it gotten worse?

Comment

Recent thunderstorms have contributed significantly to this area and an area on Mule Canyon being washed out. He's not sure but it may not be passable. The last thing I want to do is end our fun night run recovering a rig; especially my own. If it's as bad as I'm hearing there's no shame in my game turning around and wheeling our way back out. Better to be safe than sorry. I sense a work party being scheduled to fix this section of trail. It looks like you have a decent run brewing. Fingers crossed... I'm flying out Monday morning for North Carolina to visit my folks.

Mark

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
              Here is a short clip of a heavyliy modified JK with Dana 60's and an extremely wide stance crossing the ledge

The Ledge at Odessa

BTW, what did the BLM have to say about the ledge? Has it gotten worse?
              "run forest, run!"

Comment

Recent thunderstorms have contributed significantly to this area and an area on Mule Canyon being washed out. He's not sure but it may not be passable. The last thing I want to do is end our fun night run recovering a rig; especially my own. If it's as bad as I'm hearing there's no shame in my game turning around and wheeling our way back out. Better to be safe than sorry. I sense a work party being scheduled to fix this section of trail. It looks like you have a decent run brewing. Fingers crossed... I'm flying out Monday morning for North Carolina to visit my folks.

Mark

I'm 100% comfortable turning back at the ledge, if it's as bad as you say, that's just what we might end up doing. It will be fun to go back down Odessa anyway, it's not that long of a trail. I'm not taking a roll-over risk. If I have to roll-over, I want it to be at MOAB or Rubicon Trail, not little ol Calico...LOL! (same note by my buddy Rawkon).

Comment

Mark
                  This is how we negotiated that ledge a couple of times...

This was the first time, after that the strap was put away. It's way fun...
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                    This is how we negotiated that ledge a couple of times...

This was the first time, after that the strap was put away. It's way fun...
                    You guys are CraaaaAaaAaAAaaAaaaaAAAzzZzYYY!!!!!

Comment

Brotha, Is there a by-pass to the lower end of that ledge or is that off the designated trail? It does look fun as all hell but damn...at night? Great shots, Dude! Are you gonna make it out with us?
                      "run forest, run!"

Comment

Ok am out. My knee went out on me and will be sitting at home a while. Believe me I wanted to go again. This sucks.
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                          Ok am out. My knee went out on me and will be sitting at home a while. Believe me I wanted to go again. This sucks.
                          ouch! get better soon.

Comment

Because you asked about the ledge. I drove up to the top end of both Odessa and Duran. Odessa is down to five feet of trail with a sharp drop off. The upper Trail is completely different, but fun to drive. Duran is gone. Very bad wash out. You can not drive from the Bismark Mine to the Sue Mine or from the Rock house to the Sue mine. All washed out. We are getting Flash Floods almost every night. It will only get Worse by Sunday. I don't tell 4x4 drivers what to do, but you might want to rethink this run this time of year. In the morning the Temp. is down and you can see. also less chance of a storm. Up to you, Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by RubiRedRoc 07 View Post
                              Because you asked about the ledge. I drove up to the top end of both Odessa and Duran. Odessa is down to five feet of trail with a sharp drop off. The upper Trail is completely different, but fun to drive. Duran is gone. Very bad wash out. You can not drive from the Bismark Mine to the Sue Mine or from the Rock house to the Sue mine. All washed out. We are getting Flash Floods almost every night. It will only get Worse by Sunday. I don't tell 4x4 drivers what to do, but you might want to rethink this run this time of year. In the morning the Temp. is down and you can see. also less chance of a storm. Up to you, Good Luck.
                              Oh Shiiiiiit ..the weather sure did change in the past few days for Yermo...

Daily Details for
                              Yermo, CA
                              [ English | Metric ]

Weather for Sunday July 20th

Isolated T-Storms High
                              98°F

Precip
                              30%

Wind: W 11 mph
                              Max. Humidity: 26%
                              UV Index: 10+ Extreme

Sunrise: 5:49 AM PT
                              Avg. High: 105°F
                              Record High: 112°F (2000)

Partly Cloudy Overnight Low
                              77°F

Precip
                              10%

Wind: W 10 mph
                              Max. Humidity: 37%

Sunset: 7:58 PM PT
                              Avg. Low: 72°F
                              Record Low: 63°F (1991)

I've read that it is NOT a good idea to wheel through Odessa Canyon during Flash Floods...

What do you guys want to do?

Comment

Originally posted by RubiRedRoc 07 View Post
                                I for one listen to a local. But I still want to do a Sunset run somewhere!!!! I just checked big bear and they will be having Isolated T-storms as well......DAMNIT!!!...Where can we go?
                                Last edited by MrBash; 07-17-08, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X