X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will also look out for it.

Rob

Comment

I am glad for you to have your Jeep back. Mine was stolen in December from city hall parking lot. It has not been recovered. I had State Farm insurance and they covered everything after market I had receipts for. Plus, anything that was for the Jeep (ie. GPS, CB, and $200 in personal items).

They tried to take an average of what a Jeep close to mine would sell for. I found fault in their system. They found jeeps on ebay nothing close to mine. I came back with an offer I felt was fair. I won!

Comment

Again....

....we can't thank everyone here enough, if anything we have all maybe learned a little something or two about watching for the next time:gun:. I know we hear it a lot from everyone here but it's such a cool group of folks.:thumbs_up
        I had to go with another Garvin bumper/rack and bit the bullet bought a WHOLE complete swingaway bumper system, grrrrrrrrrr!
        Anyway, the good folks at Laguna Hills 4 Wheel Parts got me what I needed and it's all here waitin on the Jeep. They tell me MAYBE by the end of the week....:haha:
        Thanks again everyone, see you on the trail....sooner then later.........:wink:
        John & Kristi

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Twister View Post
          Anyway, the good folks at Laguna Hills 4 Wheel Parts got me what I needed and it's all here waitin on the Jeep. They tell me MAYBE by the end of the week....:haha:
          Thanks again everyone, see you on the trail....sooner then later.........:wink:
          Great to hear! Get to wheelin' soon!
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Updated ....FYI....

.....I finally got it back in my hands, very frustrating experience dealing with the insurance co and the repair facilty. I felt like I had to call them both continually and remind them to work together otherwise it's just nothing to either one to just let it sit for however long until somebody asks, sheesh!
            Anyway, besides from the unprofessional demeaner of the field agent I delt with and all the bouncing back and forth between personnel Progressive finally stepped up and did what they could financially. Waived my deductable and gave me the money it would cost to replace the OEM tire/rack and let me apply it towards my Garvin unit. Not real happy about them using USED parts for replacing the doors and top but was told it was their option. The inside door panels look like they where taken off an abandon Jeep left out in the desert and the only attempt to clean them up was a wipe down with a wet paper towel. The repair facility fell far short of what I would expect, not at all detailed. I was told they where going to "detail" the Jeep before letting it go, HA! Not hardly, still laying inside where the stripings and clippings from the wiring repair and the outside looked maybe washed at best, smears and new scratches. It was left out in the weather with the top off so now I have little rusted things inside never intended to get wet, thanks guys, never thought about your customer and maybe throw a sheet of plastic over it? Sorry to say but Boulavard Collsion on Beach BD in Huntington Beach has left me from being a return customer.
            I have it back and spent most of the weekend getting it ready for Desert Safari at the months end.....

PS, anyone looking for a TJ bumper I have one listed in the "For Sale" section of this site......
            John & Kristi

Comment

From the Lowe's parking lot. That really sucks. I am very sorry to hear that. My Jeep is not quite as built as yours, but every night, I look and make sure it is still out there. I wouldn't be so stressed if it wasn't my only vehicle, but still wouldn't want it snatched. Don't know why they want to steal our Jeeps, gas mileage sucks on em.

Stinks that they took the Jeep, but at least it wasn't really hacked up. I know some cherry Jeeps that were stolen and never recovered. One guy had just dropped 5,000 on his only to have it taken weeks later and another guy,6,000 only to take it out a few times only to have it stolen.
              Last edited by ironbelle; 02-12-08, 11:29 PM.
              2004 TJ X
              Callsign: KJ6DHG

Comment

oh man I hate these horror stories. I really need to look into some kind of security. For now I have a BAB(Big A$$ Bat) waiting for anyone that looks wrong at my jeep. The death penalty should be applied to anyone thats steals or vandalizes Jeeps
                [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Go into the main engine harness and put a hidden kill switch, that will shut off the high pressure fuel pump, it wont be going anywhere, will try to find the right color code for the fuel pump wire,,,,,,,
                  06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                  07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                    oh man I hate these horror stories. I really need to look into some kind of security. For now I have a BAB(Big A$$ Bat) waiting for anyone that looks wrong at my jeep. The death penalty should be applied to anyone thats steals or vandalizes Jeeps
                    lol I have a gauge(that is ready to go) and two attack cats if anyone touches my Heep. Also have a hidden security device. :gun:
                    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

air down your tires to 0 psi every time you park.

:geek:
                      03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
                        air down your tires to 0 psi every time you park.

:geek:
                        i am thinking of pulling my tie rod every time.
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I have a super secret way of keeping my Jeep from going very far as of late....

I can't seem to keep any gas in the friggin' tank!
                          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by calduc View Post
                            i am thinking of pulling my tie rod every time.
                            this guy on another form said he welded a tab to his tie rod and to his axle. He would lock it so if someone tried to steel his jeep they would get far!! haha I think thats awesome.

as for any kill switch located in t he engine compartment, that would not be practical for a DD.

Im thinking of a starter kill switch located in your center console. something cool like that. or hire James bonds men to do some sweet fab work.
                            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                              I have a super secret way of keeping my Jeep from going very far as of late....

I can't seem to keep any gas in the friggin' tank!
                              They got my gas twice! Bent my filler neck and popped off the locking gas cap. I didn't even realize it, put more gas in, and it happened again. I now have a NON-locking cap, and keep less than 1/4 tank unless I'm going on a trip. That damn filler neck cost $70!

Comment

:hijack:

yeah, I moved my jeep into the garage to stop the gas thieves. As for the kill switch, mount it inside of a tuffy box or something... I like the padlocked steering idea, there are battery disconnect switches... that would work... there is allways the "pull the coil wire" trick... how about an inline cutoff valve/bypass on the fuel lines... that would work.. or a fuel pump cutoff switch... I'd like to rig up a claymore in the center console that would blow the thieves right leg off, personally... :devil:
                                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                                X