Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
    I did see your post until after I got home. I ended up with the Cobra 29LTD for $89

Was that at the truck stop? That is a better price than I have been seeing online, plus I would rather drive to a store to get it.

Comment

Yes it was

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
        I have one of those Radio Shack branded CB's, and it works fine (now that its properly grounded!), but though they are nice and cheap and compact, you cannot swap parts with Cobra or Uniden. Particularly, the microphone, which is the part most people need to replace over the years. I currently have four CB radios, and my best one is the Uniden PRO-520XL from Radio Shack for $60. It's compact, black, and works great.
        http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2572006

I bought one of these and installed this weekend. Ive got a range of over 100 feet so far! Materdaddy is going to help me tune my antenna soon. Also I need to check my ground...
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
          I bought one of these and installed this weekend. Ive got a range of over 100 feet so far! Materdaddy is going to help me tune my antenna soon. Also I need to check my ground...

Lol. I guess with a range like that you should have saved your money and just yelled at the other party!

Once you get the antenna worked out the CB will work great for you.
          92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Originally posted by paultyler View Post
            lol. I guess with a range like that you should have saved your money and just yelled at the other party!

Once you get the antenna worked out the cb will work great for you.
            lmao!..........

Comment

should have bought a bull horn..
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Just bought a "no ground" 4' firestick, anyone else using these? Still need to tune for SWR just dont have to worry about ground?

Comment

I run a NGP Wilson. Went to it after I had lots of problems with other antennae along involving ground/ interference issues. Tj's have inherent transmit/ receive limits as I understand it. NGP system works well for me.

Comment

The antenna I bought at frys was total crap. This is my new one. It is actually a 12 meter ham antenna. It works like a champ. My only gripe is it is too long. That thinner silver rod on the top is the tuning rod. LOTS of adjustment available.

Those left standing
                    Will make millions
                    Writing books on ways
                    It should have been
                    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

HAM and CB run a different frequencies (wavelengths), the antennas are not interchangable. You might be introducing a lot of impedence to your CB unit, and for certain, are not getting maximum range from your CB.
                      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I might need to do some homework then. I figured since CB is 11 meter band this 12 meter antenna at 2/3 of its length would work fine. On the SWR it tuned up great and so far I have tested it up to maybe 5 miles.
                        Those left standing
                        Will make millions
                        Writing books on ways
                        It should have been
                        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Probably seeing resonance - might not be seeing full power output (unfortunately, an SWR meter only tells you resonance)

5 miles is pretty normal for 11M AM (CB). A 12M antenna should be "tunable" through the whole 12M band (24.890-24.990), normally there's not much adjustment as 12M is pretty "narrow". CB is 26.985-27.405, the antenna needs to be quite a bit longer for CB than 12M
                          Jeff
                          OHV76V
                          KG6TY
                          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by MaRShiN View Post
                            Just bought a "no ground" 4' firestick, anyone else using these? Still need to tune for SWR just dont have to worry about ground?
                            I think that is what mine is. I didn't ground it.

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                              The antenna I bought at frys was total crap. This is my new one. It is actually a 12 meter ham antenna. It works like a champ. My only gripe is it is too long. That thinner silver rod on the top is the tuning rod. LOTS of adjustment available.

Where did you get your netting in the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                                Where did you get your netting in the rear?
                                http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14224
                                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X