Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattle Snake Canyon Run 5/17/08

After talking to Mitch & Sarah, we thought it would be a good idea to start a new tread only focused on Saturday's Rattlesnake Canyon Run. If you plan on attending, please sign up on the calendar as soon as possible.

Here's the link to the calendar:
    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...=2008-5-17&c=1

All the information is listed there.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Roger,

Good idea to switch to a different post for Rattlesnake only.

Chuck,

I will be there for sure! I am planning on at least one other vehicle and we originally were planning a straight thru run to Big Bear for lunch. It my friend doesn't make, I will do Heartbreak if you spot! I'll know in a couple of days.

Mitch

Comment

I'm a little confused about where the meeting place is. I'm not familiar with "Hwy 18 at the "Wye"
      2006 Rubicon Unlimited
      Lifted, Locked, and Armored for Rock

Comment

Originally posted by cmjrfan8 View Post
        I'm a little confused about where the meeting place is. I'm not familiar with "Hwy 18 at the "Wye"
        I'm sorry about that! If you come into Lucerne Valley on High way 18 from the west, in the middle of town on your right will be the Valero gas station. That's where we will meet. Just east of the station the roadway splits and the right wye will take you to Big bear, if you go straight the road leads to Yucca Valley.

You can't miss the station. We'll be monitoring CB channel 04. PM me if you are going and I can send you my cell number.
        MJR moderator
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

For those of you that haven't been through Lucerne lately, The Valero Station is where the Chevron station used to be. We have used that spot in the past for meeting up before runs.

Mitch

Comment

Depending on heat and kidney fatigue (we are still new to the Jeep and need to build up our endurance :-), we would be interested in the extra credit line through Heartbreak Ridge.
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
              Depending on heat and kidney fatigue (we are still new to the Jeep and need to build up our endurance :-), we would be interested in the extra credit line through Heartbreak Ridge.
              Which vehicle are you bringing? Both?!!

We'll be up off the desert floor so it should be comfortable at Heart Break Ridge. Your Kidneys will do okay in Rattle Snake Cyn!
              MJR moderator
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Mitch, Are any side trips planned i.e. old mining camp.
                Check out .

Comment

Chuck,

My friend asked me to take him up Rattlesnake on the way to Big Bear. He has a Brand new, tricked out 4 door, but it's more show than a thrasher. So if he goes I will drive straight thru, if he bails, I will post options for the Two Hole Mine and some of the things you have GPS co-ords for. I have not seen the mining camp yet. I'll know for sure Thursday.

Mitch

Comment

sounds like fun. i'm going to try and make this one.

Merlin.

Comment

Originally posted by phant0omx View Post
                      sounds like fun. i'm going to try and make this one.

Merlin.
                      Okay Merlin. I read your comments on the calendar checkin. You better get off the computer and get to working on your rig!

See you Saturday!
                      MJR moderator
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

im 99 % sure ill be there
                        [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          Which vehicle are you bringing? Both?!!

We'll be up off the desert floor so it should be comfortable at Heart Break Ridge. Your Kidneys will do okay in Rattle Snake Cyn!
                          Just bringing the Jeep. It will be our longest commute in it by a considerable margin. We are still trying to adapt to the trampoline like ride quality compared to my Rover :-)

Is there gas available at the top? I think I have enough range to get to Lucerne to top off prior to hitting the trail, but man this is one thirsty pig and that cute little gas tank is pretty small! Might need to bring a fuel can on this one.
                          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                            Just bringing the Jeep. It will be our longest commute in it by a considerable margin. We are still trying to adapt to the trampoline like ride quality compared to my Rover :-)

Is there gas available at the top? I think I have enough range to get to Lucerne to top off prior to hitting the trail, but man this is one thirsty pig and that cute little gas tank is pretty small! Might need to bring a fuel can on this one.
                            Yes, gas is available. There's an Arco station at Stanfield Crossing and Big Bear Blvd. (Hwy 18)

Bringing a gas can is always a good idea. Mine mounts on the bolts that holds the spare so I only take it when going on a run. I hate to think what would happen if I got rear-ended, especially since I just removed the hard top for summer. . .
                            MJR moderator
                            Jeep Patrol Leader
                            Reforestation Supervisor
                            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                            Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger,

Weather update says 92' in Lucerne (we'll be long gone before that) and 75'-78' in Big Bear! Should be perfect in the Mountains. I'm sooo ready.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                              X