Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best setup for 31's?

The highest I can go is 31's. Anyone here ride on these and have a nice setup. Details? Pics? Love to get some ideas. I dont have any money, so I'll never actually be able to do any of them, but I need some good material for when Im standing in front of my Jeep in the garage drinking a beer dreaming of what is might be. Plus.. there also the Lotto. And the death of rich family members (gotta get some of them..).
    Last edited by FromLadaToJeep; 07-05-07, 09:11 PM.

31's will get you further than you may think. I am running nominal 32's (which is really only 31.5's) and I have traveled trails that I have seen folks with much higher lifts hestitate on.

The problem for you is that Toronto is mostly flat land, right? Where do you mostly wheel? Mud or rocks?
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post

The problem for you is that Toronto is mostly flat land, right? Where do you mostly wheel? Mud or rocks?

Mud Mud Mud. Its all mud here. There are some rocky trails up north and in Quebec, but I'd mainly be doing mud. Until I drive down there and go wheeling with some of you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by FromLadaToJeep View Post
        Mud Mud Mud. Its all mud here. There are some rocky trails up north and in Quebec, but I'd mainly be doing mud. Until I drive down there and go wheeling with some of you guys.
        My alter ego says: "Than why the hell are you on a "My Jeep Rocks" forum???"

Well, me, I'll tell you. a) I'm kinda slow; and b)if anyone knows a thing or two about Jeeps/jeep repair it'll be you guys cause you are smashin them among the rocks all day. Plus... I do plan on wanting to think about planning a plan to drive down there and do some wheeling and I'm going to need some friends to flip my Jeep back over and take me to the hospital..so..

Comment

My alter ego says: "Than why the hell are you on a "My Jeep Rocks" forum???"

Well, me, I'll tell you. a) I'm kinda slow; and b)if anyone knows a thing or two about Jeeps/jeep repair it'll be you guys cause you are smashin them among the rocks all day. Plus... I do plan on wanting to think about planning a plan to drive down there and do some wheeling and I'm going to need some friends to flip my Jeep back over and take me to the hospital..so..
          LMAO!!! Look up rauschcreekoffroadpark.com thats where I wheel until i move out to join the mother ship in california. I should be a lot closer to you than those guys if you want to plan a baby steps trip for the big one to Cali
          Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

there are a fair share of Mudders here on MJR, don't be fooled by our rocky exterior. I however have sworn off of the "mudding" thing due to my lack of the "cleaning" thing.

That and my jeep has no top.

I keep breaking them.

on the rocks. mostly Odessa.

stop laughing at me.
            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Yea ill get in the mud on occasion or if, because i live on the east coast and the trail requires that i HAVE to! I dont like mud..and like kodiak said..i dont like that whole cleaning thing too!

Comment

ok, I will give you an anwser or opinion, get a 2 inch budget boost from rubicon express and change shocks to monotubes instead of twin tubes. You will be happy with this set up and 31 inch tires.

Comment

Originally posted by scherf68 View Post
                  ok, I will give you an anwser or opinion, get a 2 inch budget boost from rubicon express and change shocks to monotubes instead of twin tubes. You will be happy with this set up and 31 inch tires.
                  What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by KNCJeeper View Post
                    LMAO!!! Look up rauschcreekoffroadpark.com thats where I wheel until i move out to join the mother ship in california.
                    I checked that park out and it looks awesome.Its not beyond the realm of possibility that I can go there... I love road trips. And really.. it's only 7 hours - thats not that bad. I drive to NYC a little for trade shows and love the drive. (Don't tell anyone in the forum.. but Im a big chicken and hate flying..) so I drive. Anyway.. thanks for that tip.

Comment

Originally posted by scherf68 View Post
                      Looking deeper into this.. definately fits the budget. Do you know anyone who has this setup?
                      Thanks.

Comment

I did.
                        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Looking deeper into this.. definately fits the budget. Do you know anyone who has this setup?
                          Thanks.
                          There is a a good amount of people that drive 7hrs to Rausch Creek and wheel. Its a pretty cool place. We could go camping to for a weekend and just wheel, drink, and have fun!

Comment

Thanks.
                            Most people started out with a 2 inch lift, the one I referenced about is one of the cheapest routes where most people talk positive about.

my first lift, 2 inch and 31's.

Comment

I have a 2 inch budget boost and 31's. Ran Holcomb Creek a couple months ago...

I ended up having to add a motor mount lift and body lift to get rid of my vibes, but I didn't spend hardly anything... oh and the JKS discos were nice too and worth every penny.

Sorry, all I got are poser shots since I haven't been out since I "finished" it.

Comment

Working...
                              X