Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Discussion

Question? Do you guys trailer your jeeps in or drive them there? I am not sure if all your jeeps are street legal or what not. Thought I would ask.

Oh, also, where are you getting the cb's and antenna's "cheap?

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
    Question? Do you guys trailer your jeeps in or drive them there? I am not sure if all your jeeps are street legal or what not. Thought I would ask.

[COLOR="Blue"]4 West 4x4 in Colton has a good selection, Wal-Mart sells a decent unit, and most truck stops have a complete set up, or radio shack.[/COLOR]

Comment

Any models better than another or just what you like and buy it? What about installation? Any local places hook them up with the antenna?

Thanks again!

Ron

Comment

The only place I know here in the Desert is "High Desert CB" 760-947-9917.He is mobil now and I met him at the Pilot truck stop by the pumps.
        Dennis and Tammy
        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

In answer to you first question, most MJR Jeeps are street legal (well they have a license plate anyway ). The guys that trailer or tow their rigs usually plan on breaking something or they don't want to drive them on the freeway for a long distance.
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Ron,

The Pilot truck stop has CB's and Antenas inside the snack shop. And the big truck stops off Milliken south of the 10 fwy have a large selection. If nothing else, you can get some prices and info. I have a basic Cobra 39 BC amd a 4' Wilson antena and it works perfect for my needs.

Mitch

Comment

Radio Shack also has CB's; low dollar ones, but could take a beating too. I know, personally.

Comment

Was going to look there and truck stop.

Comment

Originally posted by tony m View Post
                  Radio Shack also has CB's; low dollar ones, but could take a beating too. I know, personally.
                  I have one of those Radio Shack branded CB's, and it works fine (now that its properly grounded!), but though they are nice and cheap and compact, you cannot swap parts with Cobra or Uniden. Particularly, the microphone, which is the part most people need to replace over the years. I currently have four CB radios, and my best one is the Uniden PRO-520XL from Radio Shack for $60. It's compact, black, and works great.
                  http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2572006

Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                  Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                  HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I did see your post until after I got home. I ended up with the Cobra 29LTD for $89

Comment

I did see your post until after I got home. I ended up with the Cobra 29LTD for $89
                      Cobra's & Uniden's are good brands. I have one of each. You made a good choice. What did you buy for an antenna?
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Fire stick

Comment

Ron,

It was nice to meet you and Dawn today. You are going to have lots of fun with your project. At least you are starting out with a very clean rig! The firestick will be perfect. I'll let you know about the mount.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                            Ron,

It was nice to meet you and Dawn today. You are going to have lots of fun with your project. At least you are starting out with a very clean rig! The firestick will be perfect. I'll let you know about the mount.

Mitch
                            Thanks Mitch! Same with us, it was nice meeting you. Thanks for stopping by.

I called Ken. Got some bad news. He said I need a slip yoke eliminator and a drive shaft for a 4" lift. Who has the best deal?

Thanks,
                            Ron

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                              I have one of those Radio Shack branded CB's, and it works fine (now that its properly grounded!), but though they are nice and cheap and compact, you cannot swap parts with Cobra or Uniden. Particularly, the microphone, which is the part most people need to replace over the years. I currently have four CB radios, and my best one is the Uniden PRO-520XL from Radio Shack for $60. It's compact, black, and works great.
                              http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2572006

That is an excellent CB. I've used one for two years.
                              92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Working...
                              X