Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPS Marking EVERY Front Door in America?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well guys-

I work with real estate transactions. Pretty much at the touch of a button, I can find any property you own by your NAME. There are pictures of it on our title information website, along with a legal description. GPS coordinates are not a far leap at all.

So if you own property, your home is already easily found.

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
      well guys-

I work with real estate transactions. Pretty much at the touch of a button, I can find any property you own by your NAME. There are pictures of it on our title information website, along with a legal description. GPS coordinates are not a far leap at all.

So if you own property, your home is already easily found.

Tam
      Thats why I am not worried about this at all.
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

It's one thing for your reality or other private companies to be able to access some home owner information on http://www.octitle.com/, mytaxcollector.com is very similar as long as you have a name, parcel number or address. That's fine.

It's an entirely different thing for the White House to have a Master Electronic list of everybody which would include other highly personal information, inevitably. In my opinion the census should not be used for sorting people to the benefit of the government. The government should protect the rights of the people, not take them.

Recently I did a title search on http://www.octitle.com/, I could not pull up how many guns I have currently have registered, or my medical records using the title search program. The New White House census will include such information, I assure you, if there is no resistance.
        My best, Max7
        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
          It's one thing for your reality or other private companies to be able to access some home owner information on http://www.octitle.com/, mytaxcollector.com is very similar as long as you have a name, parcel number or address. That's fine.

It's an entirely different thing for the White House to have a Master Electronic list of everybody which would include other highly personal information, inevitably. In my opinion the census should not be used for sorting people to the benefit of the government. The government should protect the rights of the people, not take them.

Recently I did a title search on http://www.octitle.com/, I could not pull up how many guns I have currently have registered, or my medical records using the title search program. The New White House census will include such information, I assure you, if there is no resistance.
          My best, Max7
          Perhaps you missed the part where, by LAW, the census is not allowed to share that information?

Or did you just choose to ignore that part?

And what is the difference between a private organization or a public organization having that info? In fact, I'm MORE worried about private organizations having it. Big Gov't is WAY too inefficient to do anything meaningful with it. Now I'm worried that I'm going to get even more unsolicited spam and unwanted advertising. That's the REAL threat....
          '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

in my dealings with the city hall, and building departments, they have aerial maps and photos showing the coordinates, parcel lines, and a photo of your house. hell, my jeep is even in the driveway on the photo in my city hall.

this is nothing new. they keep a microfiche of every plan that comes through the building and planning department. all of this data is easily attainable by visiting your city hall and is public information provided you don't want physical copies.

they already know where my front door is from the 1950's when the place was legally built. they know where yours is too provided it was legally built, and the proper channels were taken prior to construction.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

well with all of this information already available and carefully cataloged, I for one, am really happy to have more tax dollars spent on gathering it all over again! What else can we pay for while we're shooting new photos of air force one over New York and paying farmers to keep their fields in fallow... maybe we can house some L.A. teachers for a few years, and pay them full salary! What can we throw our money at next?
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Not a chance... I did not miss the Census law. That's another point I have been trying to make. "By law, the Census Bureau cannot share respondents' answers with the FBI, the IRS, CIA, Welfare, Immigration, or any other government agency." Precisely what happens when the White House controls the census and has an all access pass to all of our information? "Requiring the census director to report directly to the White House and placing responsibility for administration of the Bureau outside the Department of Commerce may even violate federal law," furthermore, "...[The White House] has no business overseeing the activities of the Census Bureau, a division of the Commerce Department that needs to remain free and clear of any and all political considerations.” source: http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/cen...08/179458.html

Currently you can just about pick any issue, that the government ignores the law (The Constitution, the supreme law of the land). What is to stop them from ignoring the law with the Census? Nothing. Who would stop the White House and a Majority Congress from hacking the Constitution up and throwing it away... they don't care about law, they hate it. What ever they can't change they will "get your liberal buddies in the judicial system and rewrite it, the Constitution, from the bench."

They are getting away with it because there is little protest. The protest that does exist is dismissed by the opposition as "Extremist". Nothing quite like "criminalizing" your opponent for lawfully opposing you. This administration IS making their own rules now. What do you think Obama meant when he said he would "fundamentally change America"? I don't want the want the Countries foundation to change fundamentally!

“The government does not exist to determine the acceptable level of wealth of its individual citizens. For government to assume that role, it would have to end private property rights and assume all property belonged to the State. That is classic Marxism. Barack Obama complains that the Constitution is a `charter of negative liberties.’ That’s because the Constitution was intended as a limiting document, to curtail the power of the federal government vis-à-vis the states and the individual. Barack Obama wants to reverse that entirely. And that’s radical change you’d better believe in, or else.” source:http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/5974

To touch on your concern about private companies having access to this info, consider this: Private companies can't wait until the Government has all the info. Why? Because once the government has the info it becomes publicly accessible.

A source earlier posted by Old Fart:

"Private Companies Push for Data

Pressure is growing to change the law and make this information available. Demand for geographic data is booming.

Private companies would love to get their hands on the Census Bureau's data. Web sites like Mapquest.com or maps.google.com, usually show addresses within the correct city block, but they will point to the correct house less than half the time.

Don Cooke, an executive from the mapping company TeleAtlas, says the Census Bureau's database would immediately solve that problem, and he'd like to use it.

'The laws basically say the intellectual property that's generated by the government belongs to us citizens, so I'd like to get it,' he says. 'Because I don't want to spend the money to go out and compile it!" source: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5590541

The best leaders always find common ground for solutions.

My best, Max7
                "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Max,

I agree with you and Scott on this 100 percent. Friday's Daily Press had a nice editoial by a lady who told the GPS gathering person to get the hell off of her property. They do not have any reason to gather more info about us, step foot on our property, or waste our tax dollars on this crap!. My property is fenced and locked, so if someone is knocking, I'm going hunting!

Mitch

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                  X