Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It isn't exactly flat, but the deviation is not that far off. The RF gain was turned all the way up, but I will try turning off the other features.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
      Striker, a few things to check:
      Is there a knob marked "RF Gain"? If so, make sure it's all the way up (clockwise)
      Switch off any noise limiters (ANL, etc)
      Very surprised to see a "flat" SWR across the whole band - especially with a 4' antenna.
      Agreed,.. however, "flat match" is a myth,.. unless you are on a dummy load.
      "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
        Agreed,.. however, "flat match" is a myth,.. unless you are on a dummy load.

....why I was surprised
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY
        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

The swr meter I was using does not have tick marks between the numbers, so I am just estimating, but I don't think there is more than .2 spread between the 3 channels. I did move where I had the cb mounted and I can now hear chatter once in a while. When I try to get a radio check though, it sounds as if someone replies, but it is not clear enough to be sure.

We are camping at big bear now, hopefully I can find someone out here with a cb so that I can finally get a good check.

Comment

Striker -
            Also check your squelch setting. Turn it all the way counter clock wise. Then turn it clock wise until the static goes away.
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
            X