Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
    Roger, how was your Appleseed experience..um, last year?
    It was fantastic. I did not qualify as a rifleman but my score was high enough to meet Marksman qualifications...

BTW - I have a two day defensive handgun course coming up at Front Sight..
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
      It was fantastic. I did not qualify as a rifleman but my score was high enough to meet Marksman qualifications...

BTW - I have a two day defensive handgun course coming up at Front Sight..
      Front site is good. Definitely will improve your pistol marksmanship (or mess it up if you are already good but have bad habits :-).
      I've been enjoying "steel madness" at Raahauges. Shooting reactive steel targets is really fun. Feels a bit like Top Shot. 1st, 3rd, 5th Sundays of the month. It's only $35 plus ammo, and a ton of fun.
      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I'm going with the attitude that I don't know anything. It's not far from the truth!

Being more proficient at firearms is certainly part of emergency preparedness!
        Last edited by Roger; 05-13-13, 07:32 AM.
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Front site is good. Definitely will improve your pistol marksmanship (or mess it up if you are already good but have bad habits :-).
          I've been enjoying "steel madness" at Raahauges. Shooting reactive steel targets is really fun. Feels a bit like Top Shot. 1st, 3rd, 5th Sundays of the month. It's only $35 plus ammo, and a ton of fun.
          Nathan, not singling you out, I'm sure you're careful about cleanup, storage, etc. But for the overall safety of everybody, I'm posting this e-mail that Greg Hoffman forwarded to the Adopt-A-Trail group:

A growing trend in the world of recreational shooting is the use of exploding targets. Popularized by television shows like "Top Shot", these targets are shock sensitive and create a smoky explosion when impacted. The explosion comes from the use of a binary explosive; a mixture of ammonium nitrate and aluminum powder. The mixture is marketed under the brand name "Tannerite", and is sold in two parts. Unbeknownst to most consumers, Tannerite can be sold in California, but possessing it with the intent to mix the two parts (thus creating an explosive) is a Felony. Actually mixing the two parts is also a Felony, and detonating it is yet another!

Here is the problem for Fire Department personnel: This product is showing up everywhere! On a vegetation fire in Cabazon last week, 37 unexploded Tannerite targets required the response of RSOs' Hazardous Device Team. The shock sensitive targets created very large explosions during the disposal process. During the firefight, unexploded and very sensitive target jars were knocked over and walked on by suppression personnel. The RSO HDT Sergeant was amazed no one lost a leg on that mountain. These targets were in plain view... image the ones that are in gargages and hidden under beds throughout this county.
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Practicing shooting is good. Storing food is great also. In the end what it takes to survive is 2 things an absolute willingness to live and secondly to to what ever it takes to do so, without a second thought or flinching.

Comment

Art... I thought all you need to survive is a good windmill and strong fingers to plug the dyke?

Comment

That's to keep your feet dry, Dykes like munching rugs kinda fun to watch, but not what this is about

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                  Nathan, not singling you out, I'm sure you're careful about cleanup, storage, etc. But for the overall safety of everybody, I'm posting this e-mail that Greg Hoffman forwarded to the Adopt-A-Trail group:
                  Wow, I wasn't aware that the Tannerite stuff was that popular. I've never used it before, but I've seen them shot at during the Spring Sports Fair at Raahauges. Pretty darn loud!

By TopShot, what I meant was that we shoot at swinging plates, rotating targets, knockdown plates, things like that. Some obstacles are shot off-hand for good measure. Some of the obstacles look like zombie courses, with baracades, hanging full body targets with steel chest plates that release the hook when you hit it, etc... Lots of fun, but not explosive. Just shooting at steel, at a dedicated shooting range....thus "Steel Madness".
                  Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                  Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                  HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Wow, I wasn't aware that the Tannerite stuff was that popular. I've never used it before, but I've seen them shot at during the Spring Sports Fair at Raahauges. Pretty darn loud!

By TopShot, what I meant was that we shoot at swinging plates, rotating targets, knockdown plates, things like that. Some obstacles are shot off-hand for good measure. Some of the obstacles look like zombie courses, with baracades, hanging full body targets with steel chest plates that release the hook when you hit it, etc... Lots of fun, but not explosive. Just shooting at steel, at a dedicated shooting range....thus "Steel Madness".
                    Ah, thanks for the clarification. Just wanting to get the information out there who don't realize the negatives of cool stuff like explosives!
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

For all your survivalist types and what not this might be of interest.

http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2010/...-gas-cars.html

Tought of that the other day when I saw some pics of North Korean trucks using that to make fuel to run the truck

Comment

Came across this today and thought I would share it.

Regards,
                        Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Working...
                        X