Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPS Marking EVERY Front Door in America?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peteyg View Post
    What has that proven, beyond the fact that the actual action is happening? WHY it is happening is pure speculation, and some of that speculation has trended very wildly to the crazy side of paranoia.

While it is good to be vigilant, it is best to temper that vigilance with reason.
    Again with the whole paranoia thing!

There is a difference between being vigilant to the happenings of your surroundings and being paranoid. If you rase questions about something that you see happening in your neighborhood to the rest of your neighbors and you ralley everyone to combat the situation, then your vigilant. But, if you see something happening and you speculate with your neighbors and question, why this is happening? and you then try and come to some kind of a reasonable conclusion to combat the situation then your somehow on the crazy side of paranoia!? Sorry, that makes no sense!

Wanting to know the truth about what is happening is all thats being ask here and that in it's self does not make one paranoid! Being a patriot and defending your rights does not make one paranoid! Having a difference of opinion dose not make on paranoid. By your discription, you'd have everyone think that the people who care about this country and want to defend it were in the outer limits of sanity and without reason and that is absurd!

It sounds like some may have already made the decision that its not worth your time to protect and defend what I and so many others in this great country swore to protect and defend and if so, that scares the hell outta me!! Now, am I being paranoid or am I just speculating again!

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
    You know what I like about this site is that you can choose to read a post or not, choose to reply or not, choose to ignore someone or not, and more importantly speak your mind or not.

Very simple choose and enjoy.:smile:
    Thought this needed a bump! I'm with you Chuck!
    Last edited by avjeepfreek; 05-07-09, 02:32 AM.
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
      Sorry, just had to point this one out - your legal advice thread has a photo of two men in a tub. If that's appropriate, then Max's threads are appropriate in my opinion. Everyone has been posting what they want here on this board, with very few exceptions.
      I guess I wasn't the only one thinking that.

If I may also add...isn't this section called Off Topic?

Off Topic
      A contribution is on-topic if it is within the bounds of the current discussion and off-topic if not. The terms are normally used in the context of mailing lists, discussion groups, discussion forums, bulletin boards, newsgroups, and wikis.

It is a common courtesy to mark a new off-topic posting or email by beginning it with "OT"- for example in a forum discussing the Linux operating system someone might post: "OT: Wow, did you feel that earthquake?".

The term "off topic" is also used to indicate a discussion venue where anything other than matters specifically addressed by the website/mailing list/discussion group in question is addressed. For example, an off topic category on an automobile related discussion forum may include talk about video games (which presumably have nothing to do with automobiles). There are a variety of sites dedicated entirely to random discussion that have nothing to do with anything and off-topic posting is the norm. On the other hand are specific subject groups and lists where it is generally considered bad form and a breach of netiquette to discuss any topic that is not germane to the group. -Wikipedia
      Check out .

Comment

Wow, i'm on the wrong thread. I was just wondering how many beers i can drink while on the trail?

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
          Sorry, just had to point this one out - your legal advice thread has a photo of two men in a tub. If that's appropriate, then Max's threads are appropriate in my opinion. Everyone has been posting what they want here on this board, with very few exceptions.

This site isn't just about jeeps - it's also about the friends that drive those jeeps, as it's always been.

LOL . . . Now I've got to give credit where credit is due . . . Tomb Raider was responsible for the two men in a tub photo . . . I for one appreciate him hopping out of the tub to snap that pic

I was under the impression that this site was intended to be a community of Jeepers . . . where people with a common interest in Jeeps would be able to come together. Seems to me that constant polarizing topics like politics, immigration, etc do more to cause divisions in the community rather than bringing the community together. I tend to think that certain topics, espeically politics and religion, should be reserved for an appropriate setting. Especially considering the frequency, it seems to me that all these discussions do is alienate those that have different points of view. Just my :2:
          Last edited by Schmo; 05-07-09, 08:11 AM.
          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
            Again with the whole paranoia thing!

There is a difference between being vigilant to the happenings of your surroundings and being paranoid. If you rase questions about something that you see happening in your neighborhood to the rest of your neighbors and you ralley everyone to combat the situation, then your vigilant. But, if you see something happening and you speculate with your neighbors and question, why this is happening? and you then try and come to some kind of a reasonable conclusion to combat the situation then your somehow on the crazy side of paranoia!? Sorry, that makes no sense!
            But the conclusions that have been reached are not reasonable.

And the reasonable conclusions that WERE brought out were dismissed out of hand, because they don't "fit" with the wild extremist view.

Not one single FACT has emerged that demonstrates that any constitutional rights were violated, despite Max's objections.

As the venerable Jack Webb would have said, "Just the facts, man, just the facts."

Wanting to know the truth about what is happening is all thats being ask here and that in it's self does not make one paranoid! Being a patriot and defending your rights does not make one paranoid! Having a difference of opinion dose not make on paranoid. By your discription, you'd have everyone think that the people who care about this country and want to defend it were in the outer limits of sanity and without reason and that is absurd!
            You make a distinction that is invalid. By making the association you have, you very sneakily make it so only you are a good citizen, and only you care about this country, our rights, and our beliefs. I can assure you, you are mistaken.

There is a difference between a patriot and a zealot, but on the surface both may seem very similar. By pulling out the flag and wrapping yourself in the "patriotic" theme, you are saying, in effect, that anything anyone says that you disagree with is unpatriotic, and that is both unfair and insulting.

It sounds like some may have already made the decision that its not worth your time to protect and defend what I and so many others in this great country swore to protect and defend and if so, that scares the hell outta me!! Now, am I being paranoid or am I just speculating again!
            Again, you draw the me vs. everyone else line. You really have this one down cold. And you are speculating. if you were paranoid about this one, you'd be making the assumption that I am unpatriotic and am out to usurp your rights...oh, wait, you DID make that assumption...my bad. You're being paranoid.
            '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
              LOL . . . Now I've got to give credit where credit is due . . . Tomb Raider was responsible for the two men in a tub photo . . . I for one appreciate him hopping out of the tub to snap that pic

I was under the impression that this site was intended to be a community of Jeepers . . . where people with a common interest in Jeeps would be able to come together. Seems to me that constant polarizing topics like politics, immigration, etc do more to cause divisions in the community rather than bringing the community together. I tend to think that certain topics, espeically politics and religion, should be reserved for an appropriate setting. Especially considering the frequency, it seems to me that all these discussions do is alienate those that have different points of view. Just my :2:
              it is true that the objective of this board is to bring folks together. it is also a large part of what this boards objectives are is to educate.

having just read through this whole mess, i will say i disagree with much of what has been posted, but it is in a format that clearly illustrates some of the finer points of arguing.

i'm not seeing a bunch of name calling or other things that sometimes take place on internet message boards. it is a debate.

if debating makes you not want to play with those that disagree with your views, you might want to work on that on the inside.

this is a message board full of opinionated non cookie cutter individuals that have no problem expressing their views no matter how far to the right or left they are.

enjoy it.

see you all at the meet and greet
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I've been watching this thread for two reasons.

1. Pure entertainment.

2. I wanted to see if there was any real threat to this, and if yes, what people were going to do.

So far all I've gotten from this is entertainment.

It's great to stand up for what you believe, but when it comes down to it, it's not what you say, but what you do that defines you. So far I have heard nothing that suggests a course of action (other than your first post that said “call your congressman”). If you folks are truly outraged by this, then what have you done about it?

Have you typed up a letter to a congressman, that you could post, so that others may voice their concern?

Have you listed phone numbers for people to call to voice there concern?

E-mail addresses?

I have seen many issues posted on many forums, like the Johnson Valley issue, and many people provided information and typed letters so that others could get involved.

So far all you have done is rant, post speculative information, and call anyone that does not agree with you “unpatriotic” or “sheeple”. Insulting people, or trying to scare them with unsupported claims, is not the way to get support.

If you want to be taken seriously, and have people help you in your fight, then you need to step up, suggest a course of action and provide the means for others to do so. Otherwise you’re just another fanatic.

(Edit) The media and government use scare tactics to get ratings or approval, which is all you have done so far.
                Last edited by cmjrfan8; 05-07-09, 09:51 AM.
                2006 Rubicon Unlimited
                Lifted, Locked, and Armored for Rock

Comment

But the conclusions that have been reached are not reasonable.

And the reasonable conclusions that WERE brought out were dismissed out of hand, because they don't "fit" with the wild extremist view.
                  In your opinion only! I have not dismissed anyones point of view. Sometimes reasonable discussion is the only way to reasonable conclusion!

Not one single FACT has emerged that demonstrates that any constitutional rights were violated, despite Max's objections.
                  We have not come to that conclusion yet! "Time will tell!"

You make a distinction that is invalid. By making the association you have, you very sneakily make it so only you are a good citizen, and only you care about this country, our rights, and our beliefs. I can assure you, you are mistaken.

There is a difference between a patriot and a zealot, but on the surface both may seem very similar. By pulling out the flag and wrapping yourself in the "patriotic" theme, you are saying, in effect, that anything anyone says that you disagree with is unpatriotic, and that is both unfair and insulting.
                  I have made no such association. I do not feel that I am better than anyone else out there or the model citizen at all. I simply point out the fact that it scares me to think that some people don't take things seriously and scoff at the fact that there may be a foul plot afoot in our government!

Again, you draw the me vs. everyone else line. You really have this one down cold. And you are speculating. if you were paranoid about this one, you'd be making the assumption that I am unpatriotic and am out to usurp your rights...oh, wait, you DID make that assumption...my bad. You're being paranoid.
                  This is not me vs. you or me vs. everyone else, but if you feel the need to see it that way, I'll try to help you better understand my point, Like Paul Revere rode through the countryside alerting the citizens the British were coming. (Was he paranoid, history show us he was not.) I too feel it is our (should I say) my patriotic duty to do the same when something I feel is of importance comes along, does that make me better than you? No. But, if you choose not to be the alerter and chalk it up to paranoia, then I'll be there to do the alerting! What's seems important to me may not be to you and thats what's great about this country,.... we are free to choose what drives us. I took an oath in the military to "Protect and Defend the United States of America from all enemies both foreign and domestic." and that oath did not end when my service ended. I will continue to be vigilant and alert people to what's going on around them. Whether you choose to listen or not, is your decision. But hey, it seems that all you can do is find the negative and try and turn this into a war between you and me. So, you'll probably choose to continue to try and manipulate my words to try and show that I'm somehow paranoid and make no sense! Now wait, is that me just being paranoid or making an correct assumption!

Bottom line, I know I'm not paranoid at all, just a patriot.
                  Last edited by avjeepfreek; 05-07-09, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
                    ...I took an oath in the military to "Protect and Defend the United States of America from all enemies both foreign and domestic." ...
                    I took that same oath, but I'm pretty sure I remember it saying "Protect and Defend the CONSTITUTION of the United States of America". Semantics, maybe, but so far I don't see anything that is majorly working against the constitution. When constitutional amendments are brought up, then that's a different story.

But if you're going to bring up the oath, make sure you bring up the FULL oath, because it's important:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

And again, you cast yourself in the patriotic blanket and by association make the statement that others who do not join you are unpatriotic. Some may not see past the rhetoric and into the context, but not everyone is so easily swayed.

You fail to grasp that it's not about "failing to listen", as you so eloquently put it. Rather, it's disagreement with your conclusion that is the crux of the argument. I heard everything you said. I disagree with your assessment. I believe it to be to be full of hyperbole and alarmism, and I don't believe the facts that have been brought to light justify the level of alarm. That is not a "failure to listen", it is a complete disagreement with your point of view.

However, there is one thing that we are both completely agreed on:

There is no other place on this planet where a discourse such as this would be permitted, and even encouraged, and THAT is what makes this a truly special place.

Governments come and go. This society is changing significantly from what is was, to be sure. Some things bother me, other things don't. However, at this point, only one thing drives me: Ensuring the safety and security of my family and loved ones. My kids are my primary concern, and I will do whatever is necessary to ensure their continued happiness and safety. Period. Absolutely NOTHING else matters to me. That may be somewhat selfish from a nationalistic point of view, but it is what it is.
                    '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

I took that same oath, but I'm pretty sure I remember it saying "Protect and Defend the CONSTITUTION of the United States of America". Semantics, maybe, but so far I don't see anything that is majorly working against the constitution. When constitutional amendments are brought up, then that's a different story.

But if you're going to bring up the oath, make sure you bring up the FULL oath, because it's important:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
                      I'm well aware of the full oath I took,(TWICE) My use of the words "The United States of America" and not The "CONSTITUTION" was an oversite on my part, thank you for pointing it out!

And again, you cast yourself in the patriotic blanket and by association make the statement that others who do not join you are unpatriotic. Some may not see past the rhetoric and into the context, but not everyone is so easily swayed.
                      Not sure why you feel this way! I never said anything about anyone not taking this oath was unpatriotic at all, simply stating fact that "I" took that oath.....

You fail to grasp that it's not about "failing to listen", as you so eloquently put it. Rather, it's disagreement with your conclusion that is the crux of the argument. I heard everything you said. I disagree with your assessment. I believe it to be to be full of hyperbole and alarmism, and I don't believe the facts that have been brought to light justify the level of alarm. That is not a "failure to listen", it is a complete disagreement with your point of view.
                      again,.....time will tell I guess if we are sounding the alarm of something major about to occur or just being paranoid! who knows what their (The Government) motives are but wouldn't it be nice to know???? I'm still seeing the attemts at picking apart my comments and twisting them to your advantage and trying cast the shadow of paranoia or doubt my way. You may think that you have me on the run so to speek but, I am steadfast in my views and will continue to defend what I believe in. We may not believe in the same things but like I stated before, "That's the beauty of this great country, We can listen to each other and still disagree!"

However, there is one thing that we are both completely agreed on:

There is no other place on this planet where a discourse such as this would be permitted, and even encouraged, and THAT is what makes this a truly special place.

Governments come and go. This society is changing significantly from what is was, to be sure. Some things bother me, other things don't. However, at this point, only one thing drives me: Ensuring the safety and security of my family and loved ones. My kids are my primary concern, and I will do whatever is necessary to ensure their continued happiness and safety. Period. Absolutely NOTHING else matters to me. That may be somewhat selfish from a nationalistic point of view, but it is what it is.
                      I'm glad we finally can agree on something! I support you 100% on this!
                      If we agree to disagree on some issues it's fine by me and there's absoluetly no hard fellings. This is (STILL) a free country so, as long as it remains that way I will continue to voice my opposition to things that may effect me and my family.
                      Last edited by avjeepfreek; 05-07-09, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Further, We can sit here all day long and pick apart eachothers views and comments until the cows come home! But, that's really not doing anything but dividing us further.

The question was asked at the begining of this thread: "Why do they need this information?" and I have yet to see a difinitive answer given other than "it's part of the Census process of gathering info." ...and that this might somehow make things easier. That's not good enough for me personaly.

Why be so secretive and GPS my front door and then #1. not tell me your doing it in the first place and #2. Why your doing it!
                        Last edited by avjeepfreek; 05-07-09, 01:44 PM.

Comment

The “news” that the US Census was (is) going to use current technology to perform the 2010 Census isn’t hidden – it was well publicized.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5590541 (31 July 2006)

http://www.allbusiness.com/governmen...7318129-1.html (1 December 2004)

So, "they" did tell you they were going to do it, the fact that the US census was going GPS was all over the media for over 3 years before it started happening (and older information than that if you hang out in any of the GPS forums)
                          Jeff
                          OHV76V
                          KG6TY
                          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                            The “news” that the US Census was (is) going to use current technology to perform the 2010 Census isn’t hidden – it was well publicized.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5590541 (31 July 2006)

http://www.allbusiness.com/governmen...7318129-1.html (1 December 2004)

So, "they" did tell you they were going to do it, the fact that the US census was going GPS was all over the media for over 3 years before it started happening (and older information than that if you hang out in any of the GPS forums)
                            and... the voice of reason. (or the guy that took 22 seconds to look into it )
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Actually Erik - I didn't need to take any seconds to "look into it" - as I mentioned, on the GPS forums the news is about as new as first generation Playstation....

"Voice of reason" - I like that! (now to modify my sig file) :tongue:
                              Jeff
                              OHV76V
                              KG6TY
                              You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Why should I care if the Government has GPS Co-ordinates of my house on file?

[COLOR="Red"]At her computer, with a few clicks of the mouse... She can pick any address and retrieve pictures of that building from overhead and from the street, along with information about its owner.[/COLOR]

Well that's no big deal. Is it?

So what if they couple it with RFID technology... you know like the chip that's in my Passport

Or soon to be in my Real ID card.

Or who cares if they can see how much Money I have *hoarded* in my matress.

None of this is infringing on my rights... Right?

My pets have Chips implanted in them. They seem to be fine... Surely the mandatory RFID chipping of livestock is in our best interest.

And it's not like they're trying to chip people yet... Are they?

Well it's not like they can't already track me using my cell phone or GPS equiped car...

HEY maybe Big Brother can call me when my RFID chipped pet wanders away from my home... Since they'll be able to see the "Pet" blip move away from the "Front door" blip and notice "My" blip left in my "Car" blip with my "Passport" blip and $50,000 in "Dollar" blips...

~C!~ (Tinfoil... Pshh. I got a titanium helmet!)

Comment

Working...
                                X